Looking for a data provider with API access

This is a discussion on Looking for a data provider with API access within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; I'm looking for a company that provides data on the stock market. It doesn't matter which stock market, it could ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:39pm   #1

7 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Looking for a data provider with API access

I'm looking for a company that provides data on the stock market. It doesn't matter which stock market, it could be the LSE, NYSE, NASDAQ etc etc I really don't care.

It also does not need to be real time but I need to be able to get data at regular intervals throughout the day say every 10 to 20 minutes and I absolutely must be able to access this data through an API which is compatible with the C# programming language (so either a REST API or a native C# library).

Pulling data into Excel 2016 wouldn't hurt either. I've looked around but I can't really find what I am looking for. I'm not a professional trader, I'm just a programmer with an idea I'd like to experiment on with some data and if my idea works I'd then like to move on to making some trades but for the time being I just want to validate my idea with some real world data.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful .
Cromulent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:04pm   #2

Joined Jul 2017
Here are two that are free:

https://www.alphavantage.co/documentation/

https://iextrading.com/developer/docs/#getting-started

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:44pm   #3

7 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Cromulent started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Awesome. Thank you very much. That looks like what I want.
Cromulent is offline   Reply With Quote