Binary Bets

This is a discussion on Binary Bets within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; Jules 101 I didn't include CityIndex or Finspreads , or any of the other companies which offer limited binary betting ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:47am   #8
Joined Nov 2003
riwf started this thread Jules 101

I didn't include CityIndex or Finspreads, or any of the other companies which offer limited binary betting opportunities, because their main businesses are spread-betting. The ones mentioned seem to be heavily weighted towards binary betting.

Not Quite Random

I'd put binarybet and extrabet at the top because, as you say, they are slick and simple, and they suit my betting approach.

BetOnMarkets, and possible Betaexoticbets seem more suited to longer-term betting where we can take into account possibly forecastable world events to predict the behaviour of markets, i.e. how an American attack on Iran within the next six months will affect the $.

Not quite sure about Choiceodds yet. I had some success yesterday, but only - I think - because I was able to replicate the bets I was making with binarybet.

RIWF
riwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:31pm   #9
Joined Jan 2006
For me its Betonmarkets - simply because the others don't offer comparable bets (I wish someone else did) for my style (bull/bear bets on all indices, with an 8-18 day expiry period.

There also seem to be some quite interesting options at www.clickoptions.com and http://fxtrade.oanda.com/boxoption/
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:51pm   #10
Joined Dec 2006
I think that ClickOptions is very well designed but not very good. Useless product. There seems to be an inverse relationship between design quality and product quailty in this game. ;-)

Boxoption is good and anything from Mr. Olsen is worth our attention IMHO. It is only on FX which is a pain but very dynamic and cool!
NotQuiteRandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 12:24pm   #11
Joined Nov 2003
riwf started this thread Tried choiceodds for a couple of days but doubt if I'll be persevering with it. The only way I could come close to replicating the strategy I use wth binarybets and extrabet was by using the Floating Binary Daily Ranges, but they exposed me to too high a level of risk. Overall, I lost 4.5% of my capital - but at least I'm responsible for planting a tree, I hope.
riwf is offline   Reply With Quote