Free Paper Trading Account

This is a discussion on Free Paper Trading Account within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Does anyone out there know of free (or cheap subscription) paper trading accounts that are UNLIMITED not just the 30-90 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 14, 2006, 1:15pm   #1
Joined Oct 2006
Free Paper Trading Account

Does anyone out there know of free (or cheap subscription) paper trading accounts that are UNLIMITED not just the 30-90 day free demo accounts???
nickdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 1:54pm   #2

Joined Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdd
Does anyone out there know of free (or cheap subscription) paper trading accounts that are UNLIMITED not just the 30-90 day free demo accounts???
Hello mate what are you paper trading...if it is forex and dow and dj stocks then alpari demo is pretty good.........I use it for all my back testing..platform meta trader and you can also code your Techincal analysis as well

Hope this helps
Old Oct 14, 2006, 2:26pm   #3

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdd
For a range of instruments Interactive Brokers provide a demo account, which is 15 minute delayed, but you can use it unlimited. However your setups are wiped overnight.

They also have a paper trading account, which has identical characteristics to the real account, but you cannot open it until you have funded the main account.

However many of the brokers who advertise demo accounts won't expire them at the quoted period, because it is in their interests to keep your attention. The only thing is that they might have restrictions on the data supplied e.g. markets, instruments, time delay.

Charlton
Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 2:56pm   #4
Joined Oct 2006
re paper trading a/c

nickdd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav700
Hello mate what are you paper trading...if it is forex and dow and dj stocks then alpari demo is pretty good.........I use it for all my back testing..platform meta trader and you can also code your Techincal analysis as well

Hope this helps
Thanks v much 4 the reply, i should have mentioned-I'm really looking across the board a t the moment-big liquid markets. eur/$, s&p, ftse, brent crude, u can spread yrself 2thin obviously,but can also die if the 1 market u trade goes quiet. (Blah! blah! etc....)
Old Oct 14, 2006, 3:00pm   #5
Joined Oct 2006
paper a/c s

nickdd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton
For a range of instruments Interactive Brokers provide a demo account, which is 15 minute delayed, but you can use it unlimited. However your setups are wiped overnight.

They also have a paper trading account, which has identical characteristics to the real account, but you cannot open it until you have funded the main account.

However many of the brokers who advertise demo accounts won't expire them at the quoted period, because it is in their interests to keep your attention. The only thing is that they might have restrictions on the data supplied e.g. markets, instruments, time delay.

Charlton
Hi Charlton. thx 4 the reply . gd common sense stuff.- am looking across the board at the mo big liquid fx, stock indexes, brent crude, hope 2 pair down eventually.