Anyone know a good 'set-and-forget' strategy?

This is a discussion on Anyone know a good 'set-and-forget' strategy? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Pedro30 The thread is 9 years old, dude... It is never too late ,If they had remained ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 1, 2017, 4:36pm   #16
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro30 View Post
The thread is 9 years old, dude...
It is never too late ,If they had remained here for 9 years , they would have got it.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indi...ml#post2900716
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd
Old May 1, 2017, 4:38pm   #17

Joined Oct 2015
contact warren buffet @bershire hathaway for a great set it & forget
Old May 12, 2017, 6:45am   #18
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
contact warren buffet @bershire hathaway for a great set it & forget
set and forget eliminate or reduce the 80% psychological risks from trading.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psyc...ent-forum.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...ders-fail.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indi...ml#post2901510
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 7:24am   #19

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by presven View Post
No longer in existence ?
Me
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2017, 4:18pm   #20
Joined May 2017
Placing a trade that early in the UK session and leaving to run for the day has some major drawbacks you don't know what the days sentiment is going to be for a start or how news events might skew a trade or what black swan events might ruin a trade. You would need very wide stops probably better trading the daily chart where stops can be set at 2xATR or well above major swing pivots avoiding any wild intraday swings due to news events etc imo
Convergence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2017, 5:15pm   #21
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
Placing a trade that early in the UK session and leaving to run for the day has some major drawbacks you don't know what the days sentiment is going to be for a start or how news events might skew a trade or what black swan events might ruin a trade. You would need very wide stops probably better trading the daily chart where stops can be set at 2xATR or well above major swing pivots avoiding any wild intraday swings due to news events etc imo

Time of day for entry is a good point. I only trade multi-day but numerous times have been taken into a position when price started the day moving my way, only to be stopped out in the pm. Daily chart then prints an outside day bar, but usually resuming my direction (i.e. with underlying trend) next session. Grrr!

Placing the entry point further out seems the only way round this, apart from waiting until the close to enter manually.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote