Historical minute-by-minute data of DJIA online, text format?

This is a discussion on Historical minute-by-minute data of DJIA online, text format? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; There are many places online to look at historical graphs of the DJIA, but I haven't found any that offer ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:34am   #1

1 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Historical minute-by-minute data of DJIA online, text format?

There are many places online to look at historical graphs of the DJIA, but I haven't found any that offer the data (1) in text format (pictures and tables won't do) and (2) historical minute by minute.

Optimally I would like to see data going back to at least 1997, but back to 2005 or so might be good enough. Any ideas on where I could find this for free?

It just has to be available in text format somehow. It could even be split up on multiple webpages with other content on it; it doesn't need to be in a standalone text file or anything, because it wouldn't be too hard to extract the raw data from the pages automatically.

A similar thread a few months ago suggested MetaTrader, but I can only get it to show graphs, not text.

Thanks in advance.
poiuyt9361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:47pm   #2

3 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiuyt9361 View Post
There are many places online to look at historical graphs of the DJIA, but I haven't found any that offer the data (1) in text format (pictures and tables won't do) and (2) historical minute by minute.

Optimally I would like to see data going back to at least 1997, but back to 2005 or so might be good enough. Any ideas on where I could find this for free?

It just has to be available in text format somehow. It could even be split up on multiple webpages with other content on it; it doesn't need to be in a standalone text file or anything, because it wouldn't be too hard to extract the raw data from the pages automatically.

A similar thread a few months ago suggested MetaTrader, but I can only get it to show graphs, not text.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Did you ever manage to find some historical Dow data?
dirtigroovz is offline   Reply With Quote