Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

This is a discussion on Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; i really hate to admit this ,and it causes me much pain .but i have bowed to the logical arguments ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:29am   #331
Joined Jun 2008
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

i really hate to admit this ,and it causes me much pain .but i have bowed to the logical arguments of Pboyles and Pazienza ,and returned my copy of Flag Trader to Guy cohen.
The main reason for me was the website as there was no trading club or contact with other traders to verify trades .scammers or fraudsters keep people in isolation so they cannot find out the real truth about them.
i have no idea whether the system works or not but i had no confidence in the system top try it .
Many thanks to Pboyles and Pazienza for their advice and insights .no hard feelings for the spirited discussion that took place
marco dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:36am   #332
Joined Jan 2011
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco dean View Post
i really hate to admit this ,and it causes me much pain .but i have bowed to the logical arguments of Pboyles and Pazienza ,and returned my copy of Flag Trader to Guy cohen.
The main reason for me was the website as there was no trading club or contact with other traders to verify trades .scammers or fraudsters keep people in isolation so they cannot find out the real truth about them.
i have no idea whether the system works or not but i had no confidence in the system top try it .
Many thanks to Pboyles and Pazienza for their advice and insights .no hard feelings for the spirited discussion that took place
There really is enough information on the web, plus a few good books, to formulate your own approach. The key is gaining enough experience cheaply enough to develop it properly.

It's just a long, hard road and I don't know of any short-cuts.
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:50am   #333
Joined Oct 2006
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco dean View Post
i really hate to admit this ,and it causes me much pain .but i have bowed to the logical arguments of Pboyles and Pazienza ,and returned my copy of Flag Trader to Guy cohen.
The main reason for me was the website as there was no trading club or contact with other traders to verify trades .scammers or fraudsters keep people in isolation so they cannot find out the real truth about them.
i have no idea whether the system works or not but i had no confidence in the system top try it .
Many thanks to Pboyles and Pazienza for their advice and insights .no hard feelings for the spirited discussion that took place

Brave of you to post here rather than just disappearing. Do you now have to ask for a refund or what was the deal?
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pazienza
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:14am   #334
Joined Jun 2008
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

best to admit ones mistakes ,helps one learn faster.as for the refund ,you just send it back and they do not debit your account .
marco dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pazienza
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:40pm   #335
 
6 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazienza View Post
Here is the evidence:

http://www.guycohen.com/uk/darvas-fsp-g-03.aspx

If you need any more evidence than the fact that that is his website, you are an utter mug.
Unfortunately this is NOT evidence that Guy Cohen's Flag Trader system doesn't work. It's just an ad for the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazienza View Post
Alternatively, you could be the type that mysteriously appears in support of some scam vendor, making a first post like the one you've just made, briefly trying to argue in favour of the scam vendor, and then disappearing never to be seen again.
Actually if you read my post again you will see that I am not arguing in favour of Guy Cohen. What I'm asking for is hard evidence to prove if his Flag Trader system actually works or not, something (strangely) that no-one seems to be able to produce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazienza View Post
A member since 2005, and this is your first post?
What exactly do you find funny about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco dean View Post
i really hate to admit this ,and it causes me much pain .but i have bowed to the logical arguments of Pboyles and Pazienza ,and returned my copy of Flag Trader to Guy cohen.
The main reason for me was the website as there was no trading club or contact with other traders to verify trades .scammers or fraudsters keep people in isolation so they cannot find out the real truth about them.
i have no idea whether the system works or not but i had no confidence in the system top try it .
Many thanks to Pboyles and Pazienza for their advice and insights .no hard feelings for the spirited discussion that took place
Sorry to hear you've given up. Personally I didn't find Pboyles' and Pazienza's agruments logical at all. I was hoping you would be one of the first traders to report your findings on how the system actually worked. It is disappointing that there is no forum for Flag Trader users and that raises suspicions with me also.

So come on guys (excuse the phun) give us some real verifiable evidence.
themaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:48pm   #336
Joined Oct 2006
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Get a grip, do you really think he decoded the secret nazi box? Do you still believe in Santa as well?


Quote:
Originally Posted by themaverick View Post
Unfortunately this is NOT evidence that Guy Cohen's Flag Trader system doesn't work. It's just an ad for the system.



Actually if you read my post again you will see that I am not arguing in favour of Guy Cohen. What I'm asking for is hard evidence to prove if his Flag Trader system actually works or not, something (strangely) that no-one seems to be able to produce!


What exactly do you find funny about that?


Sorry to hear you've given up. Personally I didn't find Pboyles' and Pazienza's agruments logical at all. I was hoping you would be one of the first traders to report your findings on how the system actually worked. It is disappointing that there is no forum for Flag Trader users and that raises suspicions with me also.

So come on guys (excuse the phun) give us some real verifiable evidence.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:17am   #337
Joined Jun 2008
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

when i brought flag trader i was under the impression that the private traders club(98 pounds a month)was a place where i would meet other traders. all it was ,was a website with a few testamonials and software to find the trades.
there was no interaction with other traders who have traded this system and therefore i lost confidence and focus.
most successfull trading systems that are available seem to have a live trading room or forum where traders can learn from one another .
marco dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:46am   #338
 
6 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
Get a grip, do you really think he decoded the secret nazi box? Do you still believe in Santa as well?
I don't know if Guy Cohen uncovered the seceret of Nicolas Darvas's box system.

What I want you to show me is PROOF that his Flag Trader system DOESN'T work, or for someone to offer proof that it DOES work.

How many times do I need to spell it out for you???
themaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:33am   #339
Joined Oct 2006
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaverick View Post
I don't know if Guy Cohen uncovered the seceret of Nicolas Darvas's box system.

What I want you to show me is PROOF that his Flag Trader system DOESN'T work, or for someone to offer proof that it DOES work.

How many times do I need to spell it out for you???
...and I want proof that this Nigerian General who e mailed me to help him move some money isnt a scam. So far nobody has been able to PROVE to me that he is going to rip me off but I've also never heard from anybody that got paid by him. Now if I used a bit of common sense I'd know the answer because there are many indicators that it is a scam but I'm not going to do that.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pazienza
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:29pm   #340
 
6 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazienza View Post
How many times do you need it spelling out for you? Either you are very stupid or you are schilling for this chump.

Anything that looks like that is utter, total, unmitigated bullsh1t. If you really need to prove it to yourself, you are a fool that is destined to get conned over and over again until you discover some common sense.
Pazienza, I'm not a fool and thankfully I have never been conned and hope never to be caught out in a scam. That is why I'm trying to do my due diligence on this.

There are a lot of very obvious scams out there and some very well presented ones that do sound plausible. But with the help of the internet you can usually find lots negative information very quickly to set alarm bells ringing. Greg Seckers Knowledge to Action is one example.

But what has intrigued me about Guy Cohen and his Flag Trader system (as pointed out in some other posts on this discussion) is that there is no real negative information about him or his system on the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensri View Post
Hi quantgeek,
Assume you mean GC’s FT / IT systems are scams. As I’ve previously mentioned I’ve had sight of the FT system. I could see no obvious reason to condemn the system as a scam (I know, perhaps I need glasses!). If hard work and effort are put in, following his rules, applying strict money management, trade journaling etc ... I believe that the system could be profitable, for anyone of average intelligence. However, I’m concerned that NO FT owner has ever come back with serious records of their trading success. Also, I personally can’t justify the price of buying the system and its ongoing website costs.

As for the accusation “he has never traded with real money”. I’ve no paper evidence either way. However, my guess would be he has after all he only has to have traded the once, to have traded with real money. Instead, can I offer you the more interesting question I’d like answered. Can he conclusively show he has made consistent money, overtime, live trading his FT system (and not just selling it)?

I’d just like to see some hard facts and figures for once. Otherwise, yes you may well be right and the whole thing just so much scotch mist.

Hummm I must remember to book up for that eye test…
Stevensri, I agree with what you say here and share your concern that no-one has shown any proof of their trading success. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that there is a good trading system out there that does work. But we need verifiable proof.

So I remain open-minded and will keep an eye on this discussion.
themaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:54pm   #341
Joined Jan 2011
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaverick View Post
Pazienza, I'm not a fool...
That you are considering this joker for a second means that you are a fool. That you think you can buy "secret" systems from those ridiculous websites for a few hundred quid means you are a fool.

Go ahead and waste your time looking for evidence, following these discussions etc. Whilst you do you will never make any money out of trading.

NOBODY is going to sell you a golden ticket. You can accept that or keep day-dreaming, your choice.
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:50pm   #342
Joined Oct 2006
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Perhaps better to spend the money and find out for yourself. Then you'll have all the proof you need.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pazienza
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:23pm   #343
Joined Jan 2007
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Do Flags Work?
To add some firmish data, on Flags, into the mix. I’ve re-skimmed Thomas N. Bulkowski's “Encyclopaedia of Chart Patterns”, (John Wiley & Sons, 2000).

Oddly, I’m not considering chapter 14 on “Flags and Pennants”, because TNB doesn’t make use of any breakout criteria when analysing these Flags. This is a key criterion in GCs FT system. The results for F & Ps here while positive were not stunningly so.

Instead I’ve chosen to summarise chapter 15 on “Flags High and Tight”, which has some slightly more relevant results. Here TNB identifies William J. O’Neil in his book “Making Money in Stocks”, (McGraw-Hill, 1988) as a popularizer of the Flag pattern. Using WJO’s criteria as his basis TNB obtained the following outline results against a database of 500 stocks, from 1991-1996:

Flags, High and Tight Found 81
Failure rate (without breakout test) 32%
Failure rate (with breakout test) 17% *1
Successful breakouts 81% *2
Average rise of successful formation 63% *2
Most likely rise 20-30% *2
44% have gains of over 50% *2
33% have gains of over 90% *2
Average formation length 20 days

*1, This includes Flags which produce less than a 5% rise above breakout and then fail.
*2, These sorts of results seem quite positive to me.

Obviously, plenty of caveats should be drawn on the above results not least their age. Also it’d be completely unrealistic to draw a direct comparison between these results and GCs FT system as they both use different selection criteria. Generally GC’s are more refined but allow a lot more Flags to be considered for trade. E.g. Bull and Bear Flags are available for trade.

What I’m trying to draw attention to is the wider implication that Flags may be a useful basis for a successful trading system. I’m not suggesting for one pico-second that this means GC’s FT is worth buying (unless you have money to burn and want to risk buying a short cut no one seems able to show working successfully). However, it does show that GC MAY, just May be on to something.

If flag patterns are still occurring in the market they may be worth developing a system around. Anyone can buy or borrow the above books, read, research, backrest, refine and develop their own trading criteria for almost nothing. My fee for drawing your attention to these results is also cheap, please just PM me your system and results .

Good luck and good hunting.
stevensri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:52pm   #344
 
6 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco dean View Post
i really hate to admit this ,and it causes me much pain .but i have bowed to the logical arguments of Pboyles and Pazienza ,and returned my copy of Flag Trader to Guy cohen.
The main reason for me was the website as there was no trading club or contact with other traders to verify trades .scammers or fraudsters keep people in isolation so they cannot find out the real truth about them.
i have no idea whether the system works or not but i had no confidence in the system top try it .
Many thanks to Pboyles and Pazienza for their advice and insights .no hard feelings for the spirited discussion that took place
Hi marco dean,
I'm curious to know how far you got through the training materials and what you honestly thought of the content. Was the system well explained and easy to follow regardless of your level of experience? Did you make use of the telephone or email support? In your opinion do you think 30 days is enough time to properly evaluate and test the system?
themaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:14pm   #345
 
1 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Re: Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

lol. rofl. lmao. guy cohen is pwning you.
jake_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Illuminati Trader intercreate Trading Systems 8 Sep 28, 2011 1:35pm
The Illuminati Trader System by Gary Coehn himessw First Steps 5 Aug 10, 2008 11:39pm
"Bible of Option Strategies" - Guy Cohen RichieE Educational Resources 1 Feb 4, 2008 2:52pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)