Bund, Bobl, Schatz?

This is a discussion on Bund, Bobl, Schatz? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi there I was wondering if someone could explain to me what the bund, bobl and schatz are, and how ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:53pm   #1
Joined Mar 2005
Bund, Bobl, Schatz?

Hi there

I was wondering if someone could explain to me what the bund, bobl and schatz are, and how they might be traded? I've always assumed they're linked to fixed income products such as bonds and STIR's, but was looking for clarification. Thanks.
barryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:43am   #2

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
I don't want to get told off for grave-digging or anything, but I found this thread by a google search...

As far as I understand, the bund refers to the German government 10Y bond, and then the other names like bobl and Schatz are for the 2Y, 5Y, 30Y etc...
Stocks Unlocked is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:39am   #3

Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocks Unlocked View Post
I don't want to get told off for grave-digging or anything, but I found this thread by a google search...

As far as I understand, the bund refers to the German government 10Y bond, and then the other names like bobl and Schatz are for the 2Y, 5Y, 30Y etc...
Bund = 10Y
Bobl = 5Y
Schatz = 2Y
Jason Rogers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote