Alexander Elder

This is a discussion on Alexander Elder within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Darrenf - Are GI reliable? I ordered a book (my first from them) from them 3 weeks ago and still ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 19, 2004, 1:17pm   #8
BBB

Joined Dec 2003
Darrenf - Are GI reliable? I ordered a book (my first from them) from them 3 weeks ago and still no sign. Another member from this board ordered the same book from Amazon in the USA and it came in 6 days.
BBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 2:02pm   #9

Joined Oct 2003
GI

Was the book in stock? I've made contact with GI before (though I did not buy) and their telephone support was certainly very good.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 2:36pm   #10
BBB

Joined Dec 2003
Yes. In fairness it did say 10 days delivery - but even if they meant 10 business days, they still have had a long enough time.

I guess it could be Royal Mail at fault.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 4:38pm   #11
Joined Jan 2003
BBB

Always had reliable service from GI. Most books generally arrive within a couple of working days. (Most of the books I have ordered have been immediate dispatch).

The only time I've had to chase up was one case where I ordered a book that had a week or two delivery time on it. It hadn't arrived by the specified time so I emailed them. prompt response saying it had been dispatched the day before. Book turned up on my doorstep the next day.

If your'e having trouble, drop them an email. I'm sure they will respond promptly.

Darren
darrenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 4:46pm   #12
BBB

Joined Dec 2003
I gave them a call. Book still in the States!! Said they will chase it. They do seem very friendly and helpful which is a big plus, and unusual these days.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 4:53pm   #13
Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by BBB
They do seem very friendly and helpful which is a big plus, and unusual these days.
Yep, most of the time you're expected to feel privileged for being given the opportunity to part with your cash.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 5:24pm   #14
Joined Sep 2003
Over the years I've always found Harriman House in Petersfield(Global Investor) ultra efficient, friendly, courteous, professional and a delight to do business with - a rarity in this day and age.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote