Essentials Of 'New to Trading'

This is a discussion on Essentials Of 'New to Trading' within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Cutting losing trades early and letting profitable trades run, or determining when a fresh trend is underway and then riding ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 15, 2017, 11:52am   #73
Joined Apr 2017
Cutting losing trades early and letting profitable trades run, or determining when a fresh trend is underway and then riding the trend.These are not edges or an edge ,they are trading skills and trade execution skills.

The main edge in achieving the above edges is your mental edge to execute your edge.Traders have zero edge , unless you have a mental edge .All your illusionary edges are worth zero , if you can't execute your edge.

Private traders need a mental edge to be able to execute trade correctly .This is the difficult part , the mental edge.

The edges are present before any trade is placed on the system /method .The stock indices have upward biases , it is an edge and forex edge depends on expected interest rates movements , both these are instrument edges.

An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening over another.Mark Douglas

The stock indices give you an edge , there is a higher probability of one thing happening over another ,there is higher probability of stock indices going higher.

I have given you an srgument of what an edge is , I have also duplicated the content here in this post .This is my concluding post.All other posts can be deleted /cleared.
Attached Thumbnails
triple.jpg  
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:18pm   #74

1 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Message for timsk

Hello,

I just registered yesterday and not reading the Essentials of 'New to Trading.'

I think this forum and website is a great resource and since I have that opinion I wanted to let you know there's a typo on the last line in the paragraph, "BUT IT ISN'T EASY." the word is 'word' rather than 'work.'

Hope it's okay to point it out.
Kugio
Kugio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:04am   #75
Joined Sep 2017
Certain skills and attributes a trader should have which will help you in your quest, you may already have some of the skills but the others you would require to develop. 5 important trading attributes that a trader should have, be it swing traders or position traders are as follows:
• Self-discipline And Hardwork
• Have a control on your emotions
• Ego & Humility
• Conduct A Thorough Research
• Be Aware Of Opinion- Specially Your Own
hedgedequity is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:41pm   #76

1 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
happy to start

Am traders, am happy to be part of the system, unfortunately it being day 1 of this great journey l kindly request one who can teach me for a better success, my mail robinaurah@gmail.com
robinaurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:48am   #77

2 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Hey, thanks for the post found a lot of things here very useful
eddypaper is offline   Reply With Quote