beginners course

This is a discussion on beginners course within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi, I'm new to the site but have so far found it very helpful. I am looking for a decent ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 22, 2003, 7:07pm   #1
Joined Dec 2003
beginners course

Hi,

I'm new to the site but have so far found it very helpful. I am looking for a decent course on trading, I have seen many on the web but feel very sceptical about 90% of them.

I have seen one that I think may be good and I was wondering if anyone had heard of it?

It is from FTS and the founder is Peter Hall. The course is a stock market essentials and they also do a charting course which looks quite good.

Has anyone heard if this is any good?

Also, is there any other courses out there that would be better for a beginner?

Many thanks
nheath100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 7:11pm   #2
Joined Oct 2003
PLEASE DO NOT GO ON ANY COURSE RUN BY DARREN WINTERS!

EVER!
MCGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 7:15pm   #3
Joined Oct 2003
Lol!

Actually I know someone called Peter Hall who lost all his life savings on the stock market-im pretty sure it aint the same guy though!

I think general consensus is that anyone who is knocking there guts out trying to sell you there award winnings systems is a dirty rotten lying scoundrel because theyd be spending there time trading otherwise
Old Dec 22, 2003, 7:47pm   #4

Joined Jun 2002
Donot go on any course what so ever.. Most coaches are the rejects from the market who are looking for their victims outside the market..

Stick to this BB .. there is a huge amount of info here that will help you ..

regards
Grey1 is offline Commercial chat room   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 8:04pm   #5
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
nheath100,

I will send you a private message concerning this.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2003, 12:14pm   #6
Joined Dec 2003
nheath100 started this thread Thanks for the replies. I think you have made up my mind, maybe I will just trawl through this site and find out as much info as I can, aswell as paper trading. Thanks again!
nheath100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2003, 12:30pm   #7

Joined Nov 2002
Do the search with word URL and you will get results of the real knowledge on this site.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 12:57pm   #8

Joined Dec 2003
Osho,

What do you mean??

Neph
Nephin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2003, 3:43pm   #9

Joined Nov 2002
Neph

There are hundreds of links mentioned in various posts and i think these links are a valuable source of knowledge.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 7:05pm   #10
Joined Oct 2003
This is the best place to find anything out worthwhile on trading. Period.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 7:24pm   #11

Joined Jan 2003
if anyone's interested, Finspreads have just sent out their yearly news roundup to clients and have stated they intend to take their FREE London-based seminar program "up and down the country".
clients are asked to email their interest and venue suggestion to training@finspreads.com.
I believe a guy called Sandy Jadeja may be running the seminars. He has attracted some comment on this site. [try a search on his name, or "finspreads"].
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:28am   #12

Joined Nov 2002
I see trade 2 win are offering a discount on the City Index seminar on jan 30... (seen as fins have been mentioned)

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/events/event.php?id=148

I don't think Mr Locke does many seminars

Cheers a320
a320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 1:09am   #13

Joined Sep 2001
That looks an interesting seminar - I think I'll go to that one.

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 1:23pm   #14

Joined Nov 2002
Nice post Mr Charts

It should create some controversy as per usual

Take it easy

CJ
a320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2003, 11:04am   #15

Joined Jul 2002
nheath100

Can I make a suggestion?

I think you should go to the free seminars that CMC, Finspreads, IG and City are throwing? As I said they are free, and as far as I know there are no alterior motives except for the obvious one of trying to get you to sign up as a client.

I run the risk of advertising here, but I hope this site by know realise that I am not bothered who you trade with. I run a free seminar at work, so PM me if you are interested. I run through some basic and advanced material. I am writing some new material at the moment because I got so many comments about it being too complex. I get many there who are not even clients. Its an offer for you to learn from someone who lives and breahtes the market all day every day.

The problem that I have nheath100 is that although I or any trader can teach you the basic ( and the advanced) I can't teach you to pull the trigger.

The basic books on trading, you know the really heavy books like Edward and McGee etc, contain everything you will ever need to know to make a good life in the trading arena IN THEORY, but trading is not a theoretical profession.

The way I learned to execute was two-fold. It was through a lot of practise, practise, practise ( NOT paper trading because I needed to feel the psychological pressure as well ) and then back testing.

By back testing I mean that I purchased a lot of intra-day data and went through the days one by one, drawing lines and making notes of wave length and duration.

Of course it all depends on what kind of trader you are, short-term or longer term? Only you can answer that question.

Good luck

Sunseeker
SUNSEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote