beginners course

This is a discussion on beginners course within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Here are a couple of quotes from Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (pages 233-235) that anyone thinking about signing up ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 21, 2004, 12:06am   #41
Joined Nov 2001
Here are a couple of quotes from Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (pages 233-235) that anyone thinking about signing up for one of Darren Winter’s or Vince Stanzione’s so called “trading seminars” ought to take a good hard look at:

“On the other hand there is profit in studying the human factors – the ease with which human beings believe what it pleases them to believe; and how they allow themselves – indeed, urge themselves – to be influenced by their cupidity or by the dollar cost of the average man’s carelessness.”

“The principles of successful stock speculation are based on the supposition that people will continue in the future to make the mistakes that they have made in the past.”

Here’s another quotation, allegedly made by the head of a firm of Management Consultants: “Our clients are fools and it’s our job to relieve them of it as quickly as possible”. Perhaps, he was thinking of a mission statement that would be suitable for a company who’s main line of business was the marketing and selling of “trading seminars”?

HTH

Cheers

Mayfly
Old Jan 21, 2004, 11:33pm   #42

Joined Nov 2003
Just for the record my 2 fave books are Winspreads and Power Spike. Both advertised horribly as get rich quick and wouldn't appeal to the scam busters here, but they do have great merit and are simple. If you're nice to me I might post the details or even pdf copies of the books

Jane
jslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2004, 7:17pm   #43
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Jane,

You will be infringing copyright if you do so you are best not to do so.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 9:15am   #44
Naz

Joined Sep 2001
I run the t2w beginners course on the homepage of this website.It only takes a maximum of two people and most times that is normally one.Part of the fee goes to maintaining this site so we can all continue to enjoy its offerings.

I mention it because this thread is about beginners courses.The difference with the t2w beginners course is that the skills taught are demonstrated on a live market.Which puts me on the line every time i run one.

Naz
Naz is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 3:24pm   #45

3 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Anyone heard of "The Way To Trade" by John Piper? Is it an interesting read? The $60 price tag seems steep (especially for an e-Book format)
jcgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 3:50pm   #46

Joined Nov 2000
There's a thread here on the John Piper book:

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/sh...&threadid=7217
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote