Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

This is a discussion on Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi Nordi [UK-JAC] - I'm not sure why you're having problems with the choice of charts, as the TradeFinder™ software ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:12pm   #50
Joined Oct 2008
Hi Nordi [UK-JAC] - I'm not sure why you're having problems with the choice of charts, as the TradeFinder™ software provides automatic links to the relevant:

(a) Yahoo Finance stock chart; and
(b) Prophet.Net stock chart.

In addition FWIW, as back-up, I also check-out the relevant stock chart(s) on IG Index AND StockCharts.com. The only drawback I see with the IG Index charts is that they do not show/indicate the trading volume.

As Guy C suggests, you can also subscribe to TC2000 charting software . Remember that he recommends the 'end-of-day data package' only, at a cost (so he mentions) of around £10 per month, with a 30-day free trial.

My thoughts on FlagTrader: Well, I've spent the last week going through the course. I'm just starting to get-to-grips with the TradeFinder™ software. Yesterday, after I had input my filtering options, the software identified a couple of really decent US bullish stocks. One was an absolute 'sitter' according to all of GC's criteria. But unfortunately I didn't pull-the-trigger, and guess what? .. when the US market opened at 2:30pm [GMT] the stock price just shot up from 1150 ~~> to c. 1600, a whopping-great gain of 450 pts. Wish now, of course, that I had placed a 100 quid on it! ..

So to summarise, thus far I'm quite impressed with FlagTrader ..time will tell, for sure, though. And I agree with you, it's a little disconcerting that you haven't yet received a response to your e-mail enquiries. But perhaps you should, at this stage, just give GC the benefit of the doubt - maybe he's ill .. or summin. Suggest you phone to find out what the score is, eh?

Regards

KEITH

Last edited by Keith-H; Jan 28, 2009 at 8:51pm.
Keith-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 8:35pm   #51
Joined Jan 2007
Hi UK-JAC (Nordi)

Please don’t shoot me for being pedantic but your message shows an incorrectly spelt email link support@flag-tradre.com - even the hidden hyper text is incorrectly spelt as “mailto:support@flag-tradre.com” . Obviously, this may be a simple error and have nothing to do with the lack of a reply but its worth checking your emails are addressed correctly - just in case (correct address is support@flag-trader.com).

There seem to be a number of people with GC’s software systems and I have not seen anyone say they have had anything other than a good response from his support team. Please keep us all up to date as to how you get on with getting a reply from the support team.

Richard
stevensri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:57pm   #52

4 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Hi Guys - I used this thread to help me make my decision on whether to get into flag trader - thought I'd give it a go as I have trialed other offers from Agora (the publishers of Moneyweek) and always got money back no questions asked if I didn't want to go ahead (which I haven't, until now).

I'm very impressed with the course and have just started paper trading. I'll back up the other guys re the simplicity and seems to check out.

I've taken advantage of the free 30 day trial with TC2000 charting software, and Guy gives a run-through of how to set it up exactly like his own copy so it's already familiar to you from his course.

However, I have a tip - I'm also running FREE charting software from Incredible Charts: Home Page where you can import data straight from yahoo finance by prefixing with "y_" e.g. for Google - "y_GOOG". It also shows volumes and any indicators you like. Unless you're planning to try to trade intra-day why spend $30 a month with TC2000?

BTW - PJ - Hats off to you for your coherent and detailed responses for everyones benefit!
Cheers
Chris
Chris_P_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2009, 9:29am   #53
Joined Oct 2008
Chris - Incredible Charts - thanks for the heads-up ..
Old Jan 31, 2009, 9:03pm   #54
Joined Jan 2009
Hi guys

Sorry for delay replying. I use TC2000 charting package. I find it great. There are loads of great flags showing and lots of profits to be had. I use ig all the time and find it great. By the way Guy has been in the US with his girlfriend for the new year so maybe thats the delay. He always responds to me but i dont recognise the email maybe your using the wrong email.
mrptraderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:37pm   #55
Joined Jan 2007
Hi Flag-Trader users,
I don’t have the Secret Flag-Trader system. However, after carefully looking over the non-members FT site I was hoping that those who had the system could confirm that the “Secret” indicator used to identify good flags was not simply the prior rising volume, then falling volume three days earlier shown on video? Thanks.
Richard
stevensri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:08am   #56
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensri View Post
... confirm that the “Secret” indicator used to identify good flags was not simply the prior rising volume, then falling volume three days earlier shown on video? Thanks.
Richard
In response to your question Richard; well, I am fairly new to the system myself and therefore I'm still navigating my way around it all. In short, I am no expert. Indeed, I've only just started paper/virtual trading, so I still have an 'open' (maybe still slightly cynical] mind on the whole thing.

I would, however, be interested to hear from other Flag-Traders regarding your point. But as far as I'm concerned, the system does appear to do a lot more than simply identify the quantum of trading volume prior to flag formations. I guess the only way you can find out for sure though, and completely satisfy yourself, is to sign-up for the 30-day - guaranteed money back - trial period. If you're serious, then this should be ample time for discovery.

FWIW, I have not come across any opinions - not even one bad word, that dis-credits Guy C, or his systems. I do think, therefore, that he's a genuine bloke.

Good luck

KEITH