I am looking to take some course

This is a discussion on I am looking to take some course within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Does anyone know some good trading courses? I believe most of them are just scams, but there may be a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 2, 2008, 2:02pm   #1
Joined Nov 2008
I am looking to take some course

Does anyone know some good trading courses? I believe most of them are just scams, but there may be a few good ones?
zehua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 5:33pm   #2
Joined Apr 2006
Read and study the AHG thread on elitetrader. It's free and one of the best info I found on the web.
rverheyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 5:55pm   #3

Joined Jul 2007
I don't think it's so much that they are scams, but they are just teaching you what you can learn on Traderpedia above. I've seen DVD recordings of a couple of them and read reviews. It's largely tech analysis and they do the obligatory 20 minutes on discipline. You need to find a decent mentor who can cultivate your skills.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 6:02pm   #4

Joined Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rverheyen View Post
Read and study the AHG thread on elitetrader. It's free and one of the best info I found on the web.
Link, please?
Old Nov 2, 2008, 8:18pm   #5

2 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
I am a newbie to this forum and to FOREX. One source I found very useful was babypips.com they have a free course that has a lot of good information for someone totally unfamiliar with the FOREX market.
whyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 8:59pm   #6
Joined Nov 2008
zehua started this thread OK. Thanks. Do you know anything about Dick Diamond's 4 day course? I saw that from elliotwave.com. Is there anyway to buy the DVDs? I think that should be cheaper than the live course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
I don't think it's so much that they are scams, but they are just teaching you what you can learn on Traderpedia above. I've seen DVD recordings of a couple of them and read reviews. It's largely tech analysis and they do the obligatory 20 minutes on discipline. You need to find a decent mentor who can cultivate your skills.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:08pm   #7
Joined Nov 2008
zehua started this thread Thanks! I did some google search and found that. It is really simple. I think I would try out with a demo account!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverheyen View Post