Alternative to stockcharts.com for UK market

This is a discussion on Alternative to stockcharts.com for UK market within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi there - I've signed up with stockcharts.com for their basic paid service and it's really good for preparing portfolio ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 27, 2008, 3:45pm   #1
Joined Dec 2007
Alternative to stockcharts.com for UK market

Hi there - I've signed up with stockcharts.com for their basic paid service and it's really good for preparing portfolio lists and running scans on US shares etc. But as a newbie I've been recommended to trade UK shares which apparently tend to be less volatile than US stocks (especially just now!). Unfortunately stockcharts doesn't cover the UK market so I can't use it.

I've tried bigcharts.com but it just doesn't seem to cut it in terms of functionality and usefulness. Can anyone recommend something similar to stockcharts for UK? I don't mind paying as long as it's not too expensive.

Thanks
gododdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 5:28pm   #2

Joined Jul 2007
I used Sharescope Gold in the past; you can do you own data mining on all UK stocks. You can download a demo from Ionic's website.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:54pm   #3
Joined Dec 2007
gododdin started this thread Hi Shadowninja - thanks for the tip! Unfortunately I'm running a Mac so Sharescope Gold won't work (unless I upgrade to an Intel Mac and load Windows on it, but then I might as well buy a PC with Windows, and I swore I'd never go there again!)
Old Jan 27, 2008, 9:51pm   #4

Joined Jul 2007
Oh. Can't you run some sort of emulator?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:25pm   #5
Joined Dec 2007
gododdin started this thread Yes, that's what I mean - in order to do that I'd need to upgrade my current machine to an Intel Mac, and I'm not ready for that yet. I could then use Bootcamp to run a dual boot system. I was hoping you could advise of a web based service like stockcharts but one which covers the UK too.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:40pm   #6
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
You could try this...

ProRealTime.com

cv

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:56am   #7

Joined Jul 2007
How do you search through stocks for particular events eg crossovers with ProRealTime? (Didn't think it was possible.)