Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

This is a discussion on Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi All, I just finished Guy's DVD "How to Profit from Breakouts Using Options" and would like to put it ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:46pm   #136
 
2 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Guy Cohen DVD For Sale

Hi All,

I just finished Guy's DVD "How to Profit from Breakouts Using Options" and would like to put it for sale.

I bought it from Amazon, for more information:
Amazon.com: How to Profit from Breakouts Using Options: Guy Cohen, Jody Costa: Movies & TV

It is like new condition.
$60.00(shipping incl) OBO.
Payment by Credit Card through Paypal.
I'd apologize to everybody if this is not the right place.

Cheers,
richmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:20pm   #137
Joined Oct 2008
Proposed FT Forum

Hi Everyone - but especially:

- Jchohan (June)
- Pjchalmers (Paul)
- Chris_P_D (Chris)
- Martinl (Martin)
- Andys280176 (Andrew)
- Swisdom
- catpurley (from NY)
- MarciaS (Marcia)
- smudger21

You may be interested to learn that I very recently held quite a lengthy and useful telephone conversation with Guy Cohen. As a result he has agreed, in principle at least, to work on setting-up an exclusive forum for bona fide FlagTraders providing there is sincerity and honesty of intention for all those who participate.

I genuinely think - and so does Guy - that if such a discussion forum is properly supervised and moderated, then it could be hugely beneficial for all concerned. He is a little reluctant at this stage, however, to put a timescale on the forum's establishment - but reading between the lines I don't think it should take too long .. in other words, we're talking probably just a few weeks at most, rather than months.

An interesting chap is our Mr Cohen - and I very much enjoyed our conversation together. Indeed, I found his enthusiasm for FlagTrader (+ his other trading systems) really quite contagious!

In summary, I have a good feeling about this proposed new development ..

Regards

KEITH
Keith-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:08am   #138
 
6 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Keith - Great news.

I look forwarding to hearing progress on this one.
smudger21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:25am   #139
Joined Sep 2006
Hi there

Just to confirm Keith's post.

I'm happy to do this and Keith has kindly offered to moderate and police for us. Ultimately it's a good idea for everyone. Smudger's post on Page 15 here demonstrates how it could work very well as he's made a couple of key observations, which I'm going to assume you're ok with me paraphrasing into my next Flag-Trader blog!

We have a pretty intense development schedule right now with further improvements and supplementary products in the pipeline. Just for one example I've given Keith a glimpse of an indicator I've been developing called the OVI Index. This is an oscillator that is derived from options and volume data, not price data. The correlation with the underlying price is significant but there are numerous occasions where divergence with a price pattern can give a serious edge provided you have the correct entry/exit plan.

Back to the Forum, we have to determine how it will be juxtaposed with with regard to multiple financial sites and a non-trading website that I run for people with serious intestinal issues.

So, in terms of a timeline, I did tell Keith in an email later that we should be able to have the Forum up by the end of the year - hopefully sooner. The process should be straightforward once we've decided on the appropriate forum software for us and where to place it. The delay is purely down to the other commitments that have already been scheduled beforehand.



While writing, here are a couple of the other developments we have scheduled.


1. Live data module for Flag-Trader. We haven't forgotten it and we're well on the way with this. Hopefully by the end of the year.

2. I'm testing a new strategy effectively derived from raw elements of the OVI. Initial tests are encouraging but it needs continued observation in battle conditions! Obviously everything I do has to do with trading breakouts, and for various reasons this cannot be tested automatically, so it's a time-consuming process. For the record, I only create strategies that I personally want and need for my own trading. These are not cheap to research, create, produce and maintain, so it's only smart to run it along commercial lines. For many years I didn't and that was soul-destroying and financially damaging. But I think it's fair to say we're more committed than most to looking after our subscribers with real quality and proper strategies/software/support.

3. I'm going to create a CD11 for Illuminati-Trader which will include an alternative Pre-Earnings entry/exit strategy to take advantage of the pre-earnings implied volatility (IV) run, and avoid the post earnings IV crush. We've already added an implied volatility filter and charts to the application and we'll eventually have new filters for the IN-OUT pre-earnings strategy. All I-T Inner Circle members will get this for free, and it'll probably come with a fresh re-launch. The straddle market has been challenging for the last 12 months and therefore an alternative strategy is desirable. If and when the equities market dumps there'll be a lot of fun to be had again as IVs have dropped nicely.


Many thanks if you're still reading - I'll shut up now and get back to work!

All the best


Guy
guyko21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: sstar
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:57pm   #140
Joined Jun 2009
What is the pattern of candles that you are looking for, which you call a flag?
london_lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 4:21am   #141
 
7 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Dear All,

I've been reading with interest on Guy's Flagtrader and illuminati system. I am new to trading and have a few questions to ask regarding these subscribed services and any response will be greatly appreciated.

First one is, the flag trader system, is it for stocks or options trading?

Second question is a bit blunt and straight to the point and it's about Guy's latest book "Volatility Markets Made Easy". Has anyone read this book?

I've ordered a hardcopy and is waiting for the delivery and from a downloaded online information on its contents including the 2nd chapter, I've noticed the topics covered are flags and straddle which are the main themes of flag trader system and illuminati system respectively. The question is, what's the difference between what's covered in the book and the 2 systems that Guy's promoting?

For those who have read the book, do you feel the book being used by the author to promote flagtrader and illuminati system?

Is the book complete and self contained by itself for the reader to trade confidently using flags and/or straddles & that he has been armed with the knowledge from the book to at least have net profit at the end of each year without subscribing to any of the systems?

I hope as many forum members as possible out there will respond and even if you haven't read the book, just post your views on what I have asked. Thank you.

CSL74
csl1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:16pm   #142
Joined Sep 2009
Hello everyone,

I just found your BB by accident. I've read this thread from beginning to end, and so I've joined as a newbie.

I'm a Flag Trader / Illuminati Inner Circle member, but not very active. Until now.

I have been taught by Guy twice, firstly when he was a guest speaker, and I was so impressed I attended his 3 in 1 event at Heathrow in Nov 2008.

I had little prior experience in trading, and my first visit to the markets using his methods netted me a tidy US 2k over just a few days back in Feb when the markets were heading down. I rejoined the markets a month ago and promptly lost a couple of hundred, due entirely to not revising what I had forgotten. I'm back on paper trades for the moment whilst I re-learn his principles.

It's nice to see that Guy has been visiting your thread, although that actually didn't surprise me; and I'd idly wondered why there was not a forum on the FT site, assuming that I just hadn't looked hard enough for one. Seems like you have fixed that from here

No doubt I'll see some of you at Guy's place in due course, if not here.

Regards

Paul
RonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:49pm   #143
Joined Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by csl1974 View Post
Dear All,

I've been reading with interest on Guy's Flagtrader and illuminati system. I am new to trading and have a few questions to ask regarding these subscribed services and any response will be greatly appreciated.

First one is, the flag trader system, is it for stocks or options trading?

Second question is a bit blunt and straight to the point and it's about Guy's latest book "Volatility Markets Made Easy". Has anyone read this book?

I've ordered a hardcopy and is waiting for the delivery and from a downloaded online information on its contents including the 2nd chapter, I've noticed the topics covered are flags and straddle which are the main themes of flag trader system and illuminati system respectively. The question is, what's the difference between what's covered in the book and the 2 systems that Guy's promoting?

For those who have read the book, do you feel the book being used by the author to promote flagtrader and illuminati system?

Is the book complete and self contained by itself for the reader to trade confidently using flags and/or straddles & that he has been armed with the knowledge from the book to at least have net profit at the end of each year without subscribing to any of the systems?

I hope as many forum members as possible out there will respond and even if you haven't read the book, just post your views on what I have asked. Thank you.

CSL74
Hi,

My understanding of the systems (I have them both) is that Illuminati is for Options, but uses Flags to sniff out likely options trades, and Flag Trader can be used on it's own purely as a stock selector. You need to understand what he defines as a 'Flag' to understand what results it gives you. I expect that your book will reveal that fully. I also think you can register for free access to some of the material on the site, which will give you a taste of what his 'system' is.

I haven't read the book you mention, although I'm struggling through another of Guy's, 'Options Made Easy' (can't agree with that just now) and I'm not really qualified to answer the rest of your question just yet.

Regards

Paul
RonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:02pm   #144
Joined Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by london_lad View Post
What is the pattern of candles that you are looking for, which you call a flag?
Hi,

In a nutshell, these: Flags and Pennants stock patterns along with some other chart patterns.

Please excuse the link; It explains briefly and concisely far better than I.

I find them easier to spot on a OHLC bar chart.

Regards

Paul
RonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:05am   #145
 
5 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieR View Post
Hi,

In a nutshell, these: Flags and Pennants stock patterns along with some other chart patterns.

Please excuse the link; It explains briefly and concisely far better than I.

I find them easier to spot on a OHLC bar chart.

Regards

Paul


Paul,

What is a OHLC bar chart?
marciaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:26am   #146
Joined Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciaS View Post
Paul,

What is a OHLC bar chart?
Hi Marcia,

Sorry.

It's an Open, Close, Low, High bar chart. Each trading day is a vertical bar ('stick') on the chart, as opposed to a candlestick. The pointer on the left is the Open Price, top of the stick is High of the day, bottom is Low of the day, and right pointer is Close of the day. If you are using real time charts, or one that you manually update; the High, Low, and Close are the latest values.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Paul
RonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:43am   #147
 
5 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieR View Post
Hi Marcia,

Sorry.

It's an Open, Close, Low, High bar chart. Each trading day is a vertical bar ('stick') on the chart, as opposed to a candlestick. The pointer on the left is the Open Price, top of the stick is High of the day, bottom is Low of the day, and right pointer is Close of the day. If you are using real time charts, or one that you manually update; the High, Low, and Close are the latest values.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Paul

Paul,
Thank you! I'll try that...

Regards,
Marcia S
marciaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 3:04pm   #148
Joined Apr 2006
Having read this thread it appears that everyone who has bought into the Flag Trader system thinks that it's a good system, and that Guy is a good fellow. And certainly his posts have been very promising.

But what I am missing is a sense that anyone is actually making good money from this system - lots of talk about paper trading and .01p per point trades, but if I had splashed out near £1,000 I would want to see some return on that - after all the blurb says that a 12 year old child could do it in 20 minutes a day and pull in £7,0000 per month!

And the Flag Traders seem to have gone deathly quiet - have they all gone off to the private forum Keith was trying to set up? I'm not trying to be rude but before I stump up the moolah I would like to hear a few people saying, "yeah, I'm making shed loads from this" so could we have a few answers along the lines of "I have tried it seriously for x months and made / not made a return of y%". And please, no paper trades or pence/point stories. Thanks!

Regards - Brogden
Brogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:06am   #149
Joined Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogden View Post
Having read this thread it appears that everyone who has bought into the Flag Trader system thinks that it's a good system, and that Guy is a good fellow. And certainly his posts have been very promising.

But what I am missing is a sense that anyone is actually making good money from this system - lots of talk about paper trading and .01p per point trades, but if I had splashed out near £1,000 I would want to see some return on that - after all the blurb says that a 12 year old child could do it in 20 minutes a day and pull in £7,0000 per month!

And the Flag Traders seem to have gone deathly quiet - have they all gone off to the private forum Keith was trying to set up? I'm not trying to be rude but before I stump up the moolah I would like to hear a few people saying, "yeah, I'm making shed loads from this" so could we have a few answers along the lines of "I have tried it seriously for x months and made / not made a return of y%". And please, no paper trades or pence/point stories. Thanks!

Regards - Brogden
Hi,

I don't know where evryone is, I just joined a few days ago. Guy's forums aren't up and running yet, although he's been sending out stuff to members.

Can't help with your query I'm afraid, as I'm still in the same situation as my post #142.

Regards
RonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:26pm   #150
Joined Oct 2009
Hi Guys,

Don’t want to come across as negative as I have very little knowledge on Guy Cohen or his systems. All I can say is having been stung several times on such systems to me they always look a little too good to be true. I had a brief look at his site and to me it screams con. All this rubbish about a 12 year old could make thousands in just 20 mins just isn’t realistic. IMO you are better off sticking the money into your trading account, especially if you are a newbie as market experience is far more valuable than systems that promise riches.
AmateurTradersOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Illuminati Trader intercreate Trading Systems 8 Sep 28, 2011 1:35pm
The Illuminati Trader System by Gary Coehn himessw First Steps 5 Aug 10, 2008 11:39pm
"Bible of Option Strategies" - Guy Cohen RichieE Educational Resources 1 Feb 4, 2008 1:52pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)