Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

This is a discussion on Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi I'm interested in the Intraday system that Paul mentions as well. Paul, would you send me some details please/ ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:37am   #169

7 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Hi I'm interested in the Intraday system that Paul mentions as well. Paul, would you send me some details please/ point me in the right direction

Also, on Flagtrader, can anyone tell me where to buy his seminar/buy the system. i can see numerous websites but one of them that all 89 places have been booked. Any info/website would be useful
sasquatch317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 5:04pm   #170

2 Posts
Joined Jan 2010

I bought Flag-Trader at the beginning of September '09 and started virtual trading with it on 11 September.

My first impressions were that the method was easily understandable, logically sound and emotionally manageable. I had emailed Guy Cohen and his team beforehand, and they were enthusiastic but not pushy. The method relies on finding clearly identifiable (or "clean") flag patterns with the software, then following a strict trading plan as taught by Guy.

For each prospective trade, the plan's most important elements are a "breakout" entry point, together with an automatic "stop loss" exit point (if the market moves against you), combined with a two-stage profit taking strategy (if the market moves in your favour). Knowing in advance exactly what action to take at any time, removes the element of emotion from the trading, and the first-stage profit taking effectively turns the trade into a "risk-free" one.

For the first two months I only made a very small profit, and my frustration was echoed by Guy who was commenting on the steep retracements in the markets being counter-productive. This was mildly reassuring as at least I had avoided major losses, and my account had made a slight profit, even in those tough market conditions.

Then in late November I attended Guyís webinar where he introduced a small adjustment to his first-stage profit target. I followed this to the letter, and in the next two months (to Friday 22 January), my profits have soared - even with the markets being choppy.

I have to say I'm impressed, not just because of the method itself, but also because of the fact that Guy is prepared to introduce adjustments in line with the marketís behaviour. Yet he stays completely true to the method.

Iíve also introduced another way of exiting my trades using a combination of the 5 and 12 period Exponential Moving Averages, which seems to work very well in determining the trade's final exit point, and thus the second-stage profit.

Overall I'm very pleased, and I'm managing to be utterly mechanical with it.

J.
jewells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 5:41pm   #171
Joined Feb 2008

Thanks J,
Can you tell me what you mean by 'soared' - i am trying to get a realistic idea if i can, with this system, first of all earn back the cost of the program and cover charting etc , and then make a good profit.. i mean really!.. so difficult to know what 'reviews' are real... ande what kind of return on might expect.. i can only start with about £3K... and are you able to trade just 'end of day'?
hope to hear from you soon
thanks again
D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewells View Post
I bought Flag-Trader at the beginning of September '09 and started virtual trading with it on 11 September.

My first impressions were that the method was easily understandable, logically sound and emotionally manageable. I had emailed Guy Cohen and his team beforehand, and they were enthusiastic but not pushy. The method relies on finding clearly identifiable (or "clean") flag patterns with the software, then following a strict trading plan as taught by Guy.

For each prospective trade, the plan's most important elements are a "breakout" entry point, together with an automatic "stop loss" exit point (if the market moves against you), combined with a two-stage profit taking strategy (if the market moves in your favour). Knowing in advance exactly what action to take at any time, removes the element of emotion from the trading, and the first-stage profit taking effectively turns the trade into a "risk-free" one.

For the first two months I only made a very small profit, and my frustration was echoed by Guy who was commenting on the steep retracements in the markets being counter-productive. This was mildly reassuring as at least I had avoided major losses, and my account had made a slight profit, even in those tough market conditions.

Then in late November I attended Guyís webinar where he introduced a small adjustment to his first-stage profit target. I followed this to the letter, and in the next two months (to Friday 22 January), my profits have soared - even with the markets being choppy.

I have to say I'm impressed, not just because of the method itself, but also because of the fact that Guy is prepared to introduce adjustments in line with the marketís behaviour. Yet he stays completely true to the method.

Iíve also introduced another way of exiting my trades using a combination of the 5 and 12 period Exponential Moving Averages, which seems to work very well in determining the trade's final exit point, and thus the second-stage profit.

Overall I'm very pleased, and I'm managing to be utterly mechanical with it.

J.
duncmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:11pm   #172
Joined Nov 2006
Thumbs up Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncmac View Post
Thanks J,
Can you tell me what you mean by 'soared' - i am trying to get a realistic idea if i can, with this system, first of all earn back the cost of the program and cover charting etc , and then make a good profit.. i mean really!.. so difficult to know what 'reviews' are real... ande what kind of return on might expect.. i can only start with about £3K... and are you able to trade just 'end of day'?
hope to hear from you soon
thanks again
D

Hey D,

I will call myself R in this process... I understand you have asked J a question and I am sure HE (J) will reply shortly.

He will prob write a long lecture to please you and a slight balance of realistic approach to impress you (prob my wild guess,well...). All I am going to ask you is to request for his trading statement which I am sure is not asking for too much if one is willing to help. But but but, I cannot see him coorperating as all those people are GUY himself posing as ... ok u get it...

Everyone, pls stop bothering with Guy Cohen as he simply cannot make it work himself in practice, simple, PERIOD ( ME N EINSTEIN)
leritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:38pm   #173

2 Posts
Joined Jan 2010

Hi Duncmac,
I'm away from home (and the internet) for the next six day. I'll be happy to respond in full to your question when I return from the UK next Sunday. Sorry to keep you waiting, but unfortunately I have no further time at present.
In the meantime, I'll leave our friend from Hayes (perhaps with some much needed help from Einstein), to ponder a little further on the meaning of the two words in the first sentence of my earlier post "virtual trading".
I can confirm to you however, that I am not Guy Cohen, nor am I anyone associated with any of his companies. I simply bought his Flag Trader system, and I've used it in my virtual trading (that's simulated, or paper trading Einstein), every trading day since September 11th. for end of day trading analysis. More when I return.
In the meantime I'll leave the honourable member from Hayes to enjoy his (or should it be her) PERIOD. I'm not a doctor, but I suppose that PMT can produce such attacks of very noticeable skepticism and cynicism - and obviously cases of mistaken identity. Someone needs to learn that what they eventually receive (or not), is simply the fruit of what they believe (or not).
Best regards for now Duncmac, and I'll write again next Sunday.
J.
jewells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:01am   #174
Joined Nov 2006
Thumbs up Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewells View Post
Hi Duncmac,
I'm away from home (and the internet) for the next six day. I'll be happy to respond in full to your question when I return from the UK next Sunday. Sorry to keep you waiting, but unfortunately I have no further time at present.
In the meantime, I'll leave our friend from Hayes (perhaps with some much needed help from Einstein), to ponder a little further on the meaning of the two words in the first sentence of my earlier post "virtual trading".
I can confirm to you however, that I am not Guy Cohen, nor am I anyone associated with any of his companies. I simply bought his Flag Trader system, and I've used it in my virtual trading (that's simulated, or paper trading Einstein), every trading day since September 11th. for end of day trading analysis. More when I return.
In the meantime I'll leave the honourable member from Hayes to enjoy his (or should it be her) PERIOD. I'm not a doctor, but I suppose that PMT can produce such attacks of very noticeable skepticism and cynicism - and obviously cases of mistaken identity. Someone needs to learn that what they eventually receive (or not), is simply the fruit of what they believe (or not).
Best regards for now Duncmac, and I'll write again next Sunday.
J.
HAHHAA

Good EgO massg n boost eh>>>>

Sing in your tune...... "Brinnnnngggg outttt the Staattteementtttt"... (Virtual willl doooo)

Einteinnnnnnn

(Also by the way MR NOT COHEN, dont forget to add your address in your personal details so that all your good friends can also know where you are from)-
leritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:13am   #175
Joined Sep 2009

W****r

Quote:
Originally Posted by leritz View Post
HAHHAA

Good EgO massg n boost eh>>>>

Sing in your tune...... "Brinnnnngggg outttt the Staattteementtttt"... (Virtual willl doooo)

Einteinnnnnnn

(Also by the way MR NOT COHEN, dont forget to add your address in your personal details so that all your good friends can also know where you are from)-
RonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote