Difference between amateurs and professionals

This is a discussion on Difference between amateurs and professionals within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by foroom lluzers Where and how did he learn these subconscious skills? .He was no born with them. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:44pm   #25
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Where and how did he learn these subconscious skills? .He was no born with them.
If you can't see what is plainly obvious, I can see why psychology would play a part. You may wish to add in some religious faith for enhanced protection from things you can't see.

The monkey was born to find economic value in forms of tastey fleas to eat. When it finds value, it sits on it with its ar*e. From the video, there's no evidence of a psychology growth on it's ar*e. So it's in good health to find more value.

I haven't looked into it, but perhaps you can help. Being a fan of Jim Rogers, you show some signs of appreciating what he does. Can you point me to a place where he said trading/investing involves psychology ? If you can't find any, be prepared to answer: why not.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:43pm   #26
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
If you can't see what is plainly obvious, I can see why psychology would play a part. You may wish to add in some religious faith for enhanced protection from things you can't see.

The monkey was born to find economic value in forms of tastey fleas to eat. When it finds value, it sits on it with its ar*e. From the video, there's no evidence of a psychology growth on it's ar*e. So it's in good health to find more value.

I haven't looked into it, but perhaps you can help. Being a fan of Jim Rogers, you show some signs of appreciating what he does. Can you point me to a place where he said trading/investing involves psychology ? If you can't find any, be prepared to answer: why not.
“Never act upon wishful thinking. Act without checking the facts, and chances are that you will be swept away along with the mob.”

“If anybody laughs at your idea, view it as a sign of potential success!”
Do not worry about failure, I would tell them. Do not worry about making mistakes in life. It is good to lose money, to go broke at least once, and preferably twice"

― Jim Rogers
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:02pm   #27
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
“Never act upon wishful thinking. Act without checking the facts, and chances are that you will be swept away along with the mob.”

Do not worry about failure, I would tell them. Do not worry about making mistakes in life. It is good to lose money, to go broke at least once, and preferably twice"

― Jim Rogers
Which bit of this quote includes psychology, or are we changing the subject ?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:08pm   #28

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
The economic "genius" in your link is an idiot. If he traded, not only would he have lost his shirt, he would have lost his pants as well.

Traders (pro's and not the internet traders) do what they do for good reasons. This is why they are traders and economists are not.

When you pick up something valuable, only an idiot would then protect it using psychology. You protect it with your ar*e by sitting on it. What kind of people would have a psychology growth on their ar*e ? This could be fatal. I'd see a doctor.
A5se can be great and sometimes sitting on it comes great things. If a duck didn't use its a5se to sit on the egg. It would seldom hatch. Hence the term 'sit on your nest egg'.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:17pm   #29
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Which bit of this quote includes psychology, or are we changing the subject ?
Psychology can only be understood by the person doing the psychoanalysis .If you do your analysis on the Jim rogers quotes and the psychology involved in those quotes , you will understand.

Most traders have no clue about psychology , people who have been trading for 30 years appear not to show any clues , how do I expect you to understand psychology?You are asking in the first steps section.

If traders post threads in the psychology and risk section , and it does not include any psychology discussion at all , a reader could rationally say there is lack of knowledge about it , maybe most people don't understand it.

Here is the original professionals versus amateurs , in the psychology section.It had no psychology discussions.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psyc...-amateurs.html

Last edited by foroom lluzers; Jul 22, 2017 at 6:26pm.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:23pm   #30
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
“Never act upon wishful thinking. Act without checking the facts, and chances are that you will be swept away along with the mob.” Never trader your emotions

Be mentally strong as not be influenced by what others believe.

Once you lose real money , you mind will feel the emotions of loss and it will put fear in you , to be cautious and careful in trading .Those who can learn to lose well can make money.

― Jim Rogers
There I have tried to explain
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:41pm   #31
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
A5se can be great and sometimes sitting on it comes great things. If a duck didn't use its a5se to sit on the egg. It would seldom hatch. Hence the term 'sit on your nest egg'.
A duck that sits on its ar*s risks getting shot, hence the term "sitting duck".

That economist was an idiot to suggest traders should sit longer for more profit. If they did, they'd go the way of the duck.

My idea of the sitting is only in the context that it's the sitting that produces profit and not psychology. Nor is it useful to over-sit a profit, and there's no need. There's plenty more where that came from
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:43pm   #32
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
There I have tried to explain
That's not explaining. That's putting words in Jim Roger's mouth.