Who knows CMC?

This is a discussion on Who knows CMC? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by mcai4sh3 Little Mog - could you point us in the right direction to these better tools??? Thanks ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 12, 2009, 12:04pm   #8

Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcai4sh3 View Post
Little Mog - could you point us in the right direction to these better tools???

Thanks
There's so much out there - I might not know all of them, you can start by browsing the software section of the forums here. Many other brokers offer better platforms imvho, such as tradestation. Ninjatrader's also worth a look. I have heard a lot about Interactive Brokers, though they might not suit a new guy starting out.

I have stuck with eSignals' EOD service for a bit, before branching out to write my own charts (I'm a developer by profession). Sierracharts is also a good tool to start with, according to a friend but I haven't really give it a go. For FX many have said Metatrader's a good bet. If you also employ stats frequently and have some programming background, you might also want to give R a go.

I believe some of these tools might charge some nominal fee of 30-40 bucks per month for the data but I feel if you tried it and it frees you to focus more on your analysis and trading, it's a pitisome fee to pay. You could still stick with CMC if you want, which I assume might be the platform you're on given you posted here but up till last month, I just wasn't impressed with MM. Maybe they might upgrade it in future but so far, it's not really intuitive or extensible compared to a more dedicated tool or a broker with a more dedicated platform.

All in all, if CMC's MM works for you though, stick with it for executing your trades. But I don't think it hurts to take a look elsewhere for charting and analysis software.

My little 2 cents.
Old May 14, 2009, 2:38am   #9
Joined Nov 2008
the cmc threads in the spread betting forum are all full of negitive reviews, i was gona sign up with them but from the reviews they look like fruads. people have reported positions closing and opening themselves in many of the cmc threads here.
Old May 15, 2009, 8:18pm   #10
Joined Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetHero View Post
the cmc threads in the spread betting forum are all full of negitive reviews, i was gona sign up with them but from the reviews they look like fruads. people have reported positions closing and opening themselves in many of the cmc threads here.
don't believe a word of it personally

most of those posters you mention on here believe Harry Potter is real and are mullered on special brew by market open - they couldn't see their own hand in triplicate in front of their face(s)
theSheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 8:38pm   #11

Joined Oct 2008
cmc is total gash

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 8:43am   #12
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSheik View Post
don't believe a word of it personally

most of those posters you mention on here believe Harry Potter is real and are mullered on special brew by market open - they couldn't see their own hand in triplicate in front of their face(s)
so cmc is working fine for you?

what are you trading with them? cfds or spread bets
Old May 16, 2009, 9:08am   #13

Joined Apr 2004
cmc is fine for longer term trading styles, dont go anywhere near them if you trying to trade several times a day with tight stops and small targets.

They lost a lot of clients when they switched their charts from prorealtime to an in house charting packageand thats when I stopped using them as well.

I think IG use the prorealtime charts, very clear and easy to use.
Vaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 6:33pm   #14
Joined Nov 2008
well GFT is so far the best ive tried.