success as a trader

This is a discussion on success as a trader within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; it isn't easy so, if you want a sure fire system - go somewhere else. If you want an idea ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 14, 2013, 9:42am   #1

Joined Nov 2001
success as a trader

it isn't easy so, if you want a sure fire system - go somewhere else. If you want an idea of what it takes to succeed then read on

james16 Chart Thread - Page 2789 @ Forex Factory

And this guy is well regarded as a young high flyer:

benji533's Profile @ Forex Factory

The quote from a post by Tia Forex:
"Man, this is the holy grail written out if ever I saw it........etc"

james16 Chart Thread - Page 3274 @ Forex Factory

Note the absence of signal services, "systems"etc; there may be people out there who will help you along the way but no one will give you "winning signals" tips etc - because if they could pick winners everytime would they then share them with you for a fee ? (It's called a rhetorical question.)

It's a long road but, with hard work, practice and time (including sifting threads to follow from those to discard and spotting sharks and grail merchants) one might become good at this trading business.
Happy reading and Good luck
Old May 14, 2013, 1:14pm   #2

Joined Nov 2001
Re: success as a trader

neil started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
it isn't easy so, if you want a sure fire system - go somewhere else. If you want an idea of what it takes to succeed then read on

james16 Chart Thread - Page 2789 @ Forex Factory

And this guy is well regarded as a young high flyer:

benji533's Profile @ Forex Factory

The quote from a post by Tia Forex:
"Man, this is the holy grail written out if ever I saw it........etc"

james16 Chart Thread - Page 3274 @ Forex Factory

Note the absence of signal services, "systems"etc; there may be people out there who will help you along the way but no one will give you "winning signals" tips etc - because if they could pick winners everytime would they then share them with you for a fee ? (It's called a rhetorical question.)

It's a long road but, with hard work, practice and time (including sifting threads to follow from those to discard and spotting sharks and grail merchants) one might become good at this trading business.
Happy reading and Good luck
Here's another poster- also seek out posts from Ryanmcd (a scalper) on Forexfactory and in Jankones thread below:
Jankone M5 thread @ Forex Factory
Old May 15, 2013, 12:15pm   #3

Joined Nov 2001

neil started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
Here's another poster- also seek out posts from Ryanmcd (a scalper) on Forexfactory and in Jankones thread below:
Jankone M5 thread @ Forex Factory
Here is something on Swing Failure Points and Rounded Re-tests.
Enjoy.
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...87794&page=268

Last edited by neil; May 15, 2013 at 1:00pm. Reason: add link
neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 6:52pm   #4
Joined Apr 2013

Do all these threads are worth reading. I mean if we will be reading so many systems it will make us confuse. Moreover, I think that there is no one sharing the exact profit system as they only sell those systems.
resistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 11:35pm   #5

Joined Nov 2001

neil started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by resistance View Post
Do all these threads are worth reading. I mean if we will be reading so many systems it will make us confuse. Moreover, I think that there is no one sharing the exact profit system as they only sell those systems.
Clearly you no read the links. There be no systems to make us confuse. Price action it all be about. No sell system for all is free. No signal service or magic system. You see price in action so you decide trade. Simple yes sir
Thanks! The following members like this post: malaguti , Lee Shepherd , wackypete2 , Rambo35
Old May 20, 2013, 7:06pm   #6
Joined Apr 2013

I know about the price action but I was talking about so many threads in forums about the success of a system but I don't think that these systems in threads are the real profit making things shared.
resistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 7:57pm   #7

Joined Nov 2001

neil started this thread
Quote:
I know about the price action but I was talking about so many threads in forums about the success of a system but I don't think that these systems in threads are the real profit making things shared.
No -these approaches (NOT SYSTEMS) are analogous to me giving you a choice of several pencils - but you have to pick one and write your story, no-one else can do it for you.
If you persist looking for"systems" and other magic bullets you will become/remain a poor man chasing moon beams

SEE MY FIRST POST ABOVE !!!
Old May 22, 2013, 11:51am   #8

6 Posts
Joined May 2013

Quote:
Sometime's its better to just put the hours in looking, and back-testing that there comes a point where you start seeing things a little clearer.

HTH
WinnerSinner is offline   Reply With Quote