purpose of using multiple monitors

This is a discussion on purpose of using multiple monitors within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Dear all, My name is Hendra, from Indonesia. I'm new in the trading world. I trade stocks and stocks options. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 18, 2008, 1:09am   #1

4 Posts
Joined May 2008
Question purpose of using multiple monitors

Dear all,
My name is Hendra, from Indonesia. I'm new in the trading world. I trade stocks and stocks options.
I read on many blogs in the internet, people trading with multiple monitors. Actually, what is the purpose trading with multiple screens? To watch several stocks at the same time, or to watch a particular stock with several time frame?

I request help from you all... Thank you
drhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 1:17am   #2

Joined Jul 2007
AFAIK it's to watch different instruments which means they have access to more opportunities.
Old May 18, 2008, 1:21am   #3
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhendra View Post
Dear all,
My name is Hendra, from Indonesia. I'm new in the trading world. I trade stocks and stocks options.
I read on many blogs in the internet, people trading with multiple monitors. Actually, what is the purpose trading with multiple screens? To watch several stocks at the same time, or to watch a particular stock with several time frame?

I request help from you all... Thank you
It's a big question and there will be many variations in answers...here is what I do.

Current set up 4 screens on 1st P C and 2nd P C has single screen.

2x screens for charting 1x screen for tabulated information 1x screen for trading platform.

2nd P C as back up system but also used for communications...msn... e-mail etc

cv

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 1:27am   #4

4 Posts
Joined May 2008
Thank you

drhendra started this thread Thank you for your response. Very fast.
I found this site will be very helpfull to share our ideas, experience and questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
It's a big question and there will be many variations in answers...here is what I do.

Current set up 4 screens on 1st P C and 2nd P C has single screen.

2x screens for charting 1x screen for tabulated information 1x screen for trading platform.

2nd P C as back up system but also used for communications...msn... e-mail etc

cv
drhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 9:40am   #5

Joined Feb 2005
I have charts on one screen, and order entry on another (same PC). Then a seperate screen and PC for email, messaging and internet surfing.

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 11:32am   #6
Joined Jun 2006
I've often wondered if there is any correlation between profit and number of screens. I suppose multi-monitor set-ups will provide sufficient evidence to rationalise why the last trade was a disaster.

Grant.
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 12:05pm   #7
Joined Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantx View Post
I've often wondered if there is any correlation between profit and number of screens. I suppose multi-monitor set-ups will provide sufficient evidence to rationalise why the last trade was a disaster.

Grant.
depends if your using the screens for trading or watching things normal girls would find disgusting!......
brutusdog is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote