Buying stock in the same company twice - Confused

This is a discussion on Buying stock in the same company twice - Confused within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi all, I know this pretty newbie stuff... Im not sure if this mathematically works out better or worse so ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:24pm   #1

7 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Buying stock in the same company twice - Confused

Hi all,

I know this pretty newbie stuff... Im not sure if this mathematically works out better or worse

so lets say..

Ive bought £500 worth of stock at 50p

Price goes down gradually.

Ive just bought £1000 worth of stock in the same company at 25p - hoping to a small risky profit on this and pull back out.

I thought i would have 2 different holdings but my account has put all the shares together. Giving me an average price.

I can't view the investments as 2 separate ones which was my thought process going into it. Im confused as to how this works.
jimbob1904 is offline   Reply With Quote