'The Naked Trader' - opinions?

This is a discussion on 'The Naked Trader' - opinions? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Do I really have to spell this out for you? It was Wednesday when he told you he bought RPC ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:20pm   #17

8 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Re: 'The Naked Trader' - opinions?

Do I really have to spell this out for you?

It was Wednesday when he told you he bought RPC at 240.

On Wednesday, RPC was 264!

How do you know he bought it at 240?

Do yourself a favour, check all the buys he says he has made. You will find that in every single case, the share price went up imediately after he says he bought it and before he tells people he bought it!

I can't afford to fight a libel case so I won't call him a liar but not even Warren Buffet gets it right every time!
JohnTurnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:28pm   #18
Joined Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTurnbull View Post

Do yourself a favour, check all the buys he says he has made. You will find that in every single case, the share price went up imediately after he says he bought it and before he tells people he bought it!

I can't afford to fight a libel case so I won't call him a liar but not even Warren Buffet gets it right every time!
well you personally don't have to believe him...
but I believe in his methods and over the last year or so it's done me very well...!
I suggest you try reading his first book.
leonarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:55pm   #19
Joined Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTurnbull View Post

actually, you think about it! he holds these stocks for several months typically, check his trades log, so what happens in the first 2 days is of no real importance! it could dive on day 3! Look at his records, plenty of large wins, and numerous small losses.

I can understand it's easy to be sceptical of guys with websites like these, but he's just trying to educate people, as well as sell his seminar and book of course! His website isn't one of those make 1000% in a month phonies... His ways won't suit everyone, but his methods do work if you understand it and apply it correctly. I really do suggest reading his first book, if medium term stock trading is your thing. It's a lot better read than his spread betting book.
leonarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:23pm   #20

1 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Naked Trader always trades in the past....we all be millionaires if we could do THAT

NAKED TRADER always trades in the PAST....we would all be millionaires if we could do THAT?

Does he only really make money out of his courses....like everyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_dynamic View Post
Hey,

I'm in the process of reading as much as I can about shares etc, with the aim to use them as a 'more effective savings account' than anything a bank can give me (i.e. I don't have dreams of 'doubling up overnight' or becoming a millionaire playing the markets).

A member on the MoneySavingExpert forum suggested the 'Naked Trader' book as a good introduction (he suggests the ADVFN site and a couple of other resources) and I was wondering whether anyone had any opinions on, er, well his opinions?

It seems that everyone has different ways of doing it (and a lot of the time 'everyone but them is wrong') so I'm trying to get a balanced a picture as possible. Any advice would be gratefully received!

Adam
NOtoEURO is offline   Reply With Quote