who's the best brokerage firm

This is a discussion on who's the best brokerage firm within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; what firm allows me to invest the largest percentage for a margin account. i recently learned that you only have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:44am   #1

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
who's the best brokerage firm

what firm allows me to invest the largest percentage for a margin account. i recently learned that you only have access to the money you sale on a stock after 3 days. they only let you trade 20% or something like that. i want to trade all of it. also if the brokerage firm lets me buy gold and silver too that would help. maybe even foreign stocks and foreign currencies. so what firm let's you trade the largest percentage of your portfolio.
kylefoley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:32pm   #2
Joined Jun 2007
Re: who's the best brokerage firm

Hi Kylefoley76 best way to do this is to have several brokerage accounts. Even professionals have more than on account. this is another argument but relevant here. find a Non Dealing Desk Broker. go to google and write Non Dealing Desk Brokers. good luck. Warm Regards lill2 xxxx
lilli2 is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:03pm   #3

3 Posts
Joined Sep 2011

Why is it better to have a broker who does not take a counter-position in trades to their clients?
varunk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:54am   #4
Joined Jul 2012

If you want to trade all of it (not wise in the first place but heyho) then go for a broker with guarunteed stops as they only require margin up to the stoploss. Hence you can have 100% of your capital in one trade but it's still not a credit accunt so you cannot get into debt.
forexanalyst is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote