Introduce Yourself

This is a discussion on Introduce Yourself within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi everyone, My name is Alex Tagar. I am new here and excited to meet people that have similar passion ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:04am   #10065
 
AlexTagr's Avatar
Joined Jul 2015
Hi everyone, My name is Alex Tagar. I am new here and excited to meet people that have similar passion towards day trading.
I have been trading for the past 3 years now, managed to climb out of my loss hole on april 2014, now have been doing quite well. I trade based on TA and book+t&s.
AlexTagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:33am   #10066
Noz
 
6 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Hi all. Been into trading for a little while now on and off.

I've been a keen investor for a few years, and now having a broad portfolio and holding I thought I would just hold, research and network.

Look forward to reading advice from others on here. Thanks
Noz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:02pm   #10067
 
turboonostrilvision's Avatar
Joined Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noz View Post
Hi all. Been into trading for a little while now on and off.

I've been a keen investor for a few years, and now having a broad portfolio and holding I thought I would just hold, research and network.

Look forward to reading advice from others on here. Thanks
Hi , thanks for joining, enjoy the forum.
__________________
Most brokers I trade with I get some money back for spread, nice addition to trading profits and also way to build passive income. Traders can boost forex income
turboonostrilvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:25am   #10068
 
3 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Just playing around at the moment, but am curious to know how losses work.

So as an example, you buy a stock for $10. A few hours later, the calue of the stock has gone up, you sell it and make $5 (and get back what you spent on it for a $5 profit, $15 'deposit' back into your account).

The other way, you buy a stock for $10. The value goes down. How can you lose more than $10? You're not paying someone to take the stock off your hands - someone else is buying it.

On paper, i 'spent' $33 buying 100 contracts in Norway. The value plummeted and now I potentially owe $98. To whom am I paying this? And would I get back the initial $33, making the loss more around the $65 mark?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I just don't understand how you can lose more than what you put in.
infinte_alphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:32am   #10069
 
1 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
My New friends

Hi, everybody. I am Sunny. It is the first time that I come here. I am an outgoing girl, and my favorite is traveling, so I would like to make friends with everyone whatever your country is and whatever your region is. Do you want to make friends with me?
longsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:03am   #10070
 
9 Posts
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinte_alphabet View Post
Just playing around at the moment, but am curious to know how losses work.

So as an example, you buy a stock for $10. A few hours later, the calue of the stock has gone up, you sell it and make $5 (and get back what you spent on it for a $5 profit, $15 'deposit' back into your account).

The other way, you buy a stock for $10. The value goes down. How can you lose more than $10? You're not paying someone to take the stock off your hands - someone else is buying it.

On paper, i 'spent' $33 buying 100 contracts in Norway. The value plummeted and now I potentially owe $98. To whom am I paying this? And would I get back the initial $33, making the loss more around the $65 mark?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I just don't understand how you can lose more than what you put in.
It depends on what kind of contracts you have bought. Did you bought a share cfd contract? Or did you write a option contract?
InvestandTrade101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:05pm   #10071
 
3 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvestandTrade101 View Post
It depends on what kind of contracts you have bought. Did you bought a share cfd contract? Or did you write a option contract?
CFD.

(As an aside, I waited it out and 'sold' the stocks for a total profit of $1.88. Haha! Better than a 'loss'. )
infinte_alphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:06pm   #10072
 
3 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
But what's the difference between the CFD and Options? I have only been playing with CFD.
infinte_alphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduce Yourself traderjules88 The Foyer 12 Sep 25, 2016 1:08pm
May I introduce myself......... felixakulw Home Trader 79 Dec 13, 2013 9:59pm
Greetings I will like to Introduce Yourself murhy The Foyer 2 Aug 10, 2011 8:49am
Let me introduce myself HedgeUrAnalyst First Steps 10 Aug 1, 2011 4:47am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)