I want to start trading!

This is a discussion on I want to start trading! within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have always had a keen interest in trading and would like to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:12pm   #1

2 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
I want to start trading!

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have always had a keen interest in trading and would like to start trading one way or another. I have done some research before but I get confused as to what platform to use etc. As an economics graduate I know the risk associated with it. So what would you guys suggest the best way to get started? Also ideally I would love to be someone's apprentice and was wondering if there are any opportunities like that around. Thanks in advance for your reply.
liorules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:44pm   #2
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Re: I want to start trading!

Hi liorules,
Welcome to T2W.

A good starting point are the first two links in my signature which you should have received in the welcome e-mail sent to you after you registered. They contain numerous other links and suggestions about how to proceed. If there is anything in those or other FAQs and forum 'Stickies' that you don't understand - just shout - help is at hand. However, please keep in mind that the best help comes from the most experienced traders, and they tend to only bother with those who are willing to help themselves by doing research of their own.

Regarding being someones 'apprentice' as you put it - there aren't any informal arrangements that I'm aware of. You can pay someone to coach or mentor you, but tread carefully if you go down that path and be sure to read this FAQ first: Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course? You could apply to a proprietary trading firm, but you'll need to have done your homework first. Check out this FAQ for details on that front: How Do I get a Job Trading?
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:57pm   #3

2 Posts
Joined Dec 2012

liorules started this thread Thanks timsk, I shell have a read around and see what I can find
liorules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:03pm   #4
Joined Oct 2011

if we are talking forex i guess the first step is to start demo, and stick to it, and from their you can jump into basics and try them on your demo account with out the fear of losing real money, i hope it helps.
ph_trader is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 9:35am   #5
Joined Nov 2012

Choose the right broker with good trading conditions, download demo account and start to practice))
forbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:48am   #6

Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyspreader View Post
I have been trading for 10+ yrs.
I worked with a trading mentor.
. E.g. If you had bought Aususd and sold jpyusd in November you would be several 1000 pts onside now!
Sounds like Mike Baghdady's quotes
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:48am   #7
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by liorules View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have always had a keen interest in trading and would like to start trading one way or another. I have done some research before but I get confused as to what platform to use etc. As an economics graduate I know the risk associated with it. So what would you guys suggest the best way to get started? Also ideally I would love to be someone's apprentice and was wondering if there are any opportunities like that around. Thanks in advance for your reply.
You are about to waste a lot of time and money. You'll probably waste a lot more of both if you get involved with any so called mentors. They range from useless to criminal. Forget about the whole idea and concentrate on work, there's no easy money.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 4:30pm   #8

Joined Feb 2010

to get started try a small account trading 0.10p a point, use 1% of your capital per trade and just read read read.