Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

This is a discussion on Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Keith-H In response to your question Richard; well, I am fairly new to the system myself and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 2, 2009, 4:47pm   #57
Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-H View Post
In response to your question Richard; well, I am fairly new to the system myself and therefore I'm still navigating my way around it all. In short, I am no expert. Indeed, I've only just started paper/virtual trading, so I still have an 'open' (maybe still slightly cynical] mind on the whole thing.

I would, however, be interested to hear from other Flag-Traders regarding your point. But as far as I'm concerned, the system does appear to do a lot more than simply identify the quantum of trading volume prior to flag formations. I guess the only way you can find out for sure though, and completely satisfy yourself, is to sign-up for the 30-day - guaranteed money back - trial period. If you're serious, then this should be ample time for discovery.

FWIW, I have not come across any opinions - not even one bad word, that dis-credits Guy C, or his systems. I do think, therefore, that he's a genuine bloke.

Good luck

KEITH
Hi Keith-H,
Thanks for your fast reply, I have to admit that I too have looked and failed to find any negative comment re Guy or his systems. So, I am leaning more to the idea of taking a look at Guy’s FT system. However, I believe that the 30 day trail would only allow me to evaluate the quality of the training and software. My understanding is that it would take a number of months of live trading to seriously evaluate the worth of any system.
Out of interest what’s your current hit rate (No of trades won to trades opened - excluding untriggered trades) with FT?

Richard
stevensri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2009, 5:28pm   #58
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensri View Post
Out of interest what’s your current hit rate (No of trades won to trades opened - excluding untriggered trades) with FT?
Richard
Okay Richard - It's prolly still too early for me to answer you question with any conviction, as my paper trades are all only a few days into the action. But provisionally this is how they look:

Bear Flags (4 x US): All four trades have been triggered and filled; all of them are now heading in the right direction (downwards). None have yet hit my first chosen profit target.

Bull Flags (3 x US): Two have just passed up through the trigger point, and continue to head north. Again, both have yet to hit my first profit-taking target. The third closed on Fri-30 @ 1830 points; gapped open this afternoon @ 1766 pts - then went to a low of 1708 pts - now @ 1748 pts. So this trade hasn't yet hit my chosen entry (trigger) point of 1938 pts.

BUT as I'm such a newbie to both FT (and this forum), you really do need to seek opinion & confirmation from others here - so come-on chaps! .. eh?!
Keith-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:26am   #59
Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-H View Post
Okay Richard - It's prolly still too early for me to answer you question with any conviction, as my paper trades are all only a few days into the action. But provisionally this is how they look:

Bear Flags (4 x US): All four trades have been triggered and filled; all of them are now heading in the right direction (downwards). None have yet hit my first chosen profit target.

Bull Flags (3 x US): Two have just passed up through the trigger point, and continue to head north. Again, both have yet to hit my first profit-taking target. The third closed on Fri-30 @ 1830 points; gapped open this afternoon @ 1766 pts - then went to a low of 1708 pts - now @ 1748 pts. So this trade hasn't yet hit my chosen entry (trigger) point of 1938 pts.

BUT as I'm such a newbie to both FT (and this forum), you really do need to seek opinion & confirmation from others here - so come-on chaps! .. eh?!
Hi Keith-H,
Thanks again for your fast response. Your results to date look very promising – I hope you’ll be able to keep us updated as your evaluation continues. Would be great to get some more input from other FT users but they seem to be very quiet. I am hoping that this is because Guy’s FT is so good they wish to keep the news to themselves.

Out of interest could any FT user comment on how active and useful the FT’s user community is on Guy’s FT site?

Also, anyone know the cost of renewing the subscription for the online part of Guy’s FT system?

Thanks,
Richard
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:12pm   #60

2 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
newbie looking for help

Hi Guys,
I'm new to this forum and have been reading with interest your comments on the flag trading system.
I've been scouting round all over the net to find something that works, although I have come to relalise that there is no "holy grail."
I'm just looking for something that works if you stick to the rules and is not open to to much interpretation or is to ambigious!!!!!!

I've found that once you have to input your own ideas this is were they start to go wrong.

Paul could you give me details of this FTSE system that you mentioned and any updates that you may have on its performance.

Anybody else who knows of any good profitable systems with a good track record please let me know.

The more info we share the better chance we have of finding something worthwhile

Thnaks

Martinl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjchalmers View Post
Hi Guys Im back

Thanks for a lot of private messages asking where I was. Im still trading flag trader and its still going well. I dont think its possible not to. Have been seriously ill so been out of things for a while. Anyway flag trader is going well and I have had many successful trades with only a few losses.

***************************Need to Read This****************************

Had a great opportunity to trial something that isnt even out yet. I was in the right place at the right time and was asked to trial a new trading system. It works a treat and makes on average 20 points a day so a £5 per point is making me £100 per day. It actually compliments flag trader as I find with flag trader its check it once in morning, set any traps you see and wait. This one is sort of intra day trading and is working a treat. They really do well together but this is based on the FTSE. This one is good because the stop loss is very small but the gains are very good. It isnt released yet but it is only going to be sold as a training day with the first one soon. There is no website yet, its that new. If anyone wants more info let me know. I believe the training day price is aimed at normal people expectations not the £3k to £5k ones you see advertised just like the roxy trader one that floating around at the moment. Im using both systems now and its making me a lot of money.

Paul
martinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:10pm   #61

6 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Hey everyone

I'm also new here and am trying locate anyone who’s had any prolonged real time success with flag trader. I haven't used it myself (I currently trade FX) but have reviewed illuminati trader from guy cohen which is his options based system. From what I can see flag trader was born out of illuminati using the tradefinder software to identify and trade continuation patterns on bull and bear flags (a prerequisite for an illuminati set-up) but on spread betting account which is a fair bit simpler than having to calculated options prices etc.

From everything I have read flag trader seems to be a simple and profitable system you can manage outside 9-5 hours which is good for a newbie.

Just to clarify – I thought the illuminati system was very comprehensive and the only reason I didn’t keep it was I just can’t seem to get my head around options! The methodology is sound though.

What I can comment on is my experience with guy himself. After writing an email to the support team regarding the illuminati system guy personally called me himself to answer the question. It was a nice gesture from someone who really didn’t have to take time out of his day to do that. He was as helpful and genuine as they come. I appreciate that I was a client but he must have many.
Anyway back to topic. Everyone still having success trading the flag patterns...?
Many thanks
smudger21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2009, 6:02pm   #62
Joined Sep 2006
Hi

I was looking at trying the FT out but have failed to find answers to some simple questions:

Can I fit this around my work i.e. when do you seek out to trade. If the system spots a trade is it likely that you have to execute that trade there and then or can you set it up to seek out and execute trades when you're not there? Sorry I haven't any experience yet of trading stocks so my questions might seem a bit obvious to some.

Is it US or UK stocks the system targets?

It seems that it is very simple to use but after reading here it sounds like quite a lot to understand or is it quite easy to pick up?

Thanks

Andrew
andys280176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:32pm   #63
Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by andys280176 View Post
Hi

I was looking at trying the FT out but have failed to find answers to some simple questions:

Can I fit this around my work i.e. when do you seek out to trade. If the system spots a trade is it likely that you have to execute that trade there and then or can you set it up to seek out and execute trades when you're not there? Sorry I haven't any experience yet of trading stocks so my questions might seem a bit obvious to some.

Is it US or UK stocks the system targets?

It seems that it is very simple to use but after reading here it sounds like quite a lot to understand or is it quite easy to pick up?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I believe that most if not all your questions can be answered from the Guy’s FT web site at Flag Trader Stock Consolidation Chart Pattern Trading Home If not the web site has contact details for you to post question about the product.

Please note this is not a recommendation or endorsement for any of Guy’s product(s) as I have never used any of them

Richard