New Trader. What is up with Tradenet and Meir Barak?

This is a discussion on New Trader. What is up with Tradenet and Meir Barak? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; I Joined tradenet several months ago and as a new trader it has been very beneficial to me. Teaching me ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:38am   #17

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
tradenet

I Joined tradenet several months ago and as a new trader it has been very beneficial to me. Teaching me the ins and outs of day trading and having seasoned traders there to really help guide me through all the hurdles of becoming a trader. I would recommend tradenet to anyone who wants to take the next step to becoming a professional trader.
dstrtb954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2017, 3:32pm   #18
Joined May 2003
Interesting that all the people touting Meir Barak/Tradenet have LESS THAN TEN posts!
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:51pm   #19

Joined Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranQ View Post
Interesting that all the people touting Meir Barak/Tradenet have LESS THAN TEN posts!
True. Does look a bit dodgy

I can't speak for the tradenet side of things, but colmex have been around for a decent while now, and I've not heard a great deal in the way of complaints if i'm honest. Only that their commissions are a little on the high side. When they first popped up, I dismised them as I imagined that they'd head for the sunset and disappear with everyones money , but that doesn't appear to be the case!
I've spoken to Mier before, and to be honest he seems like a pretty genuine guy from what my instincts tell me at least. He's certainly very transparent in his trading room which is very unusual in this industry!

I'm actually considering opening an account with them to trade CFD equities. I already have futures and spreadbet accounts, but want to try my hand at equities, but don't want to chuck the 25k required under the PDT rule at it, so the CFD route is tempting. I like their platform too.

On that note, does anyone here have a colmex account? What has your experience been like? Are there any platform fees? Any issues with withdrawing money or 'hidden' fees etc?

cheers
lexcorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:57am   #20

1 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
My experience with tradenet

Hey guys, just thought that I should give a fair and honest opinion about them after following the trading room for about 6 months now. The tradenet trading room is in my opinion one of best out there. The team of analysts led by Meir and Scott call out their trades live and are transparent and honest with their trades. It's certainly worth the money if you're looking to learn how to trade or simply get your toes wet, the analysts will even explain the rationale for their entry and exit points, and review any trade ideas which the subscribers may have.

After following them for a couple of months and comparing other educators in the field, I decided to take the plunge with the $500 intro program, just to get a feel of what it was like. If you are new and cannot find a platform to get started, you should seriously consider this program as it also includes access to the trading room and 24 self-study course for a certain period of time. Meir is frank about how the intro program is simply an opportunity for newer traders to experience what trading is like, but is definitely not sufficient to take on trading as a full time career. You also have the option to upgrade to one of the higher programs which provides a bigger account value, and also access to amazing courses such as the intensive star trader course, which covers almost everything you need to be on the path of earning consistent profits to be a successful trader.

Would definitely recommend tradenet to newer traders out there. They even offer a 14 days free trial trading room access to anyone who wants to get a feel for how good they are.
Wil_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:04am   #21

5 Posts
Joined May 2014
Doubtful

I was going to join Colmex this week but after doing my research and reading all these negative reviews about people not getting their money Iím having 2nd thoughts. I love their platform. But their commissions are high. $0.01/share per ticket. So for 1 trade of 5000 shares youíll be paying $100 in comission. $50 for buying and $50 for selling. Which I think is a bit ridiculous. Does anyone know of any other brokers that have a similar platform to the Colmex one(with a level 2 especially) that are trustworthy and not based in Cyprus lol. Iím from the UK so a UK broker would be preferred.

Also on a side note, to the PR Team for Colmex, at least make your fake posts praising Colmex sounds somewhat believable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexcorp View Post
True. Does look a bit dodgy

I can't speak for the tradenet side of things, but colmex have been around for a decent while now, and I've not heard a great deal in the way of complaints if i'm honest. Only that their commissions are a little on the high side. When they first popped up, I dismised them as I imagined that they'd head for the sunset and disappear with everyones money , but that doesn't appear to be the case!
I've spoken to Mier before, and to be honest he seems like a pretty genuine guy from what my instincts tell me at least. He's certainly very transparent in his trading room which is very unusual in this industry!

I'm actually considering opening an account with them to trade CFD equities. I already have futures and spreadbet accounts, but want to try my hand at equities, but don't want to chuck the 25k required under the PDT rule at it, so the CFD route is tempting. I like their platform too.

On that note, does anyone here have a colmex account? What has your experience been like? Are there any platform fees? Any issues with withdrawing money or 'hidden' fees etc?

cheers
z_abideen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:29pm   #22

Joined Jul 2017
Wow what a thread designed as advertisement!

The whole thing looks exactly like Nonko trading, since the most novice traders will lose their money, they are being put on a simulator to trade while thinking they are trading for real and when they lost the money, bad luck... I bet their "education" was also designed for the new traders to lose everything...

Without audited record by a 3rd party this looks like one big scam + the fact of this gorilla advertisement campaign = stay away or you'll lose everything...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:04am   #23

5 Posts
Joined May 2014
Thanks for the reply. Could you maybe suggest another broker for me to use? Ive been demo trading very successfully now for a while. I have about £2000($2300) and I want to start trading with real money. I just need to find a broker that won't screw me over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Wow what a thread designed as advertisement!

The whole thing looks exactly like Nonko trading, since the most novice traders will lose their money, they are being put on a simulator to trade while thinking they are trading for real and when they lost the money, bad luck... I bet their "education" was also designed for the new traders to lose everything...

Without audited record by a 3rd party this looks like one big scam + the fact of this gorilla advertisement campaign = stay away or you'll lose everything...
z_abideen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:17am   #24

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_abideen View Post
Thanks for the reply. Could you maybe suggest another broker for me to use? Ive been demo trading very successfully now for a while. I have about £2000($2300) and I want to start trading with real money. I just need to find a broker that won't screw me over
My advice is get a broker in your home country that is registered with the authorities, so you can get protection from your government... this is the best advice, maybe check interactive brokers for example...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is online now   Reply With Quote