Hi Newbie

This is a discussion on Hi Newbie within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi T2W Forum I am new to investing, a friend, an investor send me a link to this forum. Currently ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 24, 2009, 4:23pm   #1

4 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Hi Newbie

Hi T2W Forum

I am new to investing, a friend, an investor send me a link to this forum. Currently I have a practice paper trading account. I really would like to develop my knowledge in all aspects of investing.

There is just so much to learn and I am going to enjoy these forums with like minded members.

Jadestar
Jadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2009, 5:58pm   #2
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Hi Jadestar,
Welcome to T2W!
You'll soon discover - if you haven't done so already - that T2W is a forum devoted to trading as opposed to investing. So, the focus is fairly short term, holding positions intra-day to a few weeks or, at best, a few months at a time. Most traders use Technical Analysis (TA) as their primary decision making tool. If you're wanting a forum to discuss investing, where Fundamental Analysis (FA) tends to dominate the criteria for stock selection, then you might find a sight like Fool.com: Stock Investing Advice | Stock Research serves your needs and reflects your interest better.
Either way, best of luck.
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:55pm   #3

4 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Jadestar started this thread Hi Tim

I did not fully investigate the forums, the investor friend of mine suggested I look at this particular site. Basically, I just jumped in and posted. I am focusing on moving averages and in particular 30-week MA and 50-week MA. So if you can suggest any threads then that will be great.

Tim, I hope you was not being cheeky with regards to that website you recommended

Jadestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Hi Jadestar,
Welcome to T2W!
You'll soon discover - if you haven't done so already - that T2W is a forum devoted to trading as opposed to investing. So, the focus is fairly short term, holding positions intra-day to a few weeks or, at best, a few months at a time. Most traders use Technical Analysis (TA) as their primary decision making tool. If you're wanting a forum to discuss investing, where Fundamental Analysis (FA) tends to dominate the criteria for stock selection, then you might find a sight like Fool.com: Stock Investing Advice | Stock Research serves your needs and reflects your interest better.
Either way, best of luck.
Tim.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:47pm   #4
Joined Aug 2009
Hello Jadestar. Good luck. We will both learn here
FrankP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 10:45pm   #5
Joined Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadestar View Post
There is just so much to learn and I am going to enjoy these forums with like minded members.
True...do you have enough patience to learn it all?
Bizkine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:27am   #6
Joined Jun 2009
He's not being cheeky about that site, that's the Motley fool. They're a site for fundamental investors. morningstar.com and zacks.com are also very good. I reccomend zacks.
joe4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:15pm   #7

4 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Jadestar started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankP View Post
Hello Jadestar. Good luck. We will both learn here
Thanks Frank, nice to hear the word learn and I'm a absolute novice. The technical jargon associated with TA is doing my head in, but I am determined to learn.

Jadestar
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:21pm   #8

4 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Jadestar started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe4422 View Post
He's not being cheeky about that site, that's the Motley fool. They're a site for fundamental investors. morningstar.com and zacks.com are also very good. I reccomend zacks.
Thanks Joe, for your input and I will have a peek at those sites suggested. I really need to focus on Technical Analysis.

Jadestar