Newbie

This is a discussion on Newbie within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi all, I am totally new to this and have been reading through the forums recently which has been quite ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:14pm   #1
Joined Oct 2013
Newbie

Hi all, I am totally new to this and have been reading through the forums recently which has been quite enlightening.

What I would like to ask is where can I find the previous days basic charts for the FTSE market?

I am interested in looking at the hourly chart and the 5 minute chart.

Do I need to open a demo account to access this information?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Range Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:45pm   #2
Joined Oct 2013
Forget it...pack it all in before you start, and do not deposit any money and attempt to enter the markets.

Haven't you read the posts here?

Spread Betting is rigged up to the hill, you can't win and you won't win. The big bad bookies are out to get ya!

Also don't bother trading any other way either, becasue its all gambling and no one ever succeeds. Even when you get your entry right and price moves in your favor, you never win, its rigged.

Best thing you can do is believe all the ghost story's here and go and hide under your bed and never think of trading again.

Be scared..be very scared!

DAX30DayTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:12pm   #3
Joined Oct 2013
I'm joking of course!

You can get your charts on any of the SB firms when you open an account, you don't need to deposit money.

I recommend IG if you are interested in spread betting.
DAX30DayTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:18pm   #4
 
Shakone's Avatar
Joined Feb 2009
You don't need to open an account. You can google FTSE 100 1 hour chart and after clicking a few buttons you'll have it.
Shakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:12pm   #5
Joined Oct 2013
Range Finder started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAX30DayTrader View Post
I'm joking of course!

You can get your charts on any of the SB firms when you open an account, you don't need to deposit money.

I recommend IG if you are interested in spread betting.
Cheers Dax. I have been following your thread with interest. I have just been looking at the FTSE candle stick chart. Going to have to learn how to read the thing now.
Range Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:14pm   #6
Joined Oct 2013
Range Finder started this thread Thanks for your reply Shakone.
Range Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:58pm   #7
Joined Jun 2011
I use IG but sometimes the charts can play up.
If your just after charts investing.com ive always found pretty good. they have the FTSE on there
http://www.investing.com/charts/real...indices-charts
hope this helps
djrivum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:04pm   #8
Joined Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrivum View Post
I use IG but sometimes the charts can play up.
If your just after charts investing.com ive always found pretty good. they have the FTSE on there
http://www.investing.com/charts/real...indices-charts
hope this helps
Any lag with them?
DAX30DayTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:03pm   #9
Joined Oct 2013
Range Finder started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAX30DayTrader View Post
Any lag with them?
investing.com was lagging a bit for me. I have just opened a demo account with CMC Markets. It was quick and easy to open and so far looks very good for charts and charting tools.

A lot to play around with for a newbie anyway.
Range Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:26pm   #10
Joined Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range Finder View Post
investing.com was lagging a bit for me. I have just opened a demo account with CMC Markets. It was quick and easy to open and so far looks very good for charts and charting tools.

A lot to play around with for a newbie anyway.
CMC - Steal For Free....ohhh, noooo
DAX30DayTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:18am   #11
Joined Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAX30DayTrader View Post
Forget it...pack it all in before you start, and do not deposit any money and attempt to enter the markets.

Haven't you read the posts here?

Spread Betting is rigged up to the hill, you can't win and you won't win. The big bad bookies are out to get ya!

Also don't bother trading any other way either, becasue its all gambling and no one ever succeeds. Even when you get your entry right and price moves in your favor, you never win, its rigged.

Best thing you can do is believe all the ghost story's here and go and hide under your bed and never think of trading again.

Be scared..be very scared!

Hahahahahaha .
I LUUUUV this first reply DAX ,,, Great one .
Cheers,
George
George A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:45am   #12
Joined Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range Finder View Post
Hi all, I am totally new to this and have been reading through the forums recently which has been quite enlightening.

What I would like to ask is where can I find the previous days basic charts for the FTSE market?

I am interested in looking at the hourly chart and the 5 minute chart.

Do I need to open a demo account to access this information?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Demo accounts tend to show functionality rather than act as a proper resource for charts etc.

You may be better off opening a live account.
lucas_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:54pm   #13
Joined Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAX30DayTrader View Post
Any lag with them?
Hi - sorry ive only just seen your question - i dont notice any lag but im trading a daily chart, if your trading a much smaller time frame you may find it does.

For back testing systems i have found this is quite useful because the charts go back years and years. The site is a bit clunky though.
http://forex.tradingcharts.com/chart
djrivum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
newbie mcginty1 First Steps 11 Apr 10, 2012 6:40am
Hello from a newbie Marcie First Steps 10 Sep 17, 2011 10:34pm
newbie traderuniversity First Steps 9 Nov 17, 2009 1:42pm
Newbie pta_user First Steps 8 Oct 2, 2007 7:24pm
Newbie akin Stocks 10 Dec 31, 2006 3:19pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)