I want to start trading!

This is a discussion on I want to start trading! within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Alicewonder I do have some unfortunate experience with so called mentors. So I would strongly suggest to ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:50pm   #31
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicewonder View Post
I do have some unfortunate experience with so called mentors. So I would strongly suggest to learn on your own, taking into account that there is a lot of info out there.I'm new to Trade2Win, but I already find it very well organized and structured. My learning algorithm is to search the list of top forums on trading, take one, research it for some time, then switch to another. Previously, for instance, I was addicted to topbrokers, there is a bunch of information on forex brokers. And so on...
I do completely agree on the mentors, but do you guys realize this thread is from 2013?
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:40pm   #32
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
I do completely agree on the mentors, but do you guys realize this thread is from 2013?
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:40pm   #33
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorules View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have always had a keen interest in trading....
.. but apparently lost interest in the forum 3 days later

Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:00pm   #34
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
.. but apparently lost interest in the forum 3 days later

__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:52am   #35
Joined Oct 2017
New investors taking their first steps towards learning the basics of stock trading should have access to multiple sources of quality education.
rakhi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:44pm   #36
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakhi123 View Post
New investors taking their first steps towards learning the basics of stock trading should have access to multiple sources of quality education.
Unfortunately itís not possible due to the inherent competition in the market and all the scammers selling education and signals...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:22pm   #37
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakhi123 View Post
New investors taking their first steps towards learning the basics of stock trading should have access to multiple sources of quality education.
do YOU have access to multiple sources of quality education? i'm just curious whether you are stating this as theory or from your own experience
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:46pm   #38
 
george6's Avatar
Joined Jul 2013
Hi
I personally spent more than 6 months learning before starting to trade on a real account. I have a lot of focus on learning with books on the subject that I find on amazon, read blog on the subject and I am always very active on the forum discussion related to the market of trading.
george6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:51pm   #39
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by george6 View Post
Hi
I personally spent more than 6 months learning before starting to trade on a real account. I have a lot of focus on learning with books on the subject that I find on amazon, read blog on the subject and I am always very active on the forum discussion related to the market of trading.
i can see you are very active on the forum discussions with 29 posts in over 4 years
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:05pm   #40
 
george6's Avatar
Joined Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
i can see you are very active on the forum discussions with 29 posts in over 4 years
not on this forum, I connect time. but answering your question i am active on babypips and forexfactory. I also recommend you quora who also very good source to learn.
george6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:19pm   #41
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by george6 View Post
not on this forum, I connect time. but answering your question i am active on babypips and forexfactory. I also recommend you quora who also very good source to learn.
ok mate thanks
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:28pm   #42
 
3 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
First get some forex knowledge. Next, open a forex demo account with a reputable forex broker. You need to do your research on the brokers, because there are some pretty terrible ones out there. The best method would be read up on reviews of these brokers.

Once you've established the broker you want to work with, Open a forex account.Start off with a demo account just to get a feel for the broker's platform and also try out some trading strategies. You will be trading with virtual money so the stress level is not as high as when you trade on a live account.

Once you feel you've conquered the demo account, you're ready to go live. Just be careful not to get too excited when trading,or else you'll lose all your money.
kwasik is offline Data vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:16pm   #43
 
Robbe's Avatar
Joined Feb 2016
And how do forum discussions and communication help you trade? I for one prefer sharing experience, reading analytical articles. I think I learn more this way.
Robbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:26am   #44
 
Penny Picks's Avatar
Joined Jan 2018
FX and Binary FX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasik View Post
First get some forex knowledge. Next, open a forex demo account with a reputable forex broker. You need to do your research on the brokers, because there are some pretty terrible ones out there. The best method would be read up on reviews of these brokers.

Once you've established the broker you want to work with, Open a forex account.Start off with a demo account just to get a feel for the broker's platform and also try out some trading strategies. You will be trading with virtual money so the stress level is not as high as when you trade on a live account.

Once you feel you've conquered the demo account, you're ready to go live. Just be careful not to get too excited when trading,or else you'll lose all your money.
FX is not for the faint of heart. It's not well regulated and there are a number of "Boiler Room" operations. From what I can tell this forum is a Great Britain based site and it gives most a leg up for opening an FX account. The USA is very restricted. My short experience in trading the FX markets soon showed me that I was trading against the broker. If I were the brokerage house I might throw some peanuts on the floor but it would be a cold day when I let anyone beat the house. One last thought. NADEX is an 'Exchange' in Chicago. You trade against another trader and your chances increase considerably.

Keep in mind this is just my own personal opinion.
Penny Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:29pm   #45
Joined Dec 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Picks View Post
FX is not for the faint of heart. It's not well regulated and there are a number of "Boiler Room" operations. From what I can tell this forum is a Great Britain based site and it gives most a leg up for opening an FX account. The USA is very restricted. My short experience in trading the FX markets soon showed me that I was trading against the broker. If I were the brokerage house I might throw some peanuts on the floor but it would be a cold day when I let anyone beat the house. One last thought. NADEX is an 'Exchange' in Chicago. You trade against another trader and your chances increase considerably.

Keep in mind this is just my own personal opinion.
This is definitely not a bad idea and well expressed too. We have hundreds of forex related forums out there where you can learn to trade first hand, and trade2win is a typical example of that?
Just keep registering with anyone you find and ask questions there!
shadyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iím New To TRADING Ė Where Do I Start? T2W Bot First Steps 242 Aug 6, 2018 8:21am
When did you start trading? Rhody Trader First Steps 14 Jun 26, 2012 5:12pm
How do I start trading? daytraderme First Steps 2 Apr 14, 2011 9:22am
Help to start trading ES ipoppy Futures & Options 2 Dec 14, 2010 7:37pm
I want to start trading panduga First Steps 4 Nov 21, 2010 7:47pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)