Instant Execution

This is a discussion on Instant Execution within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; I want to trade the dow( cash ), not futures, on a daily basis. I dont want to use an ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 21, 2003, 6:39pm   #1
Joined Jul 2003
Instant Execution

I want to trade the dow( cash ), not futures, on a daily basis. I dont want to use an SB firm for obvious reasons so the alternative seems to be IB. Would this be possible, if so is there a type of trading platform where i can input my own settings( until changed ) i.e. amount/tick and stop losses etc so that at a click of a key the trade is instant. Cheers, Peedee.
peedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2003, 6:45pm   #2

Joined Dec 2001
You cannot trade the Dow cash period. The options are thus futures, CFDs or Spreadbets.

JonnyT
Old Aug 21, 2003, 6:57pm   #3
Joined Jul 2003
peedee started this thread Right, its just that ive got real time volume charts for the Dow and i feel pretty comfortable with them. Can i get real time volume charts for Dow futures, and will they be of the same quality of what i am using now. Cheers, Peedee.
Old Aug 21, 2003, 6:59pm   #4
Joined Dec 2002
Peedee I'm not being funny, but havent u asked this question about a million times already?

As Jonny says, you can either SB the Dow cash and have a spread of between 5-11 points depending on broker, or you can trade Dow (YM) Futures via a direct access broker like IB : the mini Dow (so called because of the $5 contract size) offers typically a 1-2 tick spread, and stops etc wherever you choose.

i.e., a $5 future contract bought at, say 9400 and sold at 9420 would net you 20 x $5 less commission and of course you will pay tax on this, which you won't pay on a SB.

Edit :

And yes, you can get realtime charts for Dow futures.

For advertising issues ONLY please email advertising (at) trade2win.com
rossored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2003, 7:19pm   #5
Joined Jul 2003
peedee started this thread Rossored, at least i know people read my threads and take note, thanks for the reply mate, i did have a slight smirk on my face when putting this one on, but to be perfectly honest i dont know where to go into what i want to do( if you know what i mean ). Ill explain, the volume charts i get are good( Market Volume, US ) not a plug by the way, i can get a really accurate indication of where the market is going, but its not futures. Ive been using Trade Index for my paper trading so going from one site to another wipes stupid amounts of time off your trade, thus the title of the thread. Volume charts, instant trades and i may improve. Sorry to ask the question over and over again you never know i may ask it again( in peruvian though so people dont know who it is ). Cheers mate, Peedee.
Old Aug 21, 2003, 7:28pm   #6

Joined Dec 2001
Volume IMHO is a waste of time. Sorry I cannot help you further.

JonnyT
Old Aug 21, 2003, 7:37pm   #7
Joined Jul 2003
peedee started this thread JonnyT, whats IMHO. Cheers, Peedee.