Alexander Elder

This is a discussion on Alexander Elder within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; BBB Always had reliable service from GI. Most books generally arrive within a couple of working days. (Most of the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 19, 2004, 5:38pm   #11
Joined Jan 2003
BBB

Always had reliable service from GI. Most books generally arrive within a couple of working days. (Most of the books I have ordered have been immediate dispatch).

The only time I've had to chase up was one case where I ordered a book that had a week or two delivery time on it. It hadn't arrived by the specified time so I emailed them. prompt response saying it had been dispatched the day before. Book turned up on my doorstep the next day.

If your'e having trouble, drop them an email. I'm sure they will respond promptly.

Darren
darrenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 5:46pm   #12
BBB

Joined Dec 2003
I gave them a call. Book still in the States!! Said they will chase it. They do seem very friendly and helpful which is a big plus, and unusual these days.
BBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 5:53pm   #13
Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by BBB
They do seem very friendly and helpful which is a big plus, and unusual these days.
Yep, most of the time you're expected to feel privileged for being given the opportunity to part with your cash.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 6:24pm   #14
Joined Sep 2003
Over the years I've always found Harriman House in Petersfield(Global Investor) ultra efficient, friendly, courteous, professional and a delight to do business with - a rarity in this day and age.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 7:28pm   #15

Joined Oct 2003
Okay, okay so GI are really great and their exceptional service is delightful and rare.

Now can we please progress the debate?

Heehee...

Old May 24, 2004, 7:24pm   #16
Joined May 2004
I have found both the Elder books the most useful of all the books I have read. I love the psychological aspect and found his break down of chart patterns and indicators very useful. He also explains in detail his own indicators which are very useful. His Triple Screen trading system is a good basis for designing your own system, but it needs tweaking I think to make it work for each stock. Come into My Trading Room follows on from Trading For a Living and I think it would be well worthwhile getting both. Plus get the work books/study guides that go along with them.

His approach has changed over the last 11 or so years, and he actually encourages you to go out and find the style that suites you best and develop your own trading system instead of picking ready made systems. I think his books are very clear and insightful.

As an aside... I always order my investment books from Amazon they have a huge selection in stock and they arive within a few days. Brilliant! Infact, thats reminded me... I think I'll order that swinging trader book I've had my eye on!
pkfryer is offline   Reply With Quote