Introduce Yourself

This is a discussion on Introduce Yourself within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hello Clynelish and welcome to the T2W forum, success to you...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:54pm   #6881

Joined Dec 2010
re: Introduce Yourself

Hello Clynelish and welcome to the T2W forum, success to you
Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:28pm   #6882

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2012

Hello everyone. My name is Alex and I am currently at Durham University. Although I have followed this forum and discussions for quite a while, I haven't contributed much because I am currently trying to learn by reading books/papertrading and practising on a small account.

I am currently doing a dissertation in Social Science (non finance related) although based on some observations from internships I have previously had. I was wondering if anyone who has ever worked in Financial Services (I understand most people here trade for themselves) could answer the following quick questionnaire. It won't take longer than 10 minutes and its mostly basic yes/no answers - I need to get some binary data to analyse, I would be very grateful!

Here is the link:
https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/durham/survey2

Thank you very much!
skylex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:01pm   #6883

Joined Dec 2010

Hello Alex and welcome to this community
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:38am   #6884
Joined Feb 2012

Hi team,

I'm from Toronto, Canada. My interest is in trading the E-mini S&P 500. Hoping to learn from you

K
karun.krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:33am   #6885
Joined Mar 2012

Hello all!

Shortly after coming in London some time ago, while browsing through some old books in a charity shop, I found a book called "The Alchemy of Finance" (do I need to name its author?) and got interested in making money in financial markets. Easy to say but better back to the ground...

The reality is that I am only about to start yet. I have some background knowledge which could be hopefully useful for setting up trading - some good overview of IT (Linux, databases, Python scripting, FIX Protocol and some others) and accounting (which could possibly help with analysing shares), so at least I can more easily handle the technical part.

I would like to combine a longer term portfolio of shares/ETFs/ETCs with daily traded CFDs, at least this is my initial view. So far I have been going to seminars, viewing historical data, reading various resources and practising with demo accounts. I have also opened a real account with Trade500plus but that was probably not quite wise as I have now discovered many negative reviews online and even warnings from Cyprus' and Belize's financial authorities about this broker. It will be probably better to look somewhere else. Yesterday I applied for an account with GFTUK but now I read so many negative reviews about them as well.

So I guess I need another broker. The selection will not be too wide, if any at all, because I am ready to start with something between only £500 and £1000. I do not aim for high leverage and will prefer minimising riscs, perhaps would hold a Gold ETF/ETC and occasionally short a Gold CFD at the times of price falls I observe almost everyday afternoon when North America begins their morning trading.

Maybe later I will be able to develop algorithmic trading and am preparing for it, but for now I am where I am - just looking for a (probably CFD) broker.

Thank you for reading my introduction and I will be happy to contribute to this forum with anything (from the little) I know.
zaq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:59am   #6886

7 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Re: Introduce Yourself - IMC

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a 7City login for the IMC - willing to pay.

Thanks
NickSnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 3:10pm   #6887

Joined Dec 2010

Hello karun.krishna , welcome to forum T2W
Old Mar 9, 2012, 6:11pm   #6888

8 Posts
Joined Mar 2012

Hello. I'm from Kansas City and I'm somewhat new to FOREX trading.

I'm excited to be in the forums and I look forward to learning & growing.
snsFX is offline   Reply With Quote