Joe Ross, Trading Educators

This is a discussion on Joe Ross, Trading Educators within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hello, I'm new to this forum and would like to know if anyone has taken the Joe Ross Day Trading ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:00pm   #1
 
1 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Joe Ross, Trading Educators

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and would like to know if anyone has taken the Joe Ross Day Trading Online Video Seminar or attended any of his seminars recently, i.e., as of October 23, 2008; if so, I would appreciate your honest assessment. I'm trying to determine whether his methodologies are still relevant today and how successful anyone is using them.

Thanks for taking the time to respond back.

Rocky
rocky121703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2008, 7:35am   #2
Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky121703 View Post
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and would like to know if anyone has taken the Joe Ross Day Trading Online Video Seminar or attended any of his seminars recently, i.e., as of October 23, 2008; if so, I would appreciate your honest assessment. I'm trying to determine whether his methodologies are still relevant today and how successful anyone is using them.

Thanks for taking the time to respond back.

Rocky
I have never taken any of Joe Ross courses, but then I don't need to; his Ross Hook still works, as it is one of my favourite entry strategies, specially when combined with Bollinger Bands.
A few years ago Ross sent a trading manual of some 31 chapters via the net on a forthnightly basis, that is, a chapter per two weeks.
That's where I learnt about the Ross Hook and The Law of Charts.
His others products are not cheap, so I would expect the same about his seminars.
Hope this helps.

Eduardo.
ZEPPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2008, 8:50am   #3
 
Doncol's Avatar
 
8 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
If you want to read his ebook rather (than his Video Online) you can go to here:
Indo-Investasi.Com • View forum - Forex E-book - Forums Investasi Indonesia - Forex | Index | Securities
(Reg FREE !)

you can Download all the Joe Ross Concept Trading not Joe Ross, everybody concept trading you can find from there...Enjoy...
Doncol is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:25pm   #4
Joined Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky121703 View Post
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and would like to know if anyone has taken the Joe Ross Day Trading Online Video Seminar or attended any of his seminars recently, i.e., as of October 23, 2008; if so, I would appreciate your honest assessment. I'm trying to determine whether his methodologies are still relevant today and how successful anyone is using them.

Thanks for taking the time to respond back.

Rocky
i havent attended any Guru Joe Ross seminar but i believe that he is a sincere teacher who wants to help traders.
fakhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 4:07pm   #5
 
egro1egro's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
Ross Hooks and the law of charts look very mechanical and simplistic(if not primitive) tools. Therefore, it should be fairly easy to test automatically? And automaticall I tested them. Backtesting results were not encouraging. Looks more like ...hm... randomly profitable. Perhaps, somebody modified it in a profitable way. But then - why do you need Ross? Take any random signal/indicator and modify it in a way to make profitable.

Also, given a randomly generated chart I can still recognise hooks, congestions, trends, retracements.

Of course, things might be completely different on his seminars, but judging from what I've got I would expect just more talk.
Going on a seminar to get an "eye-opener" is naive at best. There isn't any objective criteria to see immediately whether a system works or not right in the classroom with your own eyes. You need statistical tests to distinguish between noise and signal, but Ross is no help in this.

Ross doesn't seem to know math/statistics/probability/signal processing/econometrics etc... I don't think trading can be done without proper statistical testing. But then you would need confidence intervals, error estimates etc...
Surely, it is very tempting to just give up your job and hope to manually on a hunch trade your way out.

Trading has to move from subjective to objective and Ross's material is childish in my view.
egro1egro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2008, 11:30am   #6
Joined Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by egro1egro View Post
Ross Hooks and the law of charts look very mechanical and simplistic(if not primitive) tools. Therefore, it should be fairly easy to test automatically? And automaticall I tested them. Backtesting results were not encouraging. Looks more like ...hm... randomly profitable. Perhaps, somebody modified it in a profitable way. But then - why do you need Ross? Take any random signal/indicator and modify it in a way to make profitable.

Also, given a randomly generated chart I can still recognise hooks, congestions, trends, retracements.

Of course, things might be completely different on his seminars, but judging from what I've got I would expect just more talk.
Going on a seminar to get an "eye-opener" is naive at best. There isn't any objective criteria to see immediately whether a system works or not right in the classroom with your own eyes. You need statistical tests to distinguish between noise and signal, but Ross is no help in this.

Ross doesn't seem to know math/statistics/probability/signal processing/econometrics etc... I don't think trading can be done without proper statistical testing. But then you would need confidence intervals, error estimates etc...
Surely, it is very tempting to just give up your job and hope to manually on a hunch trade your way out.

Trading has to move from subjective to objective and Ross's material is childish in my view.
I respect your views but things are not completely what you think. I myself studied Ross' material and now am feeling better. i am a profitable trader because of him. I watch only bar chart nothing else. Through chart i get idea about market. Anyway if you want to ask something i am here.

Thanks
Fakhar
fakhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2008, 6:25pm   #7
 
egro1egro's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
What exactly did you study and how do you use it?
egro1egro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2008, 10:03pm   #8
Joined Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by egro1egro View Post
What exactly did you study and how do you use it?
I have studied 30min, 15min and 5 min charts and i mostly trade them. There is not one rule fits for all contracts so i have different timeframes for different contracts.

Thanks
fakhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:26pm   #9
 
egro1egro's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
I meant, what Ross's materials did you study, what technique from them are you using and how?

Joe always says: buy this book and it will change your life, you spend $$$ on a book but think how much will you earn after that!

So, my understanding of this (with all the necesary disclaimers about risk and trading and blah, blah, blah...): I buy a book, read it, start using the method described and money should pour into my account. And the only skill I will need to acquire after that is just precise and disciplined execution.

Am I wrong in my assumptions?
egro1egro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 1:07pm   #10
Joined Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by egro1egro View Post
Joe always says: buy this book and it will change your life, you spend $$$ on a book but think how much will you earn after that!
Pure marketing drivel.
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 1:15pm   #11
 
egro1egro's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by anley View Post
Pure marketing drivel.
There is one good Russian saying "you said A, then say B!".
egro1egro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:03pm   #12
Joined Apr 2008
I meant, what Ross's materials did you study, what technique from them are you using and how?

I studied his book '' Day Trading ". I am not using any of his techniques in my trading. I have discovered my own.
Joe always says: buy this book and it will change your life, you spend $$$ on a book but think how much will you earn after that!

So, my understanding of this (with all the necesary disclaimers about risk and trading and blah, blah, blah...): I buy a book, read it, start using the method described and money should pour into my account. And the only skill I will need to acquire after that is just precise and disciplined execution.

Am I wrong in my assumptions?[/QUOTE]

Just not execution. He didnt mention any method in his book but he asked his reader to discover what is fit for him. There is a law. There is a pattern of the market. You have to know it and then discover your timeframe in which you are comfortable.
fakhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:19pm   #13
 
egro1egro's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
Then how do you define "he helped me to become profitable"?

So, you cannot say that his patterns work. Can anybody say that they work?

Any reason to buy a book other than to obtain information?
egro1egro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 4:06pm   #14
Joined Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by egro1egro View Post

Any reason to buy a book other than to obtain information?
Yes, according the the author 'if you buy my book it will change your life'.
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 4:12pm   #15
Joined Apr 2008
definitly it changed my life. I understood '' The Law of Chart'' and it is helping me a lot. anyways if you guys dont agree, i dont mind. If you are successful in your trading then dont try anything else. keep stick with it.
fakhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Joe Ross Trading Seminar & Course FTSE Beater Educational Resources 113 Jan 28, 2009 1:51pm
Joe Ross Spread Trading Newsletter cd173 General Trading Chat 5 Feb 7, 2008 11:18am
Trading Tips - The Trade Decision / by Joe Ross Joe Ross First Steps 0 Feb 9, 2005 5:10pm
Natural Order Educators hiah Educational Resources 3 Apr 30, 2004 4:43pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)