Training Help Please

This is a discussion on Training Help Please within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi there I am very new to trading and have been looking at some training of a sort. I have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:10pm   #1

8 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Training Help Please

Hi there

I am very new to trading and have been looking at some training of a sort. I have found a company called Pro-Trader (there website is that and a dot co sot uk on the end) what seems interesting here is that he shows proof of real earnings from trading himself on his site with statements etc, i also had a long telephone conversation with him and he seems pretty competent if not convincing. But still, it costs about 1000+vat so i really want to know if anybody has heard or used them before, if so whats the feedback? do you think its a waste of time/money? Could you suggest what else i could try?

Thanks
SP
s.parsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:03pm   #2

Joined Jan 2004
most of what you need is on this site,very few mentors are worth the money,most spread betting firms or data feed comps give basic free training seminars.Post a link to the site and we can all look. Does he teach you in real time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnAsdQiGzs
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:09pm   #3

8 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
s.parsad started this thread Thanks for the advice, yes apparently he does the training in real time. here is the site Professional Trader - London based courses and spread betting systems for trading Forex, Futures and Commodities. - i would be very grateful for your feedback

SP
Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:12pm   #4

8 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
s.parsad started this thread p.s not sure why the URL above looks like a hyperlink - once again its www. pro-trader .co.uk
Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:25pm   #5

Joined Jan 2004
I wouldnt be paying a grand for that,it doesnt look like he trades live,why not ask him to call out 10 trades and see how he gets on this can easily be done in any chat room.He wont do it and his accounts could easily be made up.If you are just starting spend a couple of months reading through this site and attending free seminars or chat rooms.Do this untill you understand what is out there.There are many sharks dressed up as lambs. Some of the most respected names fall into this category.There are some that will be able to help and wont charge that much.Look through the posts on this site in the training section but dont waste money. I like the bit about turning $400 into $200,000,000. Do you believe it,or do you just want to believe it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnAsdQiGzs
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:14pm   #6

Joined Nov 2008
when you look at his statement his name is at the top, then google his name and you get...............

Gay Police Association (GPA) - Devon & Cornwall Constabualry

A sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to our steps as we walk the tightrope of life!

Every day of your life is a page of your history!
minime69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:19pm   #7

8 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
s.parsad started this thread Thanks for the advise, and no i dont believe that bit. I am really keen to start learning but there is so much to take in so i started researching training courses. What i found was there are alot of web based training courses which seem to promise the earth but nothing realistic, when i came across pro-trader it seemed a little less false because he had a fixed business address, mobile number etc and the course was 1 to 1 but yeah i still agree - some pretty outrageous claims! Can you recommend any free seminars worth attending? I will also take your advise and ask him to call out 10 trades and see if he will put his money where his mouth is.