Beginner course for Swing trading

This is a discussion on Beginner course for Swing trading within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally posted by tomorton Can be a bit scarey though, as at present, when I am long since 60 points ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 4, 2004, 9:49pm   #9

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by tomorton
Can be a bit scarey though, as at present, when I am long since 60 points above where we are now on the FTSE100. Incidentally, I suspect pure Rivallandists would have gone long today (late this afternoon) at 4392+, yesterday's high. Their stop-loss would be 4357, yesterday's low.
Tomorton

The UKX made a swing low on 14 January before giving a continuation buy signal and resuming the uptrend. When it crashed down through that swing low the trend turned to down - so anyone following Gann / Rivalland could now only be short or flat in this index.

The CAC, DAX and DJI have yet to give a sell signal by breaking their most recent swing lows, though none of them has put in an 'up' day today.

beartrap
beartrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2004, 12:20pm   #10
Joined Feb 2002
Hi beartrap

I see you are right - short or flat it should be.

Thomas has a short attention span - could do better....
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2004, 6:53am   #11
Naz

Joined Sep 2001
Think about doing a beginners course,run by a trader, that is 1-2-1 tuition for under 400.One that shows examples on a live market.Like the one that T2W run on the home page of this site.Thats my tip,because i run it!
Naz is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2004, 7:41am   #12
Joined Dec 2003
Scotty,
Reading your post I don't think you are ready for either real or paper trading. Read more first definitely. How confident do you feel about reading charts? Do you know what order to read timeframes in? Do you know which timeframe you should be using for the trade that you want to take? Can you read price action?

Even though at times you will feel you are reading stuff that will not be useful still read it and there will come a time when you can just discard most of it,but in doing so you will understand why you don't need it. That is an important point to get to.At that point your charts will look a lot less like spaghetti junction and will become a great deal easier for you to read.

Forget Champion Trader and similar fluff courses they can teach you nothing that you cannot get for free. The fact that you don't know that is the indicator of where you are at with trading at this time and why I suggest read and read more.

PATIENCE at this point will save you a lot of money.

When you are ready to jump forward to trading then arguably you might want to take a course. Personally I would not take any online courses . If you have the funds I would go for individual tuition that way if the bugger doesn't deliver he has no where to run to and no one to hide behind if you follow my drift.

Use these BB and others and do a search on key trading words. A year ago if I had not done what I am now suggesting you do I would have been slaughtered and a lot poorer. Unless you are so old you are struggling to hold up the weight of your pension book then you have time so use it.

Use the web. Amazing what you can get it here and it is FREE.

Cheers