Best brokers for active ISA and SIPP traders

This is a discussion on Best brokers for active ISA and SIPP traders within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; i think INTERACTIVE BROKERS are excellent. their fees are really low and they have some great tools especially for options ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:48am   #25
Joined Oct 2012
i think INTERACTIVE BROKERS are excellent. their fees are really low and they have some great tools especially for options trading. i like that fact that i can trade UK and US Equities and chart them.
Original Options Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:24am   #26

4 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I am convinced that IB is excellent. I have been using IB for about 5 years now. I was hoping if someone could share their experience in setting up a SIPP account with the IB approved administrators and trading their SIPP money with IB

Stadia Trustees Ltd
Berkeley Burke
Corporate & Professional Pensions Limited
SIPP Willow Trustees Limited
SIPP (Pension Trustees) Ltd
Carey Pension Trustees UK Ltd.
European Pensions Management
NSS Trustees Limited

These administrators can be found in this IB link:

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...nistrators.php

Thanks in advance!
ammentaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:50pm   #27
Joined Oct 2012
Hi there
I decided to go with corporate & professional pensions. they are a small family firm and their charges were low. they set everything up and i have now been trading with IB through them since jan this year. pleased with the service.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:23pm   #28

4 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
SIPP with IB - any advice on trustee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Options Trader View Post
Hi there
I decided to go with corporate & professional pensions. they are a small family firm and their charges were low. they set everything up and i have now been trading with IB through them since jan this year. pleased with the service.
Hi Original Options Trader,

I saw your post on Corporate & Professional pensions, SIPP trustee with IB. Could you please share if you are still happy with their service?

Thank you so much in advance!
norilsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:22am   #29
Joined Oct 2012
Hi Norilsk
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I am happy with them still been good. are you trading options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by norilsk View Post
Hi Original Options Trader,

I saw your post on Corporate & Professional pensions, SIPP trustee with IB. Could you please share if you are still happy with their service?

Thank you so much in advance!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:36pm   #30

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Trading Options in a SIPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Options Trader View Post
Hi there

Hi OOT

I have the same setup as you. What type of option strategies are you trading?
IB won't let me trade any debit or credit call spreads on single equity options and not on almost all index options, the exception being SPX becasue it is US and European style exercise. I can't even do call spreads on the FTSE100 index options even though that is also European style exercise. Debit call spreads are limited risk but it seems that IB's system doesn't recognise this, and it's not allowed just because there is a blanket ban on selling calls irrespective of the fact that there is a long call covering the risk in a spread trade.
IB says that the only way they would allow these trades if the account was a margin account but a SIPP account from C&P pensions is cash only. Are you trading options strategies where none of them involve a short call leg?
rotatorcuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:25am   #31
Joined Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotatorcuff View Post
Hi OOT

I have the same setup as you. What type of option strategies are you trading?
IB won't let me trade any debit or credit call spreads on single equity options and not on almost all index options, the exception being SPX becasue it is US and European style exercise. I can't even do call spreads on the FTSE100 index options even though that is also European style exercise. Debit call spreads are limited risk but it seems that IB's system doesn't recognise this, and it's not allowed just because there is a blanket ban on selling calls irrespective of the fact that there is a long call covering the risk in a spread trade.
IB says that the only way they would allow these trades if the account was a margin account but a SIPP account from C&P pensions is cash only. Are you trading options strategies where none of them involve a short call leg?
Late comer to this thread. I'd be interested in any information in regards to this. I'm already successfully trading options via Interactive Brokers via a corporate account and would like to open a SIPP account as well. With my existing account it is a margin account so I trade what I like without trouble. Ideally I'd like the same flexibility with the SIPP account...