Beginners should risk only 0.25 % per trade

This is a discussion on Beginners should risk only 0.25 % per trade within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by foroom lluzers If you included psychology , it is most likely he will blow up , with ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:40pm   #76
 
postman's Avatar
Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
If you included psychology , it is most likely he will blow up , with revenge trades etc.You obviously don't have understanding of trading psychology , or a lack of it's application in real trading.

It does not matter , if 55% or 80 % , in all cases if he reaches 55% he will most certainly reach 100% .
What matters is that it demonstrates your willingness to post any random thought that comes in to your head, and then present it as treasured knowledge which should be followed without question.

You don't know sh1t about anything related to trading, psychology and now maths, and people (especially those new to this site) should be made aware of that.
postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: IceMan , darktone
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:42pm   #77
 
darktone's Avatar
Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
It does not matter , if 55% or 80 % , in all cases if he reaches 55% he will most certainly reach 100% .
Is that the same line of thinking that you apply to your draws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
DAMMIT!! That didnt go as expectecd! Fecking -20%!!... Never mind , ill prolly make it back so ill just tell the boys im -1%. Oh look theres another +2% come in on my long short FTSE position so im up +++1% on the week boys!
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Me and you, we is largely the same bruv! We dont know shît! The difference is, I know I dont know shît!!
darktone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:47pm   #78
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
The threads I don't usually keep up to date with are those featuring live call-outs. This is for day-traders, I don't do that.

Trend-followers don't post much. There isn't much to post about. There can't be much debate about whether price on a given time-frame chart is rising or falling. Tactics rather than prices are interesting. But for lulz I go elsewhere. Though you and foroom are fun: but I don't understand what foroom is on about most of the time while I think you and I trade on different planes entirely.
Swing trades and trend trades can't be called out in advance?
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:54pm   #79
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Swing trades and trend trades can't be called out in advance?

Yes they can, but I don't feel the need to play this game. You go ahead.

I've always been happy to post strategy and tactics, and anyone can draw trades from them if they wish. I use T2W etc. to refine strategy and tactics, not to copy trades or get kudos for my great trades or lulz from other people's losers.

I don't feel the need to have my trading manhood measured on a table-top. And especially not to have it judged by people who haven't earned any particular respect from me.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:14pm   #80
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by postman View Post
What matters is that it demonstrates your willingness to post any random thought that comes in to your head, and then present it as treasured knowledge which should be followed without question.

You don't know sh1t about anything related to trading, psychology and now maths, and people (especially those new to this site) should be made aware of that.
“I think investment psychology is by far the more important element, followed by risk control, with the least important consideration being the question of where you buy and sell.” – Tom Basso

We could also agree or disagree , that most gurus are clueless about successful trading , trading psychology and risk , that noobs should be made aware of that too,
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:23pm   #81
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
PS: Forgot this.
Yes, I have no idea which signal will work. Most work. Sometimes the one with my best set-up criteria fails. Sometimes the one with the worst set-up criteria wins. So every trade gets a stop-loss. Every loser gets cut. Every winner gets run. Happy days.
That all sound very well. But I don't believe curve fitting works on anything but historical data, unless I see evidence to the contrary. The only evidence I can accept is money made from forward predictions. Since you are unwilling to offer this evidence, then there is no real basis for discussion.

It's simply no good to say the trend is up therefore buy. You have to have the profit to show for it.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:30pm   #82
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
That all sound very well. But I don't believe curve fitting works on anything but historical data, unless I see evidence to the contrary. The only evidence I can accept is money made from forward predictions. Since you are unwilling to offer this evidence, then there is no real basis for discussion.

It's simply no good to say the trend is up therefore buy. You have to have the profit to show for it.

True, buying an uptrend blindly is not a strategy.

But I still don't have to show anyone anything.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:36pm   #83
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
True, buying an uptrend blindly is not a strategy.

But I still don't have to show anyone anything.
You don't. My belief then becomes maybe there's nothing to show.

One thing curve fitters don't realise is that we all start that way. We all had a magic formula when we were naive. For the fortunate few, they are able escape the curve fitting cul-de-sac and find true light.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:01pm   #84
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
You don't. My belief then becomes maybe there's nothing to show.

One thing curve fitters don't realise is that we all start that way. We all had a magic formula when we were naive. For the fortunate few, they are able escape the curve fitting cul-de-sac and find true light.

I simply and sincerely don't care what you believe.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:02pm   #85
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
You don't. My belief then becomes maybe there's nothing to show.

One thing curve fitters don't realise is that we all start that way. We all had a magic formula when we were naive. For the fortunate few, they are able escape the curve fitting cul-de-sac and find true light.
I know your trades are a fraud , but I don't have to expose you!
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:23pm   #86
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
I simply and sincerely don't care what you believe.
That's good. I have the same attitude. But the conversation wasn't initiated by me. It wasn't me who was trying to escape the cul-de-sac.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:24pm   #87
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
I know your trades are a fraud , but I don't have to expose you!
You can if you want. You can expose me cheating by holding until winning. Whoever heard of such a crazy thing ?
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:28pm   #88
 
itspossible's Avatar
Joined Sep 2014
long pork bellies
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:31pm   #89
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by itspossible View Post
long pork bellies
Should have long'ed silver. You would have made some.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: itspossible
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:49pm   #90
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
You can if you want. You can expose me cheating by holding until winning. Whoever heard of such a crazy thing ?
You can see all the posts by people who don't trade , lack practical trading knowledge , hold on to losers , the knowledge of clowns who sit on losing trades and the text book stuff traders .

It is all in your posts , the psychology is in your methods posted .The dumbness of your trades is in your trades posted.

A pro can just figure it out by seeing your trades.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Per Trade Risk Rhody Trader Psychology, Risk & Money Management 16 Jul 10, 2012 8:56am
1% risk per trade options-george Psychology, Risk & Money Management 25 Mar 1, 2011 11:45am
Risk trade....OFF! carleygarner Commodities & Money Markets 2 Jul 21, 2010 11:58pm
How much to risk per trade ? JDW1411 Psychology, Risk & Money Management 0 Feb 2, 2010 3:10am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)