How to become a trader in london

This is a discussion on How to become a trader in london within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hello, I need help please. I wish to know how to become a trader in london. I'm an Engineer graduated ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:06pm   #1

2 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
How to become a trader in london

Hello,

I need help please.
I wish to know how to become a trader in london. I'm an Engineer graduated from the 1st engineering school in Cameroon(Africa) in Electrical Engineering. I have also done a master of science in Project Management and System engineering in Paris at "SUPELEC" and i have an ACI dealing Certificate passed with merit.

My wish is to become a trader in london. But i wish to know if i need to do another school in london. What school do i need to do? and is that school cheap?

Thank you
frankoliviers2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:44pm   #2

Joined Aug 2004
Re: How to become a trader in london

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankoliviers2006 View Post
Hello,

I need help please.
I wish to know how to become a trader in london. I'm an Engineer graduated from the 1st engineering school in Cameroon(Africa) in Electrical Engineering. I have also done a master of science in Project Management and System engineering in Paris at "SUPELEC" and i have an ACI dealing Certificate passed with merit.

My wish is to become a trader in london. But i wish to know if i need to do another school in london. What school do i need to do? and is that school cheap?

Thank you
To get into a tier 1 investment bank you'll need an MBA from a top institution, like Chicago Business School or Columbia. Current estimates are $168,000 for a full-time 2 year MBA course at Columbia. Google it.

Last edited by c6ackp; Aug 14, 2013 at 1:46pm. Reason: typo
c6ackp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2013, 4:28pm   #3
Joined Jun 2005

The best school is the school of hard knocks and it's very expensive.
Aston1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:05pm   #4
Joined Jul 2013

Quote:
Hello,

I'm an Engineer graduated from the 1st engineering school in Cameroon(Africa) in Electrical Engineering. I have also done a master of science in Project Management and System engineering in Paris at "SUPELEC" and i have an ACI dealing Certificate passed with merit.

Thank you
-- Have you tried anything so far?
CityMasterTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:36pm   #5

2 Posts
Joined Aug 2013

frankoliviers2006 started this thread Hello,

That school is very expensive for me. Is there another path in london? The problem is just that i dont want to move from one country to another. I prefer to learn in london and work in london. That will be easier for me?

I have not really tried something else before. i'm just a beginner in the finance world.

Thank you for your answer
frankoliviers2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:32pm   #6
Joined Jul 2013
Quote:
Hello,

That school is very expensive for me. Is there another path in london? The problem is just that i dont want to move from one country to another. I prefer to learn in london and work in london. That will be easier for me?

I have not really tried something else before. i'm just a beginner in the finance world.

The school is very expensive, no doubt about that. 'People become traders without ever having seen what banking actually is' | Joris Luyendijk | Comment is free | theguardian.com
CityMasterTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:50pm   #7

Joined Nov 2010
Quote:
Hello,

why dont you learn how to trade in france, then move over to london?

(there is actually some sense in this post, believe it or not)
rsh01 is offline   Reply With Quote