Alexander Elder

This is a discussion on Alexander Elder within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; I have found both the Elder books the most useful of all the books I have read. I love the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 24, 2004, 6:24pm   #16
Joined May 2004
I have found both the Elder books the most useful of all the books I have read. I love the psychological aspect and found his break down of chart patterns and indicators very useful. He also explains in detail his own indicators which are very useful. His Triple Screen trading system is a good basis for designing your own system, but it needs tweaking I think to make it work for each stock. Come into My Trading Room follows on from Trading For a Living and I think it would be well worthwhile getting both. Plus get the work books/study guides that go along with them.

His approach has changed over the last 11 or so years, and he actually encourages you to go out and find the style that suites you best and develop your own trading system instead of picking ready made systems. I think his books are very clear and insightful.

As an aside... I always order my investment books from Amazon they have a huge selection in stock and they arive within a few days. Brilliant! Infact, thats reminded me... I think I'll order that swinging trader book I've had my eye on!
pkfryer is offline   Reply With Quote