Forex Training

This is a discussion on Forex Training within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Has anybody had any experience/knowledge of Learncurrencytradingonline.com. They are educators and have been around for some years now. They teach ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:56pm   #1
 
7 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Forex Training

Has anybody had any experience/knowledge of Learncurrencytradingonline.com.
They are educators and have been around for some years now. They teach both Swing and Trend Trading. I would appreciate any feedback.
blueshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:22pm   #2
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshaman View Post
Has anybody had any experience/knowledge of Learncurrencytradingonline.com.
They are educators and have been around for some years now. They teach both Swing and Trend Trading. I would appreciate any feedback.
Ask them for a verified trading record spawning at least one market cycle, and by verified, I mean done by a big and reputable company, not by someone's uncle or friend...

If they cannot provide or start with the excuses that it is against the law, etc, this means they are making money from the "education" and not from trading...

I have been around for almost half a century and I am still to see someone teaching working trading strategy for few thousand dollars... Just think about it, if you are constantly making money in the markets, would you be selling your winning strategy for pennies to your competitors?
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:19pm   #3
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshaman View Post
Has anybody had any experience/knowledge of Learncurrencytradingonline.com.
They are educators and have been around for some years now. They teach both Swing and Trend Trading. I would appreciate any feedback.

Both swing and trend trading will work. Swing trading has a higher risk than trend trading but offers more opportunities. Swing trading demands more chart monitoring for set-ups and possibly higher TA skills and awareness, possibly greater ability to make decisions quickly based on incomplete information. Trend trading responds well to forward planning and offers chances to pyramid positions to maximise profit. Trend traders have to cope with the (very real) stress of waiting for the best set-up and then not getting involved in managing the trade once opened. Trend trading is very practicable if you have zero (literally) screen time available during market hours.

It would be surprising if you could not find out all you need to know about both before booking a training course, and for simply the cost of your time on the internet and reading a few second hand books. On the other hand, if you know yourself to respond well to this form of education and you want a crash course in trading, go for a course. Its like taking driving lessons from either your elderly Dad for 6 months, or from an approved instructor for 3 months or a crash course (no pun intended) in a week.

No reason to think this firm is a scam. Whether their fees represent good value is your personal issue.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:16pm   #4
Joined Jan 2017
I haven't any experience of working with them. so I can't say whether they are scam or not. However, I advice you not to pay money to anyone first.
check my Forexnote blog, I've gathered ebooks for beginners there and some free tips. No ads, no payments, just advice from a malaysian trader
Haffizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:36pm   #5
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshaman View Post
Has anybody had any experience/knowledge of Learncurrencytradingonline.com.
They are educators and have been around for some years now. They teach both Swing and Trend Trading. I would appreciate any feedback.
out of all the sources of trading education out there, why would you enquire about a site that feature this image?

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Kaeso; Mar 2, 2018 at 9:44pm.
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:27pm   #6
 
7 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
blueshaman started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
out of all the sources of trading education out there, why would you enquire about a site that feature this image?

Click the image to open in full size.
Leave my bird out of it.
blueshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton , Quantt
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:25pm   #7
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshaman View Post
Leave my bird out of it.
Exactly! you cant trust a site that trys to tempt you with a picture of your own bird
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Quantt
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:56am   #8
 
7 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
blueshaman started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
Exactly! you cant trust a site that trys to tempt you with a picture of your own bird
Ha ! Yes quite so. However ,the guy who runs this site ( Andrew Scadden) does seem to have much more credibility than your typical common or garden Forex scammer. He does claim to have survived in this industry for over 20 years (as a Trader not a Salesman ) and gives regular Fundamental Analyses on where he believes the Major pairs are heading. He is a cut above the usual x crosses y no-hoper.
blueshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:17pm   #9
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshaman View Post
Ha ! Yes quite so. However ,the guy who runs this site ( Andrew Scadden) does seem to have much more credibility than your typical common or garden Forex scammer. He does claim to have survived in this industry for over 20 years (as a Trader not a Salesman ) and gives regular Fundamental Analyses on where he believes the Major pairs are heading. He is a cut above the usual x crosses y no-hoper.
It doesn't matter!

He might be the nicest guy ever lived, he might even genuinely believe the stuff he is "teaching", but what matters to you as his "customer" is 2 things: does he trades for real and does he have a VERIFIED track record.
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:56pm   #10
 
7 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
blueshaman started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
It doesn't matter!

He might be the nicest guy ever lived, he might even genuinely believe the stuff he is "teaching", but what matters to you as his "customer" is 2 things: does he trades for real and does he have a VERIFIED track record.
Hi Quantt. Thanks for your responses. I am quite certain that this guy is a Bona Fide Trader. As for a Verified track record I am not sure if that would be forthcoming. However , I shy away from paying for courses these days (having had my fingers burned in the past). I may pay for the odd trading book from Amazon but that is about it.
blueshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:34pm   #11
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshaman View Post
I am quite certain that this guy is a Bona Fide Trader.
I just wonder how you can be so certain?
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:07pm   #12
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshaman View Post
Ha ! Yes quite so. However ,the guy who runs this site ( Andrew Scadden) does seem to have much more credibility than your typical common or garden Forex scammer. He does claim to have survived in this industry for over 20 years (as a Trader not a Salesman ) and gives regular Fundamental Analyses on where he believes the Major pairs are heading. He is a cut above the usual x crosses y no-hoper.
is that this guy?



he seems ok actually, at least like you said he trys to give you a broader understanding of whats going on beyond the chart

i can't comment on whether the course is worth paying for or how bona fide he is
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:30pm   #13
 
7 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
blueshaman started this thread
Yes this is the chap. I cannot find anybody who has used this service . There are not any testimonials available ( not that I particularly trust them either).
blueshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:52pm   #14
 
4 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
I've signed up for his site over a year ago or maybe even two ago. I think it was something like $150 for lifetime membership but could be wrong about that. He also offers more services that are more expensive like 1:1 mentoring but I've never done any of those.

Note for any trolls or haters here: I found this forum while searching to see if Andrew had any articles or other material posted online so if for some reason trade2win shows sign up dates on member profiles don't even try to grandstand and give me any crap for registering on here just to reply to this. It's my opinion so take it or leave it:

He does not provide a verifiable track record. With that said he is also NOT teaching you a system. He is teaching you to be a better trader and makes this very known even in his public videos and member PDF material. He readily admits that what works for him will be different than what works for you. His track record can be "seen" through his youtube videos and in the members section he always posts positions, including his entries, stop, targets and where he wants to get in on upcoming trades.

He trades only daily and weekly charts so depending on your timeframe you may not like his style at all. He trades with an eye on the commitment of traders report. He uses technicals to time market but always has (and provides) his fundamental view of a currency.

He will get stopped several times before hitting a big trend. He may take several stops of close to 100 pips or more before hitting a trend for 500-700 or more pips. If you're looking for a system with 70%+ accuracy or something like that, don't bother. If you're looking for something scalable over market conditions and fundamental, swing trading on daily charts, LT technicals, etc. then it might be worth you while.

I felt the need to post on here b/c he is readily available via email for questions and comments from members and has always been a huge help for me when answering my questions. For me it was absolutely worth the small cost for lifetime membership.
eb2568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:26pm   #15
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2568 View Post
I've signed up for his site over a year ago or maybe even two ago. I think it was something like $150 for lifetime membership but could be wrong about that. He also offers more services that are more expensive like 1:1 mentoring but I've never done any of those.

Note for any trolls or haters here: I found this forum while searching to see if Andrew had any articles or other material posted online so if for some reason trade2win shows sign up dates on member profiles don't even try to grandstand and give me any crap for registering on here just to reply to this. It's my opinion so take it or leave it:

He does not provide a verifiable track record. With that said he is also NOT teaching you a system. He is teaching you to be a better trader and makes this very known even in his public videos and member PDF material. He readily admits that what works for him will be different than what works for you. His track record can be "seen" through his youtube videos and in the members section he always posts positions, including his entries, stop, targets and where he wants to get in on upcoming trades.

He trades only daily and weekly charts so depending on your timeframe you may not like his style at all. He trades with an eye on the commitment of traders report. He uses technicals to time market but always has (and provides) his fundamental view of a currency.

He will get stopped several times before hitting a big trend. He may take several stops of close to 100 pips or more before hitting a trend for 500-700 or more pips. If you're looking for a system with 70%+ accuracy or something like that, don't bother. If you're looking for something scalable over market conditions and fundamental, swing trading on daily charts, LT technicals, etc. then it might be worth you while.

I felt the need to post on here b/c he is readily available via email for questions and comments from members and has always been a huge help for me when answering my questions. For me it was absolutely worth the small cost for lifetime membership.
Just registered and the first comment is to heavily endorse a questionable vendor...

I would deferentially stay away from a service using this type of tactics to get newbies to sign up...

Major red flag!
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to Forex Training Bernie Ferst First Steps 0 Aug 1, 2009 4:14am
New Product: Forex Tester - Professional Forex Training Software EK1 T2W Feedback & Announcements 0 Jul 9, 2009 3:20pm
Forex Training wilsie Forex 1 Dec 23, 2005 3:49pm
Forex Training nefariousbaffler Forex 3 Mar 19, 2004 11:14pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)