Yeah, but why though....?

This is a discussion on Yeah, but why though....? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by mr.marcus I couldn't agree more with the sentiments frugi and CV. After many years of searching for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 2, 2009, 3:17pm   #33

Joined Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.marcus View Post
I couldn't agree more with the sentiments frugi and CV. After many years of searching for the "whys" and "hows", and having missed many prime opportunities because of the need to "know" every detail ,I decided to review my trading over the last few weeks and strip it down to KISS. This for me has also become a matter of a few well placed levels,trendlines, and very obvious price action. For this I lso would like to thank Trader Dante and Wasp in particular who have always fought for absolute simplicity; apologies to others who also champion this principle who I haven't mentioned.

Ultimately these changes have led to less mental angst and consequentially freed time and energy which I have now reassigned to other creative endeavours outside of trading which i neglected for years. I am personally a lot happier in myself for "letting it all go".Those who saw my ramblings as superfluous, I can only say you were right and apologise.
Continued success to you all.
Now, now,... "a few well placed levels,trendlines, and very obvious price action. "...

Coming from the person who made most fun of all the "simple traders" out there who couldn't get a grasp of "intent", that's quite the statement. Just two months ago you were still up on that mountain looking down on us:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.marcus View Post
...in the meantime may your trendlines bring you all the prosperity and happiness you wish for....with love as always ...mark j.
Guess it's positive you finally found your way to the light eh!
firewalker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 3:45pm   #34
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
FW people change...they have revelations at different times and in different orders...and I suspect mr m has had one of these revelations of a different kind...quite unrelated to trading perhaps.....and after further introspection, it's possible that this has lead to a change in the way he operates his trading activities.

Then again I could be way off base !

You on the other hand seem to think all of this is about competing against each other...points scoring.

Try focussing on competing in the market...and not against others here at T2W.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 3:49pm   #35

Joined Aug 2003
wasp started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Try focussing on competing in the market...
No competing in the market place, the things just a cash register!

Its like sitting an exam with the teachers answers page...
wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: counter_violent
Old May 2, 2009, 3:56pm   #36
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp View Post

I think of it as my personal ATM.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
Old May 2, 2009, 3:56pm   #37

Joined Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp View Post

Yeah -one has to wonder- if you know you'll have the teacher's answers page for every upcoming exam, why the hell change your approach and spent time studying the charts, sorry books
Old May 2, 2009, 4:00pm   #38

Joined Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugi View Post
What looks flat, neat and blindingly blatant on 4H is likely to look scary - only to those that allow it to become scary of course - on a 5m. Plus that is a generous GY chart ... often, as I'm sure you know far better than me, the devious little lady overshoots both ways just sufficiently to trap the unwary, again only if they let her.
The 1 minute looks even more scary. How anyone can trade this with tight stops, is beyond me.
Attached Thumbnails
gjstops.gif  
Old May 2, 2009, 4:09pm   #39

Joined Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
You on the other hand seem to think all of this is about competing against each other...points scoring.

Try focussing on competing in the market...and not against others here at T2W.
I don't compete nor fight in the market, I jump along the train that offers me the fastest ride to my destination, without having to pay first class price.

It's all in the mind c_v, it's not about points scoring. You're on about "flexible thinking...marry nothing!" but you're blind for any other approach or method...

Plenty of irony in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
irony.jpg  

Last edited by firewalker99; May 2, 2009 at 4:19pm.
Old May 2, 2009, 4:17pm   #40

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewalker99 View Post
It's all in the mind c_v, it's not about points scoring. You're on about "flexible thinking...marry nothing!" but you're blind for any other approach or method...

Bingo .....there is only One correct approach and method....my method I own it...everything else is just plain wrong.

Plenty of irony in this thread.

By the bucket load.

Kin Dissers Everywhere