Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

This is a discussion on Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Keith-H RIGHT ON Paul and Andrew .. I would like to discuss this aspect in more detail ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:46am   #155
Joined Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-H View Post
RIGHT ON Paul and Andrew ..
I would like to discuss this aspect in more detail privately .. ideally WHEN Guy C eventually gets this promised exclusive forum off-the-ground ..

I just don't think it's appropriate to elaborate further on this subject openly right here in the public domain.

Cheers

KEITH
Hi Keith

As we discussed, we do have the Forum scheduled in by the end of this year. A lot of other chunks of urgent programming are first in the queue though - and you know what software can be like! But I have promised it and will deliver (hopefully on time, barring any software glitches!).

Regards

Guy
guyko21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:47am   #156
Joined Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurTradersOnline View Post
All I can say is having been stung several times on such systems to me they always look a little too good to be true.
Hi AmateurTradersOnline,

For the benefit of others reading this thread, would you list the systems you have been stung on and what were the problems with them? You might help stop somebody else making the same mistake. Thanks.

Regards - Brogden
Brogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:37pm   #157
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogden View Post
Hi AmateurTradersOnline,

For the benefit of others reading this thread, would you list the systems you have been stung on and what were the problems with them? You might help stop somebody else making the same mistake. Thanks.

Regards - Brogden
No Probs

I got stitched on a couple of signal systems when I was first starting out. Truefxsignals.com I found to be a load of Bo***cks and all it did was lose pips. I thought I had learnt my lesson however I saw Forexsignal.com and was suckered in by their shinny dashboard thing which had lights on (ooohh how exciting) this to was useless. If I gave you a tip on a horse you wouldn’t back it so I don’t see why these signal services are any different. Most short cuts to riches are scams and I have found that the money back guarantees are pretty useless as well. You are better of spending your hard earned cash on educational sites rather than golden goose systems and even then you need to be careful.

I also had a little punt on some custom built indicators they to proved to be fairly useless. Sorry if that all comes across as a little cynical, there is good stuff out there on the web just for me anything that claims to make you £££ for 39.99 a month is going to be a con no matter how appealing it may seem. Hope this helps
AmateurTradersOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:46pm   #158
Joined Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurTradersOnline View Post
You are better of spending your hard earned cash on educational sites rather than golden goose systems and even then you need to be careful.
Hi AmateurTradersOnline,

Any recommendations on educational sites then?

Regards - Brogden
Brogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 1:22pm   #159
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogden View Post
Hi AmateurTradersOnline,

Any recommendations on educational sites then?

Regards - Brogden
Fx street is good. It has lots of useful info and there are live webinars from various guest speakers who give lessons. A lot of that is them advertising to join their pages but least you get to see what they are all about first and get the chance to ask some questions with the massive bonus that its free.. I did join FX bootcamp a while ago however only held my subscription for a month. Itís a fairly good service especially if you are new to trading and itís nice to have someone online that you can ask real-time questions to but for me I just didnít get on with their trading style, I got frustrated with it very quickly and its mad expensive.

Babypips.com is also a really good site if you are looking at learning the basics.

I find that I read a lot, I usually check out Amazon for titles but Iíll be honest I end up downloading them for free via torrent or whatever (o well sh*t happens)

I donít take on board everything that I read but one thing that really has helped me is that every time I do come across a strategy or a tip that I like I re write it and stick it labeled in a folder. Then when things unfold in realtime all I got do is flick to it and I got the guidelines/rules laid out clearly. Saves madly scrolling through books and websites and builds a good arsenal of weapons ready to go at your finger tips. I hope all thats useful.

Happy trading
AmateurTradersOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 8:10am   #160

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
I'm a newbie on here but Iíve been a Flag-Trader subscriber since January. Although I personally havenít traded much with it as I'm more into FX, Iíve had a good experience of Flag-Trader and can certainly vouch for Guy Cohen being open and amenable.

Something of a wacky coincidence, I happened to be sitting in the seat in front of him at a conference recently and recognised his voice behind me. I introduced myself and weíve since struck up a good banter (football related of course!) but Iíve also been liberally asking him all sorts of trading questions.

What prompted me to make a post here is that this weekend I asked him specifically what his new indicator, the OVI was saying about the US markets. The OVI isnít yet released officially but here was his response:

ďThe OVI is pointing down, so a break of the low for the last few days is a trade, however, be ultra conservative with your first profit target ...Ē

I have to say I'm impressed that Guy gave me an unambiguous answer, and even more that the answer was right on the money. He also wonít mind me saying that he actually suggested I make the post here too, which I'm very happy to give.

Guyís methods are completely authentic, no question about that. Heís obsessed with improving his applications and I think the OVI looks like a very promising addition to his impressive stable of applications.
Marc City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 1:52pm   #161

2 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjchalmers View Post
Hi All
This can easily with little practice take over from your day job with the financial rewards to whoever wants to do it.
Paul
Your feedback is very interesting, Paul. On your point above, are you confident that the system can produce a reliable long term income stream of decent size? I am working in IT, making an income which most people I think would be pretty happy with. Trouble is, I no longer get any satisfaction from my job, which makes for a miserable life. The thought of doing trading full time has a lot of appeal, but am I being realistic? Getting trading profits tax free obviously helps a lot, but I would want to make typically £1000/week before jacking in my IT job. What do you think?

regards
Nick.
OldNick is offline   Reply With Quote