How Do DayTraders Make Money in the Futures Market?

This is a discussion on How Do DayTraders Make Money in the Futures Market? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by neil Trader= Dante's information on profitable trading is FREE - no indicators required. You newbies read his ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 22, 2009, 2:02am   #51
Joined Aug 2008
Dante, I'll challenge you daytrading ....

mechanicaldaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
Trader= Dante's information on profitable trading is FREE - no indicators required.
You newbies read his posts - it takes time -then practice. All it costs you is time and determination.
copied from Dante's profile....

Preferred Trading Methodology
Break Outs, Candlesticks, Chart Patterns, Contrarian, Price Action, Retracements, Reversals, Technical Analysis

so, Dante, just WHAT is wrong with what I teach? Are you intolerant of others Dante? Or are you just RECKLESS with your words....

This is an outline of what I teach....

What is so controversial about what I teach Dante???

Preferred Trading Software (A-O)
CQG ----------- according to Calypso here at T2W, the COST of this platform is $600 PER MONTH (US) !! ....

Preferred Trading Style
Day Trader, Swing Trader, Position Trader

sounds like Dante is covering ALL his bases...he's not sure which one works?

I don't put anyone down that does well or tries to help others, whether they charge one cent or they do it free. It seems Dante has helped a lot of people...so why is Dante so quick to put others down and why does he purposely misrepresent what I do?

Can't you just be happy Dante and count all the money you make over the weekend??

Like the title says, I'll challenge Dante to a daytrading competition just like I previously posted challenging another poster that purposely misrepresents what I publish...highest avg # of points per futures contract wins, you pick the best day during any week - I'll do the same. (I am frequently on vacation or have other stuff going, but I'm game to trade during a week of your choice),

Same conditions as the other post specifies.

The Mechanical Day Trader

Last edited by mechanicaldaytrader; Mar 22, 2009 at 2:10am.
mechanicaldaytrader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2009, 4:19am   #52
Joined Aug 2008
Quote:
Trader= Dante's information on profitable trading is FREE - no indicators required.
You newbies read his posts - it takes time -then practice. All it costs you is time and determination.
If you had the decency to actually check my website out, you would know that I offer online TONS OF FREE STUFF...here are the links below...so, whether you are a client or not, EVERYONE can profit from tons of FREE trading scenarios WITH ACTUAL CHARTING.

Market Psychology
Ten Core Ideas of Trading Psychology FREE

Changing Yourself As A Trader FREE

What Are You Doing Between Trades? FREE

Three Common Mistakes I'm Hearing From Traders

=========== REAL WORLD TRADING SCENARIOS BELOW -- UMMM....FREE ! =====

Granted, the newest, latest and greatest of what I have is NOT shown, but there is tons of stuff below that can give a newbie or an experienced trader that wants to upgrade what they know some great ideas.

830 MINI DOW POINTS PROFIT SHOWN IN ONE DAY VIA ONE MINUTE METHODOLOGY - STREAMING VIDEO ---ummmm...did I say it was FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ??? ....I even give some of the TRADING RULES via narration during this video...did I say..for FREE ???

Market Opens FREE

One Minute Methodology FREE

One Minute Methodology Case Study Quiz ------ FREE

October 1st One Minute Methodology Trades FREE

Globex Cycles & the Trades You Should Take Advantage Of FREE

Downtrend Reversal Trades FREE

Uptrend Reversal Trades FREE

Some of you guys need to get off your high horse and actually look around..you MIGHT learn something...

mechanicaldaytrader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:43pm   #53

Joined Nov 2001
I see your feathers are ruffled when someone points people to free information

Dante's stuff is still free....your advertising leads people to the below hype.
You do display a VENDOR tag....you could go to the commercial systems thread and "out" yourself as a seller of trading sytems.

DayRaider 2.0 Software License for 1 year ------- $2,400

Renewal Prices are locked in at the price you started and can never increase/ Clients must complete the Fundamentals of Futures Trading course ($500) before becoming a subscriber to DayRaider 2.0 .
Old Mar 22, 2009, 2:40pm   #54
Joined Aug 2008
Quote:
I see your feathers are ruffled when someone points people to free information

Dante's stuff is still free....your advertising leads people to the below hype.
You do display a VENDOR tag....
...and you got caught misrepresenting and ignoring what I present.....

what is a "sytems" ?? ...(again, debunked..I teach and offer a methodology that's now 90% mechanical -- version 2.2).

..don't forget to mention that subscription prices are increasing 50% after March and more than doubling after April.

This thread is called HOW DO DAYTRADERS MAKE MONEY IN THE FUTURES MARKET. I started it. Clearly I accurately represented myself. Dante & Neil are not helping others make $ in this thread, so move on, pollute another thread. Sour Puss posters DON'T help you make $$$ in the futures market.

Now, Neil, ol buddy, if you offered some HELPFUL advice to other traders about my streaming videos or my FREE posts in my Forum that would be respected. I am always open to constructive input...We don't need another Sour Puss here.

Same daytrading challenge to you Neil...pick your best day during a week of your choice and email me your statement - call me ahead of time and I'll have mine ready as well - you'll get mine seconds after I get yours.

Thanks Aussie for your honest post about your experiences as a subscriber - I know you'll do well this coming week and even better when 2.2 is released!

Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:24pm   #55

Joined Feb 2004
wtf is going on here then, prepare for some deletions my mechanical friend!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:39pm   #56
Joined Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
wtf is going on here then, prepare for some deletions my mechanical friend!
how interesting...I sent a reply via PM to the moderator .....scratch that...I sent the moderator a email directly - I await the Moderator's response.

Last edited by mechanicaldaytrader; Mar 22, 2009 at 3:50pm. Reason: hhmmmmmm
Old Mar 22, 2009, 4:02pm   #57

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicaldaytrader View Post
...I sent the moderator a email directly - I await the Moderator's response.

You'll be waiting some time then, as no message received here yet.

edit: I have your mail and will reply in full after I have edited the thread.

Last edited by Lightning McQueen; Mar 22, 2009 at 4:12pm. Reason: received email @ 14:06
Lightning McQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2009, 4:14pm   #58
Joined Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
You'll be waiting some time then, as no message received here yet
it's now been sent 3 times successfully, because the server refreshed properly after each time. There doesn't seem to be a sent folder that I can find in my profile to verify I sent it (with a time/date stamp) so you might have to get out the pliers and screwdriver on your server to fix something cuz they're sent...When I sent a PM, the screen didn't refresh.

Otherwise, you can send me a PM or email and I should be able to reply. My email asks 5 specific questions regarding this thread. Or send a email to my gmail account and I can reply with a copy of what I previously sent.

thx,

The Mechanical Day Trader.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 4:16pm   #59

Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicaldaytrader View Post
how interesting...I sent a reply via PM to the moderator .....scratch that...I sent the moderator a email directly - I await the Moderator's response.

Dantes post wasnt bad or vindictive I dont see ya problem. He actually posts some real interesting stuff and well respected on here. As long as you trying to sell something on here you will get criticised apart from the fact its free advertising. Guess my turn to get shouted at lol. (Better defend me Tom!!)

Happy mothers day

Claudia
Claudia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2009, 4:36pm   #60
Joined Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_dante View Post
I hate to spoil the party but I sit with consitently profitable daytraders in the futures market and they don't make money looking at a handful of indicators and moving averages.
I don't teach that..I teach about institutional stops; however, after recognizing an institutional stop, you can definitely qualify the oversold or overbought condition with indicators. Anyone that disagrees with that, imo, is not a technical trader. They would be classified in my book as a fundmentals trader. Dante refers himself as a position trader - they don't use technicals in the manner that I do.

Quote:
They make money by examining the order flow, identifying what the algos and other locals are doing by reading the ladder and picking off the other, unsuccessful traders that don't know what they are doing.
sounds like scalping...I want 80% or more of the whole trend. There are several good videos on YouTube showing technicals that catch decent trading moves. Anyone that disagrees with that doesn't have credibility in my book. Live and let live - traders have the right to trade differently.

Quote:
I am not saying your method doesn't work - but lets not make the mistake of thinking that day traders at banks and prop firms are following anything like you show...because for the most part they are not.
yes you are.

Quote:
I've seen many traders come in with "systems" - even ones that allow for the element of discretion. And none of them have made any money consistently.
have I made any type of claim similar to the above? I am strictly speaking of HOW TO do it. Again, Dante doesn't take any particular post I write and rebut it; merely uses generalities. Be specific.

Quote:
As for the refund if its not profitable...well, will people ever admit they weren't profitable and claim for the refund? Probably not. Also, there are usually 100 get out clauses. You weren't following the rules. You weren't at your computer when the signals were given. etc etc
The current guarantee is pretty specific and easily proven to any client - furthermore, Kindergarten Trading Rules are easily shown, I even have a Windows Media movie I show to Fundamentals graduates to see if they can handle the next step. No specific comment is made regarding the guarantee on the website, merely FALSE generalities ("100 get out clauses"). Ok, Dante, list them. I want all 100.

Quote:
I saw in a post above you said something about making 150 pips on 4/5 days. I presume this is measured in pips per contract. As in: If you do do 50 pips on a 3 lot thats 150 pips. Because taking 150 pips PER CONTRACT on 4/5 days is not easy and I really am a doubter that any mechanical system can do it.
I don't trade pips Dante. Re-read what I wrote - every aspect of the above is false.

Quote:
Just my 2 cents. Not trying to bring it down. Just my thoughts and something to think about for the newbs.
Yes, you ARE trying to bring it down. It rocks your world, I guess. "Just my thoughts" is just that...no facts, just false generalities.

Daytraders need to be accurate...A LOT..in their perception of reality, else they get it wrong. I invite Dante to reread my thread and quote specifics and be 100% accurate in what I write. THERE IS NO OTHER STANDARD in my trading or view of the MIni Dow. I set the standard pretty dang high for me and my clients.

Breakfast is almost on the table...it's summer here in Costa Rica and absolutely beautiful...unless someone writes something really outrageous this thread is ignored for the balance of this month, have a nice rest of the month everyone..got to go out and play then plenty of work to do the rest of the month.