Futex vs Schneider

This is a discussion on Futex vs Schneider within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; so worried he posted 3 times fwiw no one will expect a normal trader to do 6am-10pm at the office, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:38pm   #99

Joined Jan 2007
Re: Futex vs Schneider

so worried he posted 3 times

fwiw no one will expect a normal trader to do 6am-10pm at the office, maybe a trainee would.... but I will often submit orders once I get up at sometime well before 5am and even now I'm "trading" from my laptop, in that I have resting orders and will be alerted if any of them trade... but I'm not actually watching the market or trading really. Sometimes I'll balance things at 6pm and 9pm.

Then again, I can trade from home if I want to (and very often do). I mostly go into the office because otherwise I could easily end up sitting in the flat all day then getting paralytic at night, and dying in 5 years time...

Tomorrow I will be in the office at 6:30am. Because Tuesday is cleaning day and I want to avoid looking my cleaner in the eye.
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.

Last edited by arabianights; Dec 13, 2010 at 6:43pm.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:50pm   #100

Joined Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianights View Post
...then getting paralytic at night, and dying in 5 years time...
Problem?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:52pm   #101

Joined Jan 2007

P.S. Regarding the CV concerns, yes, they're right. But that's because they don't understand what we* do... and to the extent they do, although they'd never admit it, they'd wonder why would leave such a world of FREEDOM to work with them as a corporate drone... the only reasons, really, are family (and employers hate family) - or more likely, you're a crap trader... which presumably makes you less likely to be able to do what they do than the man on the street. Bayes' theorem you see

*I want to stress I'm not @ Schneider. By "we" I mean arcade/prop traders.
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:52pm   #102

Joined May 2009

Quote:
Tomorrow I will be in the office at 6:30am. Because Tuesday is cleaning day and I want to avoid looking my cleaner in the eye.
LOL !!

I'm concerned about you, Arabian.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:59pm   #103

Joined Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1986 View Post
LOL !!

I'm concerned about you, Arabian.
I've always been... well it varies from "disgusting" (practical ex) to "other worldly and not as worried as others about niceties" (wonderful grandmother)... what can I say?

Even worse, I had to cancel my cleaning session last week. I've got a 2 bedroom flat and they have to be here for 4 hours to sort it on a normal week so god knows what it'll be tomorrow...

On the plus side I've recently been learning to put things in the bin rather than the floor or other horizontal surfaces. I have almost a 50% success rate with this.

Edit: Interesting point though. I'm embarrassed about my behaviour to the extent I've still not met my cleaner -after over a year... yet not enough to have reformed all that much.

Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:19pm   #104

Joined May 2009

Quote:
I've always been... well it varies from "disgusting" (practical ex) to "other worldly and not as worried as others about niceties" (wonderful grandmother)... what can I say?

Even worse, I had to cancel my cleaning session last week. I've got a 2 bedroom flat and they have to be here for 4 hours to sort it on a normal week so god knows what it'll be tomorrow...

On the plus side I've recently been learning to put things in the bin rather than the floor or other horizontal surfaces. I have almost a 50% success rate with this.

Edit: Interesting point though. I'm embarrassed about my behaviour to the extent I've still not met my cleaner -after over a year... yet not enough to have reformed all that much.
When I went to London a several months ago, people often referred to a "flat" when conversing. I must admit, at that time, I hadn't the faintest clue as to what they were talking about, only to eventually realize that it's lingo for "apartment".

Perhaps it's common for traders to be throwing things around wherever there isn't a garbage bin:

Case in point 1:

Case in point 2:
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:19pm   #105

9 Posts
Joined Dec 2010

I wanted to ask, but they said 'one question only'...
damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb325 View Post
I can't believe you've been accepted and yet have no idea what you're in for lol, and you're surprised at 6am-10pm days??? Why didn't you ask them these questions during the recruitment process?
alimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote