The American Dream

This is a discussion on The American Dream within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hey all, this is my first post and was wondering if i could get some insight. I am 19 and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 26, 2008, 3:06pm   #1

2 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
The American Dream

Hey all, this is my first post and was wondering if i could get some insight. I am 19 and have been looking for the right path to follow for my career for at least 3 years now and have finally choosen trading. I strive for excellence and am becoming more desciplined, having been studying for my career over the last year. I hated high school and swore one day i would return rich, so i made a promise to become the best, and am now looking for an intership. Now my question is this at the age of 27 or 28 is it possible to have a well established trading career and be rolling in the big money? I want more then anything to roll up to my 10 or so year High School reunion in a lamborghini, 3 peice suite, looking like the essence of glory. Just was wondering If there was anyone out there that had lived my story?
jib80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2008, 3:19pm   #2

Joined Jul 2004
Yes, plenty of people have done that, and plenty more have tried and failed. The main point of my reply, though, is to imagine someone turning up in a three piece suite.
blackcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: trendie , DC STOXX , firewalker99
Old Feb 26, 2008, 3:22pm   #3
Joined Apr 2005
You might look a bit daft carrying a 3 piece suite into your reunion, go for an arm chair instead.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 3:36pm   #4

Joined Feb 2008
You can all take the P**s but you've obviously mis understood what he wants..

I see exactly how he wants to turn up to that special re-union and if I had the money I'd do the same...
Attached Thumbnails
car-sofa.jpg  
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: THE WOLF2222 , 0007 , the blades , firewalker99
Old Feb 26, 2008, 3:44pm   #5

Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jib80 View Post
I want more then anything to roll up to my 10 or so year High School reunion in a lamborghini, 3 peice suite, looking like the essence of glory.
You could hire the Lambo for the day & I don't suppose anyone would know the difference.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 4:39pm   #6
ian

Joined Oct 2001
Quote:
Hey all, this is my first post and was wondering if i could get some insight. I am 19 and have been looking for the right path to follow for my career for at least 3 years now and have finally choosen trading. I strive for excellence and am becoming more desciplined, having been studying for my career over the last year. I hated high school and swore one day i would return rich, so i made a promise to become the best, and am now looking for an intership. Now my question is this at the age of 27 or 28 is it possible to have a well established trading career and be rolling in the big money? I want more then anything to roll up to my 10 or so year High School reunion in a lamborghini, 3 peice suite, looking like the essence of glory. Just was wondering If there was anyone out there that had lived my story?
I think you have clear self esteem issues which, once addressed, will make you want to turn up for your reunion in plain dress by taxi cab with the quiet knowlege that your Lambo's are tucked up safely in the 5 car garage back home at your mansion.
ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: dick_dastardly
Old Feb 26, 2008, 5:33pm   #7

Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
3 peice suite, looking like the essence of glory.
you want to turn up looking like a sofa and two armchairs ?????
rathcoole_exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2008, 7:11pm   #8
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Its an excellent ambition. Contrary to whay many so-called wiser heads will tell you, wealth is an excellent objective in life, and may be the one to aim for first, then it will be easier and more fun for you to achieve the others. I wish you sincere good luck.

'Get money, honestly if possible, but get money' - Mark Twain
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2008, 8:30pm   #9

Joined Sep 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Its an excellent ambition. Contrary to whay many so-called wiser heads will tell you, wealth is an excellent objective in life, and may be the one to aim for first, then it will be easier and more fun for you to achieve the others. I wish you sincere good luck.

'Get money, honestly if possible, but get money' - Mark Twain
Hi Jib80,
I agree with tomortons sentiments.
As your just 19, I would recommend you purchase and read ' The Richest Man in Babylon ' by George S Clason ISBN 0-451-16520-9 its a paperback. Read it repeatedly until you almost know it by heart and mark it up with comments and notes.

At 19 years old, please, please live by his words:

"Ten percent of all you earn is yours to keep".

From the heart,
Neil
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:11am   #10

2 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
jib80 started this thread thanks all for your comments, I did mean suit* having a bit of a rough day when i was writing this. Plus im more of a Corvette man, ill definetly go and get the book and learn as much as i can until I find a reputable teacher.
jib80 is offline   Reply With Quote