Yeah, but why though....?

This is a discussion on Yeah, but why though....? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Ok...here comes the sexy metapwhoar... The big money, is Godzilla, and we're loud mouth New York taxi drivers. All we ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 1, 2009, 11:54am   #17
 
Hotch's Avatar
Joined Jul 2008
Ok...here comes the sexy metapwhoar...

The big money, is Godzilla, and we're loud mouth New York taxi drivers. All we do is follow the big ****ing lizard.

IT'S NOT HARD.

What is hard, is for aforementioned lizard, to skulk off to new jersey without us noticing what he's up to by the giant footprints (T.A.)

Fin
__________________
I'm just the guy that never tried, I'm just the stupid **** with brilliant luck and sometimes a bright idea.
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: trendie
Old May 1, 2009, 12:11pm   #18
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp View Post
Do you never think...

Double bottom possibility here... Whats really going on?

or, is it just...

Double bottom possibility here... ker-ching!



Maybe I'm on the wrong website?
What's really going on? You have just spotted a DB, along with a million other people, and so everyone piles in.

So many watch TA these days that they make these patterns happen.

Suggestion: The first bottom minus x points makes the stop and as so many people believe that these patterns are gospel, they buy in for the bounce.

This is all mass dealing. There is no other way to trade, except watch for some point on the chart and draw a stop position some distance away from it.

Besides, you have had a journal, just think of all the followers you have had .

Split
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 12:16pm   #19
 
Hotch's Avatar
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
What's really going on? You have just spotted a DB, along with a million other people, and so everyone piles in.

So many watch TA these days that they make these patterns happen.

Suggestion: The first bottom minus x points makes the stop and as so many people believe that these patterns are gospel, they buy in for the bounce.

This is all mass dealing. There is no other way to trade, except watch for some point on the chart and draw a stop position some distance away from it.

Besides, you have had a journal, just think of all the followers you have had .

Split
From what I've seen in the big banks, their traders don't use T.A. However this may just be because they don't need charts, and still acknowledge double tops just be "remembering" where it's been etc. Dunno. Not that your point isn't valid, just something intriguing.
__________________
I'm just the guy that never tried, I'm just the stupid **** with brilliant luck and sometimes a bright idea.
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 12:35pm   #20
Joined Apr 2008
Rofl hotch, love the sig:

"Hotch: Showing that Chatzy's /flipcoin function is a better trader then you since March 09"

put linkage on it.
KillPhil08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 12:55pm   #21
 
Hotch's Avatar
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillPhil08 View Post
Rofl hotch, love the sig:

"Hotch: Showing that Chatzy's /flipcoin function is a better trader then you since March 09"

put linkage on it.
That sounds like a lot of effort.
__________________
I'm just the guy that never tried, I'm just the stupid **** with brilliant luck and sometimes a bright idea.
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 1:10pm   #22
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotch View Post
From what I've seen in the big banks, their traders don't use T.A. However this may just be because they don't need charts, and still acknowledge double tops just be "remembering" where it's been etc. Dunno. Not that your point isn't valid, just something intriguing.
Not so sure, Hotch, I have an idea that analysts might well use charts for their timing, even though they may have gone into in-depth research of the fundamentals.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 1:13pm   #23
 
Hotch's Avatar
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
Not so sure, Hotch, I have an idea that analysts might well use charts for their timing, even though they may have gone into in-depth research of the fundamentals.
I wasn't saying they were all about the fundamentals, just that they don't use much charting. Lloyds doesn't trade much I'll admit, but they have 1 guy who uses charts and he's an economist. Was just saying that I don't think they read charts, but rather just know where the S&R is by watching the ticker all day.
__________________
I'm just the guy that never tried, I'm just the stupid **** with brilliant luck and sometimes a bright idea.
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 1:59pm   #24
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotch View Post
I wasn't saying they were all about the fundamentals, just that they don't use much charting. Lloyds doesn't trade much I'll admit, but they have 1 guy who uses charts and he's an economist. Was just saying that I don't think they read charts, but rather just know where the S&R is by watching the ticker all day.
Point taken, but wouldn't you say that, whether it's tape reading or chart reading, it's much the same. They are all basing their decisions on price relative to what it was before, or pivot points, the difference being that chartists need a chart to see the same thing, probably because their memory is not as good, or because they are looking at more instruments.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cable - Yeah Baby! *JDR* Forex 1 Mar 3, 2008 2:14pm
50bps cut - yeah baby!!! RichieE General Trading Chat 18 Feb 1, 2008 11:54am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)