purpose of using multiple monitors

This is a discussion on purpose of using multiple monitors within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Brutus, I've always found one screen adequate for that. Grant....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 18, 2008, 12:16pm   #8
Joined Jun 2006
Brutus,

I've always found one screen adequate for that.

Grant.
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 1:21pm   #9
Joined Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantx View Post
Brutus,

I've always found one screen adequate for that.

Grant.
well if you get a couple of 42 inc lcds next to each other its almost life size then you can really get the party started
brutusdog is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Directional
Old May 18, 2008, 1:54pm   #10

Joined Jul 2007
Old May 18, 2008, 6:12pm   #11

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantx View Post
I've often wondered if there is any correlation between profit and number of screens.

Grant.
Yes. Profits are inversely proportional to the number of screens.
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: mr.marcus
Old May 18, 2008, 7:04pm   #12

Joined Jan 2007
I think a lot of it is what markets you trade... and how much news affects your trading style.

If you're a pure chartist on one market you need only one screen...

Attached are 4 of my screens (one of the setups I just took a picture of now, the other setup isn't quite the same any more but you get the gist of it)- If you tried to fit this into 2 screens it would be counter productive as the information wouldn't be avaliable at a quick glance... and it has to be otherwise I would have to actually watch them all day
Attached Thumbnails
reuters.png   wazzzzzzuppppppppppppppp.png  
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 7:10pm   #13

Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusdog View Post
well if you get a couple of 42 inc lcds next to each other its almost life size then you can really get the party started
Some things you don't want to look at too closely, I've found
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 8:25pm   #14

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianights View Post
I think a lot of it is what markets you trade... and how much news affects your trading style.

If you're a pure chartist on one market you need only one screen...

Attached are 4 of my screens (one of the setups I just took a picture of now, the other setup isn't quite the same any more but you get the gist of it)- If you tried to fit this into 2 screens it would be counter productive as the information wouldn't be avaliable at a quick glance... and it has to be otherwise I would have to actually watch them all day
How many eyes do you have ?

Charlton