free seminar

This is a discussion on free seminar within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; anyone been on the deal4free seminars?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 5, 2003, 3:32am   #1

Joined Feb 2003
Question free seminar

anyone been on the deal4free seminars?
money123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2003, 6:15am   #2

Joined Nov 2002
I've been on a couple in their London HQ.

They have an 'intro to spreadbetting' seminar which is just a general overview. It's good for asking questions and speaking to the traders to understand exactly how things work.

They also do a technical analysis seminar. The guy who presented it (can't remember his name, but he was their chief Technical Analyst) obviously knew his stuff, but was one of the worst presenters I have ever come across. It was fairly standard TA stuff - trendlines, fib etc. You can get his daily charts off their website.

cheers

mmillar

p.s. they feed and water you after the seminar which is very nice of them, and I got a golf umbrella so all in all a good deal for a free evening.

Last edited by mmillar; Apr 5, 2003 at 7:20am.
mmillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2003, 1:42pm   #3

Joined Feb 2003
money123 started this thread thnx
money123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2003, 9:22am   #4

Joined Mar 2003
Hi

I also went to a technical analysis seminar at Deal4free. It was the first seminar that their Technical Analyst (Steve Hatton?) had given, and he managed to get through all of the basic stuff, but ran out of time and so never got around to the more detailed stuff. It was OK, but I don't think I learnt anything much that you cant get out of a good book. It was kind of interesting to see their office though and to be able to ask questions about how they do things, and to meet a few other traders.
waytogo is offline   Reply With Quote