How do you select your trades and other advice please

This is a discussion on How do you select your trades and other advice please within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Halfbut I must be a novice! - I thought FA and TA were referring to a wierd type of alcohol ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 19, 2003, 9:04pm   #51

Joined Jun 2003
Gordon8 started this thread Halfbut

I must be a novice! - I thought FA and TA were referring to a wierd type of alcohol for a short while there!

Anyway - I am concentrating on Technical Analysis for a while. I started reading Martin Pring's INtro to Technical Analysis, which comes with a CD. Its taking a while because I keep dropping off - Poor Martin is clearly brilliant at his stuff but he is dry as an old fossil. Still if I manage to get through it, I think it will be very useful.

I think that truly understanding the significance of different MA, trend lines, support and resistance lines and volume are vital and I am concentrating on these areas

Bringing in more than a tiny smidgen of FA is way too confusing for me, for now and I am using it to a tiny degree. I have now decided to count FA as a next chapter in my learning, not to be mastered till I can half read a chart correctly!

Personally the more I read, the more I realise I don't know - this is making me extremely cautious but maybe that is a good thing.

I find this chat room far more useful than the books I've read as its much more friendly, interesting and I can ask questions!

Anyway keep me posted on how you are doing and I hope you are doing better than me!

Alex
Gordon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2003, 9:15pm   #52

Joined Jun 2003
Gordon8 started this thread Frugi

What helpful advice - Thanks

I have just closed my account with Tradindex and moved my funds to Deal4Free but I havn't dared place a bet as yet due to being a wimp and rather nervous of their 'award winning' software!!

I will try to get time to learn the Deal4 free software this weekend but I feel quite scared of trading right now. I do hope I am not getting Traders block this early on in my career but my feeling is that if I don't feel confident about trading then don't do it!

Thanks again for all your advice - Anything else you can think of to tell me will be gratefully received

Alexandra
Gordon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2003, 9:21am   #53
mma
Joined Aug 2003
Mada ,

May I ask - do you tend to get stopped out a lot ?
mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2003, 9:40am   #54
Joined Mar 2001
mama

I'm using a much modified version of PLDOT from Drummond geometry. This gives very good entries and I have a 3 minute chart with the same point entries as a 1 minute for confirmation..

I'm running about 65% winners and so yes quite a bit but for minimal losses. On swing trades my risk/reward ratio is around 3.5:1 ...

http://www.tedtick.com/Introductiont...ndGeometry.doc
madasafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 5:48pm   #55
Joined Aug 2008
how do you select your traders and other advice please

thanks alot for this thread it helps me alot in gathering many new infromation.
lovely patrica is offline   Reply With Quote