Newbie Trader needs opinions on Binary bets

This is a discussion on Newbie Trader needs opinions on Binary bets within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; The MM system will use various factors such as the cash market and futures feeds, but linking to the cash ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 4, 2007, 5:03pm   #15

Joined May 2005
The MM system will use various factors such as the cash market and futures feeds, but linking to the cash market alone would be very unwise as the cash market is only updated every 15 seconds (for the FTSE anyway).
BinarySoft Chris is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 5:08pm   #16

Joined Jan 2004
will the futures feed go straight into betfair
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 5:16pm   #17

Joined Jan 2004
are you saying my datafeed from esignal is only updated evry 15 seconds that news to me. If you can get the software to always lay a tight spread with volume either side it wont be long before each hourlie is as busy as a football match. I wish you all the luck with it. I dont think any other features will be needed, get that going you are on to a winner
Old Jul 4, 2007, 5:50pm   #18

Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian View Post
will the futures feed go straight into betfair
No, because I will be paying good money for it
Old Jul 4, 2007, 5:52pm   #19

Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian View Post
are you saying my datafeed from esignal is only updated evry 15 seconds that news to me. If you can get the software to always lay a tight spread with volume either side it wont be long before each hourlie is as busy as a football match. I wish you all the luck with it. I dont think any other features will be needed, get that going you are on to a winner
Not sure which datafeed you have, but I know for a fact that the FTSE 100 Cash index is updated every 15 seconds, see:

http://www.liffe.com/liffeinvestor/i...0futs/what.htm
Old Jul 5, 2007, 7:59am   #20
Joined May 2001
The actual FTSE Cash Index is only calculated each 15 seconds (basis last traded price for each stock in the 100). However.... the FTSE Futures move in real time and are a proxy for FTSE Cash. As a result the spreadbetting firms use the futures to calculate the actual value for FTSE on a second by second basis. However... the binary bets are actually expired on the value of FTSE cash (normally the next print or tick after the stated expiry time in the case of hourlies or any other intra day bet) hence why they dont normally allow betting in the last minute or so (as pricing the cash basis the futures is not and exact science and could be open to abuse in a close run finish).

Anyone who wants to market makes these products needs to be a brave boy in my opinion!

Steve.
stevespray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:26am   #21

Joined Jan 2004
thanks for info