Iím New To TRADING Ė Where Do I Start?

This is a discussion on Iím New To TRADING Ė Where Do I Start? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Rebav How Do I find a strategy? Read a good book such as Reminiscences of a Stock ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:00am   #169

5 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Read Good Books on Trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebav View Post
How Do I find a strategy?
Read a good book such as Reminiscences of a Stock Operator or James Smith's book Zero to £1 Million My Stock Market Lessons and Techniques. Both are excellent books on trading. You can buy both for under £25 on amazon.

When you start trading, start with small bets; have fun, and remember, newspaper articles on the market are written by journalist not traders so don't pay much attention to them. When newspaper sentiment is bullish its usually time to switch direction.
tipper73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:02pm   #170
Joined Nov 2014
Iím New To TRADING Ė Where Do I Start?

it does not matter how much you learn in terms of technicality or other, if you do not stick to your system or plan you will lose not only as a trader.

Sticking to your plan will give you an opportunity to go deep and understand the different facets of yourself, it will not be easy, strong emotions will come to surface but sticking to your plan and the consequences of it is the only indicator a trader is given.

How you deal with emotions is a personal matter, surely emotions cannot be controlled but they can be monitored and given space by accepting them, once accepted they still be there but they will cease to control you.

So if you start now, choose any system follow it rigidly and once you know you are able to stick to a plan (know yourself) then you can expand in any technicality or other.

Last edited by Fugazsy; Nov 8, 2016 at 1:08pm.
Fugazsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:52pm   #171
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagerban View Post
The best strategy is the one you make for yourself. Believe me, it'll be very profitable for you =)
Unfortunately its far from a fact. Majority of traders are on the losing side so you have to always prepare yourself to lose all what you have invested
The problem on the philosophical side that you risk concrete money for just opportunity to earn. And even there you are in the losing position
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:57pm   #172

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
Unfortunately its far from a fact. Majority of traders are on the losing side so you have to always prepare yourself to lose all what you have invested
The problem on the philosophical side that you risk concrete money for just opportunity to earn. And even there you are in the losing position
The majority of traders are on the losing side because (a) they have no thoroughly-tested plan or (b) they have one but don't follow it. Philosophy is not the central issue.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:37pm   #173

Joined Nov 2001
New to trading

Forget it. Many vendors (some here)will happily take your money because it is easier to take a fools money for some "winning system" than it is for them to risk their own money trading. Get a job and save a few pennies a week. Shortly, you will have more saved than the usual lemming loses chasing dreams of trading riches.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:48pm   #174

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
I am new and looking for choosing a platform. One of my friend refereed me FPMarkets as one of the best platform in the market, with the lowest rates and effective strategies shared by the brokerage.

Last edited by Trader333; Dec 4, 2016 at 5:19pm.
Peterdales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:22pm   #175

2 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
OK Time to get serious

Ok guys ... where do I start with my trading career ? What book to read ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2W Bot View Post
SHORT ANSWER

If youíve just joined T2W Ė welcome!
First things first, if you havenít done so already, check out this Sticky: [FAQ] Iím New to T2W Ė Where do I Start? Thatís the starting point for ALL new members, regardless of your trading experience. It contains a list of 12 mini-FAQs which cover the basics about T2W - whoís who and whatís what etc. Once youíve read it, youíll have a good understanding of what a fantastic resource the site is, how to get the most from it and, hopefully, how best to contribute to it.

New to trading?
Okay, if youíre not only new to T2W, but also new to trading, then this is the FAQ for you. (If you happen to be a multi-millionaire fund manager, please read it anyway and tell us how we can improve it!) Trading is a very large subject and T2W is a very large website. Youíre welcome to just follow your nose and see where it leads, or you may prefer to take a more structured route to accelerate your learning curve. If so, we have . . .

A simple 4 step plan
The Long Answer below provides a simple 4 step plan designed to give you a good insight into the world of the self taught and self funded trader working from home (known as a Ďretailí trader). For new traders who donít know where to start, this is the perfect introduction to the subject. Completing steps 1 to 3 will take around ten to twenty hours. At that point you will have enough information to be able to make an informed decision as to whether or not trading is for you.

100% guarantee
Yup, the 4 step plan comes with a rock solid guarantee. Once youíve completed steps 1-3, one of two things will happen. Either youíll be bored to tears by the whole subject or youíll be unable to sleep at night because youíre just soooooo excited! If your rubbish bin is rapidly filling up with spent packets of Mogadon, then youíll probably be ready to move on to step 4.
CaiGengYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:27am   #176

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2W Bot View Post
SHORT ANSWER

If you’ve just joined T2W – welcome!
First things first, if you haven’t done so already, check out this Sticky: [FAQ] I’m New to T2W – Where do I Start? That’s the starting point for ALL new members, regardless of your trading experience. It contains a list of 12 mini-FAQs which cover the basics about T2W - who’s who and what’s what etc. Once you’ve read it, you’ll have a good understanding of what a fantastic resource the site is, how to get the most from it and, hopefully, how best to contribute to it.

New to trading?
Okay, if you’re not only new to T2W, but also new to trading, then this is the FAQ for you. (If you happen to be a multi-millionaire fund manager, please read it anyway and tell us how we can improve it!) Trading is a very large subject and T2W is a very large website. You’re welcome to just follow your nose and see where it leads, or you may prefer to take a more structured route to accelerate your learning curve. If so, we have . . .

A simple 4 step plan
The Long Answer below provides a simple 4 step plan designed to give you a good insight into the world of the self taught and self funded trader working from home (known as a ‘retail’ trader). For new traders who don’t know where to start, this is the perfect introduction to the subject. Completing steps 1 to 3 will take around ten to twenty hours. At that point you will have enough information to be able to make an informed decision as to whether or not trading is for you.

100% guarantee
Yup, the 4 step plan comes with a rock solid guarantee. Once you’ve completed steps 1-3, one of two things will happen. Either you’ll be bored to tears by the whole subject or you’ll be unable to sleep at night because you’re just soooooo excited! If your rubbish bin is rapidly filling up with spent packets of Mogadon, then you’ll probably be ready to move on to step 4.
Hello
Katie Choi is offline   Reply With Quote