New Trader. What is up with Tradenet and Meir Barak?

This is a discussion on New Trader. What is up with Tradenet and Meir Barak? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; I prop trade and use Tradenet for over 2 years now, and I’ve never been disappointed with their service. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:04pm   #9

4 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
I prop trade and use Tradenet for over 2 years now, and I’ve never been disappointed with their service. I find their intra-day live help in his trading room invaluable.
It’s really helped me work out where I need to focus my efforts. I started with the Self-Study course and it gave me 24/7 access and taught me things like screen configuration, moving averages and managing a watch list (among other things).
I have to admit, because there is a mix of professional traders and new traders in the trading room, I had to be careful what advice I listen too, as it can be easy to pick up the wrong information. That is why I decided to join their brokerage program. I got 2 brokers - Shlomo and Scott. These guys are professional traders and really confident in what they do.
Mark Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:17pm   #10

6 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
1. So, here’s the thing, I’ve been trading maybe for about 4 months or so, and I’ve been finding it quite hard. I just have trouble recognizing when I should trade, how to use the indicators properly and generally finding my way around the platforms. Then I found Tradenet. They’ve helped train me in all the places I’ve struggling with and I’ve learned more in the last four weeks than I have in all the other time. Meir Barak, who started the company, even took time to talk it all through with me. It bothers me a bit that there are so many people there giving their opinions, which can make things a bit confusing, but I tend to just listen to Meir and his advice has been spot on so far.
Eliott Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:25pm   #11
Joined Dec 2015
Sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliott Gray View Post
1. So, hereís the thing, Iíve been trading maybe for about 4 months or so, and Iíve been finding it quite hard. I just have trouble recognizing when I should trade, how to use the indicators properly and generally finding my way around the platforms. Then I found Tradenet. Theyíve helped train me in all the places Iíve struggling with and Iíve learned more in the last four weeks than I have in all the other time. Meir Barak, who started the company, even took time to talk it all through with me. It bothers me a bit that there are so many people there giving their opinions, which can make things a bit confusing, but I tend to just listen to Meir and his advice has been spot on so far.
Well Eliott, that sounds very interesting. I'm having trouble finding the right platforms for me to work with and sometimes i just really need guidance from someone who knows what he's (she's) doing. I'll check Tradenet if you recommend it then.
Thanks and good luck !
Daniel Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:49pm   #12

4 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Stuart View Post
Well Eliott, that sounds very interesting. I'm having trouble finding the right platforms for me to work with and sometimes i just really need guidance from someone who knows what he's (she's) doing. I'll check Tradenet if you recommend it then.
Thanks and good luck !
I also recommend tradenet. Just now posted about how everything about trading is not the safest and when you're new it can be a struggle. And that struggle can be a bit easier with the right guidance. Like in every field i assume but this is really frightening sometimes!
Tracy Richads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:35pm   #13
Joined Dec 2015
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate2Lose View Post
I think itís quite simple Ė depends how good a trader you are!

Sounds like a good deal if you can trade, but not so good if you canít. Most people donít have the aptitude for trading Ė it takes a specific type of person, IMO.
I totally agree. It's like in everything. Some musicians earn nothing, some can live off of it and some are billionaire superstars.
I use Tradenet as well and i live very well off of trading and my other occupations, hoping to one day become a superstar But investing money that you don't have to spare is not a thing to do, and investing any money is not something to be done impulsively!
Daniel Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:46am   #14

6 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Stuart View Post
Thanks and good luck !
Well, don't believe everything you read, and do some research yourself. But i do recommend from my personal experience. Just start slow and see how it is. Let me know. Good luck to you 2!
Eliott Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:37am   #15

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
Meir barak? You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?

Oh really? you were a Professional Trader? mmmm, Really? you were a Hedge Fund Manager? OK! All you have to do is look for their regulatory history in the geography they claim to have been a Professional Trader / Hedge Fund Manager. If a person has been regulated in the past to perform what is known as a "controlled function" / has been able to give investment advice and trade / invest "other peoples money," it means by definition they have ACTUALLY been a Professional Trader and / a Hedge Fund Manager. If they haven't then they have never been a Professional Trader / Hedge Fund Manager. It really is that simple!

If you want to take someone advice or that someone claims to be a professional trader, be sure you check their credential.

https://register.fca.org.uk/
http://www.finra.org/
kelvinyau317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:55am   #16
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Seriously ?

Seriously ?

Mods ?

Anyone ?
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote